Budapest Bubble
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Budapest
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnational museumrecommend placeslocation is greattwo nightswithin walking distancejewish quarterwould definitely stay here againshort walkhostelbackpackersguestscitymetrobaths
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We came very late at night, and could not find any other hostel that still had beds available. Olga took us in, and made us feel at home right away. She also showed us the good bars to go to. this hostel is a very good place to stay, and we really enjoyed being here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We had three very enjoyable nights at the Bubble - the staff were very helpful and being such a little place it feels very personal. They added really nice touches by sending us a welcome email before we came and a goodbye when we left.

Everything was clean and comfortable my only complaint was that our double room smelt a little musty but not a big deal.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Turned up no booking they had room and out me up took me for a beer in a local ruin bar showed me everywhere I need to go in the city!

I told them I would stay for 2 nights I ended up being there for 4 with a sense I had had an amazing time and met some amazing people and saw a great city at the same time!

loved it! Staff are friendly and welcoming, you might forget they work there and this is not your house!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I could not have possibly asked for a better hostel experience. On arrival, my friends and I were warmly welcomed and given an extremely helpful description of the city and all available activities. Rooms were large and the entire general area of the hostel was kept really clean and cozy.

The hostel's location is also ideal. It is within walking distance of almost everything, from the Danube river and Budapest's castles, to a plethora of bars and shopping centers. And if walking isn't your thing, you can always catch the metro which is also right around the corner.

It was the staff that truly made this hostel experience what is was though, and I'm pretty sure you won't find such a helpful, vivacious, and friendly staff in ALL of Europe. Sam, Alex, and Olga were all incredible, and even hung out with us around town at night! I can guarantee you won't ever have a boring day or night in Budapest when staying at the Bubble. Even 5 days didn't seem like nearly enough time to enjoy all that this incredible hostel and city offers.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank MDiaz2291
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We went to Budapest in mid June 2011 and although we had some trouble finding it (lookout for that uber small sign opp the museum), we were glad we did- it's easily one of the best hostels in Europe as far as our stay was concerned. It's a small hostel and I think that's what gives it the edge- the staff hangs out with everyone who stays there and pretty much everyone knows everyone- its like being at home! Olga, the owner, was a fabulous host- it was almost like we were visiting her as friends- she came with us to all the bars we went to and really took care of us :) And, she's generally quite adorable! Sam, the manager, was also amazing.

The hostel itself is very clean and the beds are super comfy. There's also a small kitchen area, where you can make yourself small snacks (no full blown kitchen, but hey, go out there and explore Hungarian food!). The bathrooms are small but very clean. And the hostel is very close to the subway, so it's a train ride away from anywhere.
If I go to Budapest again, I'm definitely going straight there :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends