“very good”
Review of Maverick Hostel

Maverick Hostel
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed for one night on a private room/bathroom. Great value deal. The room was a little bit small, but clean bathroom and bed. The staff was nice. Nothing wrong at all. Good price, excellent location!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hostel has so much going for it - friendly staff, huge rooms, great facilities, perfect location, and very clean. I stayed in the 10 bed dorm and for the most part I slept great - the room is huge. Close to the metro and the big sites.

The only complant I had was that the internet didn't work on the 2nd floor for pretty much the entire stay, which was slightly inconvenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hostel is extremely well run, clean, comfortable, offering an excellent location by the river and most historical sites and walking zones. There is a kitchen and fridge, coffee and tea whenever you want; a grocery store seconds away. We had a private room with ensuite bathroom and were very comfy. Even though our windows faced out to a busy street we were able to leave the windows open and not be disturbed by the traffic. They have thought of everything including Wi-Fi and computers if you don't have your own. Staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The Maverick Hostel is a definite repeat next time we're in Budapest.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meg T
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great location, great value for money, friendly and hard-working staff, well maintained.
Initially myself and friend booked into a 5 bed dorm but they put us in a 3 bed dorm and nobody ever arrived to the 3rd bed so we basically had a private ensuite room :) . Free tea and coffee for all guests. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank D123L
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was only my second time ever staying in a hostel, and it was far better than the first! The location is excellent, perfect for a tourist wanting to see the historic areas of Budapest. Public transportation is very close and convenient. I booked a private double with ensuing bathroom which was wonderful-bed fairly comfortable, nice shower, my room even had a futon in it to sit on. The hostel offers many amenities that hotels do not! But the thing that makes Maverick awesome is the staff-thank you again Thomas, Atila, and Erika, I really enjoyed hanging out with you and you did everything in your power to make my stay a great one and I soo appreciate that as a solo traveler!! I have told my daughter all about you all and we hope to come back to Budapest together and will definitely stay with you!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rdh_1_kar
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Clean, its comfortable, the bathroom was huge and the room itself was so spacious and with a huge window. I booked a private triple room, it was only 8 Euros or so extra a night, but it was worth the small extra charge! There were 3 of us and we all thought it was exceptional. Metro is right outside the building. recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Budapest!

Room Tip: If you like your privacy, spend the extra few euros for the private rooms, its worth it! I heard the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Love the Maverick Hostel - perfect for a family of 4 with two teens! Like any good OS the Maverick excels in ease to use and efficient organization. The Maverick is immaculate, well run, and in a perfect location! Special Mention goes to the staff - they are Phenomenal! Friendly, knowledgeable, hard working - a great staff that took great care of us.We stayed in Room Walter - oh did I forget to mention the Maverick's theme is the Big Lewbowski - strange yes, but a perfect cultural fit for us! Good room size for family of four. We were on the first floor so there was some street noise but we were so beat at the end of the day sleeping was not an issue. I highly recommend the Maverick - the Dude Abides!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family