“Something different”

Cuisines: Diner, Hungarian, Contemporary, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Olimpia is a small restaurant with not many seats, but it offers a special culinary experience for a really great price (lunch menu). If you want to try something different, then this is the place to visit!

2  Thank jozi007

Reviewed 28 April 2014

...for those of you searching for a special culinary experience like no other, look no further than Olimpia!

1  Thank Ches C
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A special culinary experience where you want to take a photo of each meal.
I was waiting to get to to this restaurant for quite some time and then there was a reason to celebrate and we went for dinner.
No a la carte but fixed menu where you can select the number of dishes you want to take. I liked this surprise thing that they maintain throughout the dinner. You know the main ingredient as that is on the board, e.g. Dear, pork etc. We took the 8 course menu, which is 11 in reality but i did not feel sick as in some places after 2-3 courses.
Book in advance. Arrive for Dinner at 7 and expect to finish around 10pm.
Cosy place for approx 20 guests. Fortunatetly the 2 neighbouring tables were free as otherwise it would have been cramped.
The service was kind, professional and not too much.
It was a special culinary experience for us. The texture, colors, arrangement and combination of ingredients is special. The taste was also great but that is not the main thing I will remember, there was no dish where I thought this is just incredible.
At the end I had the opportunity to ask my technical questions to the chef Mr. Csaba Adam and he was happy to answer e.g. How they make cabbage sushi.
With the full menu and 5 glasses of wine plus tip we paid 30.000 HUF for 2 persons.

2  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 14 March 2014

If you will ever visit Budapest, you have to try this perfect restaurant next to the City Park (Liget) and Heroes' Square. I've been here more than hundred times and I couldn't recommend better place like this. I prefer the lunch menu because it's always worth the price!!!! The old grumpy waiter belongs to Olimpia. The Chef and the other ones are absolutely brilliant!

1  Thank zsemle111
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Olimpia Etterem was a huge dissapointment. There was older waiter who was very aggressive. He tried to get us buy some drinks and almoust flared up when we didn't buy those - we just wanted to enjoy the food (which turned out to be mediocre). It wasn't fine dining, not at all! I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

3  Thank Saara K