“The Name sais it all...”
Review of Home Plus Hostel

Home Plus Hostel
Ranked #127 of 670 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed 23 June 2014

There is no better way to get to know your hostel mates and feel at home than a free Hungarian dinner in the hostel including a home distilled sligovica, served by really friendly staff.

All the rest (place next to danube river & tram stop, rooms, beds, bathrooms etc... ) is fine also, but I cannot remember having such a nice free dinner together with the staff and hostel mates in any other hostel. (Don't get me wrong: don't expect a five star cuisine, rather a big pot of soup - but hey, the atmosphere is really welcoming and makes you feel at home.

Definitely recommendable!

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on one of the nights when they make free dinner.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Viktor N, Tulajdonos at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello,

thanks for the feedback! We love these dinners too, so nice to meet you guys, and thanks for helping in creating this fantastic vibe : )

See you soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

1. The location of the hostel is strategic: it is right beside tram lines connecting you to all major attractions and only 2 stops away from metro lines (via tram). You can't be staying in a more convenient location! Although the entrance may not be too obvious at first glance, it becomes very easy to navigate after one try.

2. Friendly staff, great facilities!
The rooms were clean and welcoming, and the kitchen and dining is hygienic and homely. Free dinners on certain days let you save some extra money for souvenirs and tours, and it lets you try authentic, home cook Hungarian cuisine! Ask the people for food recommendation and even local recipes to replicate their delicious and simple cuisine back home!

3. Pleasant stay overall thanks to a lovely atmosphere, and the common room with a tv broadcasting FIFA helps bond travelers together and liven up the atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hey there,

thank you! We're going to make a bigger sign on our door! It's been great having you here : )

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed in the Home Plus Hostel for four nights last week, I can honestly say it is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in; all down to the people I met in the hostel and staff!
The staff were all amazing, they couldn't do enough in terms of making our stay perfect by giving us info about the city - a big shout out to Rosa who showed us some unusual drinking spots around Budapest!
There were two great chilling out rooms in the hostel, and the free breakfast and Hungarian dinner were both great touches, as well as the hostel being in a great location, easy to find; just watch out for the rip off taxi drivers!
If I go back to Budapest I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else! I cannot recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: I stayed in the 6 bed, which was fine, although the bigger rooms have better storage I think
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jack1988360
Viktor N, Manager at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hey, thanks : ) We're happy you've had such a good time here! If you have a chance, visit us during summertime too, when our beautiful city is even more lively! : )

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was only there for a night as my preferred hostel was booked but it was a nice little hostel and had a real homey feel.

I did get lost for 2 hours trying to find it in the dark though. I walked passed the door probably 10 times but couldn't see any signage or proper door numbers except for when I eventually spotted a tiny little poster with a picture of a house and a + sign in the middle. As a female alone at night carrying 20kg of luggage it was rather frustrating.

However my short stay was pleasant enough and the service was efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hello, thanks for the feedback! We try to give the directions to our hostel as clear as possible, we'll be working on improving it some more! We're glad you've dropped by, hope to see you another time : )

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The city is awesome and the hostel is really great! Very nice and efficient staff, a good atmosphere, great pub crawl, delicious dinner with palinka (the local drink), there is nothing to complain about! The hostel offer many facilities as break fast, wifi, hair dryer, towels, a common room where you get to know cool people from all over!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hey, thanks for the kind words : ) We're keeping up the good vibe here! Hope to hang out with you in our common area again soon : )

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have nothing negative to say!! Clean, friendly staff, free dinners, and I met some amazing people.... Was so sad to leave!! If you're traveling alone this is the perfect place to meet people, you won't feel lonely ever

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Viktor N, Manager at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hey, Thanks : ) It was very nice to have you here! Hope to see you soon! : )

Reviewed 8 May 2014

During my stay at HomePlus I can't think of one bad experience other than having to leave. From start to finish all the staff and volunteers were extremely helpful and attentive to our needs. They helped us plan days out and gave us the best routes on local transport. The hostel itself was clean and the beds more than comfy. They didn't creek at all which was nice as I was on the top bunk! We were provided with breakfast everyday and dinner three times a week! Couldn't believe all this was included considering how cheap it was. Overall I had a brilliant trip to Budapest and it has made me want travel! I now know where I'll be staying whilst in Budapest next time. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JamesStainsby
Viktor N, Owner at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hey James!

Thanks a lot for the kind words and hope to see you soon :)

Viktor