First, let me say, that I liked staying here and would do so again- Greg via email and Judit upon arrival were very helpful. As per another reviewer, she arranged a taxi for us leaving as well. Have them do this- you will save a lot of money. Both provided a lot of useful information and answered all of our many questions. It is in a great location- very walkable and close to the subway (the blue line is just a few blocks away) and the bus (# 26) stops directly across the street. The river is two blocks east and you will find a bakery and a grocery store nearly at your door.
With this private apartment, you have local neighbors and feel much more authentic rather than finding a room at a chain hotel. Also, they provide a couple fans, but there is no AC, so open the windows from a nice breeze. However, keep in mind you are going by address only to find it. There is no sign with the name to help assure you have found the right place, so i hope this helps:
You enter the apartment from a courtyard after passing through two security code required doors. From the sidewalk, the security keypad is on the wall to the right of the door, which is under a balcony. If you reach the bonsai tree shack (heading toward the river) you have gone too far. Luckily , a very nice gentleman let us in and helped us make a phone call to get our bearings.
I took away a star however, for a few minor concerns:
- as explained above, it is unassuming and not so easy know you are in the correct place
- the wood floors, you should know ahead of time, are very noisy
- in the bathroom, the shower head is handheld (not a fan) and does not stay up on the bar, so you literally have to hold it to use it
Overall, a great experience. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cosy guesthouse with private units. Friendly atmosphere in the heart of downtown, closed to renewed Margaret bridge, Pest side. Convenient location, excellent accessibility. Carefully designed to be a truly home-to-home accommodation, where you can easily relax after sightseeing, and sleep well respecting the extra quiet sorrounding. Peaceful courtyard with plants and flowers, you will feel incubated from the hustle and bustle of the city life.Free broadband wifi internet, laptop, cable are provided by default in all units.All apartments have been refurbished recent years 2010/11, quality interior design, furnished according to high level of standards with care to give every comfort of a home. Family friendly environment. Baby-cot, baby-chair, toys for kids are available on request (for free). Highest level of hygiene and cleanness on every check in.Most sights are within a short walking distance. Few minutes to the Parliament, the Nyugati Railway Station or the beautiful parks of Margaret Island. Buda Castle or Heroes Squar can be reached easily and quickly by public transportation. The Danube, the Comedy Theatre are only a minute away. Lot of restaurants, cafes and pubs, shops can be found in the neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Green Dream Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Dream Apartment Hotel Budapest