Maverick Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationferenciek tere metro stationfree tea and coffeebeautiful old buildingown bathroombed dormshared kitchencommon roomgreat facilitiesmetro stopelizabeth bridgethe rivermain sightsfree wifiwalking distanceenjoyed my staywould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved the hostel, staff were very friendly and helpful, they recommended really nice restaurants and places to go, the room was lovely and nice, was warm, clean and safe. Really close to the metro, shops and restaurants. Free calls so i was able to ring home whenever i wanted and free wifi too! I loved that the hostel was the big lewbowski themed too aha, Budapest was lovely, ill definitely be coming back, and staying at the maverick hostel again!! Thank you for a lovely break :)

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Amy Laura E
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Loved staying at Mavericks! Location was excellent, right next door to the metro :) Rooms were lovely and spacious. Staff were always friendly and helpful, cannot fault it :) Would love to return! Thanks for the excellent holiday guys :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I got scammed in Budapest and I had to pay a huge price for just 3 drinks. I did not have enough cash and my card did not work so I went back to the hostel, Maverick Hostel. The staff there were incredibly friendly and helpful. They helped me talk to the waiter that went back to the hostel with me and eventually expelled him from the place. Actually I can escape from the scam but I was too afraid that I would be caught at the airport so I withdrew cash and went back to pay.

The thing is, I was so afraid to go back alone. So there's one staff who is called Attila, a very young and strong guy, accompanied me all the way to the currency exchange and the pub to settle the trouble. I was travelling alone at that time. I would be scared the crap out of me if I had to go back alone cuz the scammers were horrible and I did not know what they would do to me if I went back alone. So I really wanna give me strongest and heartfelt recommendation to him and the hostel. He is the best hostel staff ever, the treasure of the hostel!

I had a couple trouble there in Budapest and everytime I really wanna go back to the hostel cuz it really felt like home and I felt like there would be someone helping me out there.

Besides, the location, facilities, safety and cleanliness were perfect there!

Thumbs up for Attila and Maverick Hostel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Clean and nice new furniture and fair price for what you get no atmosphere almost empty but very central and helpful staff very near the chain bridge actually free coffee and tea and free calling to many places

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Maverick_Hostel, Manager at Maverick Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

It's great to hear that you were satisfied with our location and facilities.We are said that we couldn't host you on our regular social events on Wednesdays and Saturdays, where we offer free wine and spirit tasting to our guests.We also think about making these events more frequently.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed with a friend un the 6 bedroom from 23rd till 26 th very central helpfull people , really clean and very central so excellent place for and excellent price .... Also you have the option of pub crawl shuttle bus to airport... Just great

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends