“Excellent hostel in a nice location”
Review of Home Plus Hostel

Home Plus Hostel
Ranked #138 of 673 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Homeplus Hostel is a cute, nice hostel, where I stayed for one night. Its location is the best you can get in Budapest. It is close to the Hungarian Parliament, and Margit Sziged, and you are basically in the center.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I just came back from a fantastic stay at this hostel, having gone two summers ago too. Me and three friends spent four nights here while in Budapest and I have to say it is very welcoming and pleasant.

The owner, Andrew, will make you feel at home and show you all the great places to visit such as cafes, restaurants, clubs and spas, and even the prime spots to see beautiful Hungarian girls! He's got a great sense of humour and helped us with any queries we had about the city.

The hostel is located near the Parliament on the Pest side of the city, so you're just a small walk away from most of the things to see and right beside a tram stop. There are some good pastry shops less than 5 mins away for grabbing breakfast, a McD's down the street for when you're hungover, and plenty of newsagents nearby for drinks & snacks.

If you're considering a visit to Budapest - do it. It's a beautiful city with a rich culture, interesting history, tasty food and gorgeous girls (the receptionist is breathtaking)! Go to HomePlus and you'll enjoy the city at its best, both of my stays have been excellent :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The hostel is great! There's a lot of room (usually hostels are tons of bunk beds crapped into a small room), but this hostel has individual non-bunk beds if you're in the 5 or 4 bed rooms with lots of space around the bed to put your stuff and generally not feel so crowded. The guy who owns the hostels (Andrew) is really nice and super, super helpful! He booked everything for us while we were there and I had a head cold during our visit so he asked several times if I needed medication or to go to a doctor (way nicer than the usual people looking after a hostel!). The entire place was clean and very well furnished with a really comfortable common room. I definitely recommend it! However, two things to note - the hostel is hard to find (it's inside a larger building, but it's not marked well on the front so the first time you go there, you need to look very carefully at the building numbers). Also, there isn't 24 hour reception, which is fine but you need to remember the entry code.

Room Tip: Ask to have a non-bunk bed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank debo345
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed there for three nights, Andrew the owner was top notch giving us all the help we needed to explore this beautiful city. Looking forward to staying there again nxt yr.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

All I can say is a big thank you to Andrew for looking after us this weekend. Not only did he put up with a stag party of 9 (Who I'd like to think were all relatively well behaved!) but he also couldn't have been more helpful in telling us what to see and do and getting us the best prices too. I think he nearly had a heart attack when we told him how much we paid for the taxi in! Then arranged for it to be much cheaper on the way out.

This service alone would have been enough for a top review however it was the way he looked after two of the party when they lost a wallet and phone. Helping them with the formalities of reporting it to the police.

The hostel itself is in a lovely location near to the Parliament and the Danube. With places to eat near by. It's also right by the tram. I would seriously consider coming back here with my wife to be for a less hectic weekend! :-)

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I couldnt search where to go, what to eat, how to go ect before I visited Budapest. But Andrew(owner) helped us, gave us all info. All about Budapest. I felt I was at home. Their hospitality was good like Turkish. They were really friendly. I slept well at night in mix dorm room because beds are not close to each other like other hostels. It is my best hostel in my Erasmus time.

Room Tip: Rooms away from bathroom. You know, you can hear some noise at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank aky1990
Reviewed 5 January 2012

HomePlus is situated in a very central location and extremely easy to locate using the metro/tram or just a 10 minute walk from the main train station. The hostel, nestled within a secure & affluent residential building, really does have a homely vibe, the beds are cosy, the rooms are extremely spacious and ultra clean, there's plenty of showers/toilets and a kitchenette. There is a cosy little lounge rooms with TV and internet access, plus free WIFI. There's backpack sized lockers in dorms, BYO padlock. Truely a home away from home, STAY HERE.

Room Tip: I stayed in the ultra spacious with high ceilings 9 bed dorm and it was an amazing room full of colo...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo