“Very Cosy and Close to Castle HIll”

Budavar Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 191 Budapest B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Budavar Pension B&B. It is in a quiet area so I was easily able to sleep not to mention it had the comfortable homey fill to it. It was a two minute walk from Fishman's Bastion and great shopping. What was the best part for me was the owner Viktor, he was very helpful showing me how to get to my tours or places I wanted to visit. He arranged for a taxi both tow and from the airport so I only needed to enjoy sightseeing. I would happily come back.

Room Tip: Breakfast starts at 8:30 so if you need to leave earlier ask for something to go.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rachel P

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Victor (the innkeeper) is really kind and helpful.
Perfect and quiet location, good daily breakfast.
Comfortable and bright room with a beautiful view of the cathedral.
Good value for the money (inexpensive).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lene J
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review sitting on the doorstep of the Budavar Pension, because I stupidly locked myself out. Viktor, the innkeeper, is on his way to let me in (on his Saturday off!) and was incredibly gracious and understanding. He really is so accommodating and gracious.

My husband and I have loved our stay here. The room is beautiful, sunny, and comfortable. We have a view of the famous Matthias Church on the hill behind us, and every morning we wake up to the sound of birds in the trees outside. All of this, and we are only a five minute walk down the hill to the metro where you have an awesome view of the parliament building and a quick ride across the river to Pest.

We have really enjoyed our own neighborhood, which includes the sites of the castle district. Fisherman's Bastion is well worth a visit, as well as some nice lookout points from the palace. Viktor provides good maps and recommendations.

The breakfast is very nice with good, strong coffee, hard boiled eggs, meat, cheese, pâté, tomatoes, fruit, yogurt and cereals. We really enjoyed eating on the sunny terrace with a view of the Parliament building.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank livelycal
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Spent two nights here, its in an excellent location, rooms were very nice with lovely views out the windows. Breakfast was good. Viktor the owner was great and very helpful, showing us where everything was on the map. Great value for money!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt_White101
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We spent three days at Budavar. In a quiet neighborhood with a quick walk up to the Fisherman's Bastion. Public transportation was an easy walk downhill (and not quite so easy walk back uphill). Our host Victor was friendly and very helpful in educating us about the city. The room was very comfortable and quite reasonable. Excellent breakfast. He arranged for our connections and they went flawlessly. We had a great view of the city from our room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rich2k
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The Budavar couldn't be better placed with a view of the Parliament building and in a quiet street.
Arrived mid day but Viktor was round in a flash and couldn't be more helpful. Yes, decor is fairly basic but everything is spotlessly clean and a good breakfast is included. Just beware they only accept cash - no cards.

Room Tip: For a good view of Parliament you need the second or top floor, but they are not en suite or have ba...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jimmibean
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The location is close to all you would want to see in Buda, but away from the tourist hordes. Staff were lovely. The only qualification is that the decor is a little tired and pretty unimaginative for the price, but location, location, location!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple