“Best staff in Europe!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 649 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Best staff in Europe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Homeplus was the last hostel I stayed in on my trip across Europe and I'm glad to say that I finished on a high! Initial difficulties with finding the hostel were soon forgotten after the warm and relaxed (yet professional) welcome I received from the staff upon arrival.

Went on a great pub-crawl through Budapest with the hostel and met some really cool people, although it was also possible to meet other hostel guests without taking in the night life due to the openness of the common area (they even provide a communal guitar!).

On my last day, I had to pack up my bicycle for my flight home - I had dreaded this, but needn't have worried as the hostel manager took full charge of the situation and organised full and affordable transport for my bicycle to the airport, as well as sourcing all the packaging material.
Left me feeling very positive about the whole experience - a must go spot!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hey there,

it was nice to have you here! Good to hear that the transport went well, we were happy to help you sorting this out! : ) Hope to see you another time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed with a couple of friends for a long weekend in HomePlus. I can honestly say that this hostel has the most welcoming environment I have ever stayed at. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and it is amazing that they join the guests for the pubcrawls - which I recommend for everyone, so much fun!! The hostel is clean, the kitchen is small, but it is stuffed with spices and basic cooking ingredients for the guests to use. There are free dinners also included in the price, a plus that I hardly experienced anywhere else, the food is heartwarming, and it creates a great vibe to meet other travellers! It is an extra, that it is made by the lovely manager of the hostel :)
I can highly recommend to spend at least a couple of days in this wonderful place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hey Geena,

Cheers! It was a pleasure hosting you! Thanks for helping with dinner preparations : ) Hope to see you again during the festival season!
Kilkenny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've traveled a good bit around Europe and stayed in many, many hostels, never really felt the need to write a review until now. Homeplus is a seriously top notch hostel. I originally booked for 2 nights but extended my stay to a week. From the moment I arrived the name made sense..I felt right at home . It's a cosy, friendly place..very chilled out....the staff are brilliant, always there to help....free breakfast everyday (which is actually quite tasty:) and free Hungarian dinners 3 times a week (with a complimentary shot of Palinka!!)....The location is really good too, close to the railway station and right beside the Danube....What else can I say, if you are coming to Budapest STAY HERE!...you'll have a blast:)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank foodie1800
Hey Chris,

thanks for the nice words! We're happy to hear such nice things of our beloved HomePlus : ) You're always welcome here!
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights at HomePLus, it is a very nice little hostel, close to the Centre easily accessible by tram. Staff was really friendly always available and the hostel itself is really well-organised with a colorful common room where we met other travellers and had fun togheter.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ciao Matteo!

Thanks for the nice feedback : ) Hope to see you soon!
Aachen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

There is no better way to get to know your hostel mates and feel at home than a free Hungarian dinner in the hostel including a home distilled sligovica, served by really friendly staff.

All the rest (place next to danube river & tram stop, rooms, beds, bathrooms etc... ) is fine also, but I cannot remember having such a nice free dinner together with the staff and hostel mates in any other hostel. (Don't get me wrong: don't expect a five star cuisine, rather a big pot of soup - but hey, the atmosphere is really welcoming and makes you feel at home.

Definitely recommendable!

Room Tip: Make sure you stay on one of the nights when they make free dinner.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Hello,

thanks for the feedback! We love these dinners too, so nice to meet you guys, and thanks for helping in creating this fantastic vibe : )

See you soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

1. The location of the hostel is strategic: it is right beside tram lines connecting you to all major attractions and only 2 stops away from metro lines (via tram). You can't be staying in a more convenient location! Although the entrance may not be too obvious at first glance, it becomes very easy to navigate after one try.

2. Friendly staff, great facilities!
The rooms were clean and welcoming, and the kitchen and dining is hygienic and homely. Free dinners on certain days let you save some extra money for souvenirs and tours, and it lets you try authentic, home cook Hungarian cuisine! Ask the people for food recommendation and even local recipes to replicate their delicious and simple cuisine back home!

3. Pleasant stay overall thanks to a lovely atmosphere, and the common room with a tv broadcasting FIFA helps bond travelers together and liven up the atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hey there,

thank you! We're going to make a bigger sign on our door! It's been great having you here : )
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed in the Home Plus Hostel for four nights last week, I can honestly say it is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in; all down to the people I met in the hostel and staff!
The staff were all amazing, they couldn't do enough in terms of making our stay perfect by giving us info about the city - a big shout out to Rosa who showed us some unusual drinking spots around Budapest!
There were two great chilling out rooms in the hostel, and the free breakfast and Hungarian dinner were both great touches, as well as the hostel being in a great location, easy to find; just watch out for the rip off taxi drivers!
If I go back to Budapest I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else! I cannot recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: I stayed in the 6 bed, which was fine, although the bigger rooms have better storage I think
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jack1988360
Viktor N, Manager at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Hey, thanks : ) We're happy you've had such a good time here! If you have a chance, visit us during summertime too, when our beautiful city is even more lively! : )