“Good value”

The Three Corners Hotel Bristol
Ranked #81 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed here for a holiday in June. Good things: great value and can't fault the concierge staff. Friendly, obliging and professional. I wanted a coffee tea set in the rooms - which was swiftly provided. Bed was small and squishy but comfortable. Good sleep and despite construction being done right opposite the hotel, can't hear a thing. The included breakfast was good: not very expansive, but enough for me. I wanted scrambled eggs and pastries. Got them! Couldn't figure out how to work the toaster though (well basically, I thought it was working but since my toast wasn't actually toasted at the end of 5 minutes, figured I did something wrong or it's just not a good toaster). Free wifi with good speed - which is excellent for me. It is about 5-10 minutes walk to the Keleti train station so it was convenient for us when we wanted to go to Vienna in the wee hours of the morning. Also about a 10-15 minutes walk to the metro station (Blaha Lujza ter) to town. Lots of supermarkets around, though not many restaurants or cafes unless you walk down to the metro. My sister likes to munch on tidbits, so easy to nip in the supermarket to get snacks. I struggled a bit without a nearby cafe that can give me my espresso and danish. The New York Cafe is 15 minutes walk away though, which is a great plus.
Things that could be improved: Housekeeping is iffy. Although the bed is made - they don't change the toiletries very often. Am not quite sure whether the towels are changed or not, as some were damp. I actually like recycling towels, but as one of them is used for the floor - am never sure whether it's the floor towel or the face towel on the railing. Well, sometimes it's on the rails, sometimes it's on the shelf - not very consistent, so confusing. Our shower was also leaking water all over the floor, which is annoying. The location is not the best ever. A bit dodgy, to be honest.
I did like my stay as the whole point of being on holiday is seeing stuff, not lounging in your hotel all the time. Plus, I definitely wanted wifi and the concierge staff is excellent. However, since I wished I was staying at the hotels I was passing by instead of the one I' staying, probably not a good sign. So, basically a B&B: adequate for sleep and a bit of breakfast before you continue on your day. However, if I would do it again, I would probably choose a hotel nearer to the metro, which is also near to the main street, and were available for about the same price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RainSim
bristolbudapest, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear "RainSim",

First of all let me thank you for taking your time to leave your review about your recent stay. Comments like yours are very important for us since as per the feedbacks of our guest we can improve the level of our services.
Some weeks ago we bought a new toaster, so that is working well. That is turned on continuously.
The New York Cafe is not in the immediate neighborhood, but the quests can drink coffee in our Bar too. We offer a fine and good quality coffee.
Our housekeeping is working so hard. As you know we have already won so many awards. One of them is the "very clean hotel" award.
If you drop your towels the the ground, we change them every day.
We had some technical problem with your shower, but we have already repaired it.

I would like to thank you your review again.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Pristine hotel, fantastic, friendly staff, great breakfast. The only negative is the location. While it is close to the Kelaty train station, it's a longish walk down an unpleasant street in order to get to the heart of the city. That being said, the hotel is great and the staff bent over backwards to be of assistance. Nearby is a great restaurant, Rosenteins...

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gabrielphiladelphia
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear GabrielpPhiladelphia,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with other travellers. I am so glad that you liked our charming hotel, our friendly staff and our great breakfast.
I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with our location. Our hotel is located next to the central artery of Budapest, close to the East Railway Station. The heart of the city can be acessed by a few-minute walk.
Rosentstein is one of the best restaurant in our neighborhood.
I sincerelly hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We did'nt choose this hotel, we were transferred there as our booked hotel was unavailable. It is very convenient for the buses and the metro and there are enough local bars and restaurants to choose fro. If you are feeling fit you can even walk into the centre of Pest. It is a small hotel that only does B&B but there is a small bar. The reception staff all spoke good English and were exceptionally helpful. The breakfast area is cramped (don't go at 8.45 am) but the food choice is good and the standard of coffee, albeit from a machine was very good. We seem to have been given one of the better rooms at the top of the hotel. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable, air conditioned with an excellent shower but the soap from the dispensers was poor.

Room Tip: Probably better at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CouplefromManchester
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear "CouplefromManchester",

Thank you for your helpful review. I am glad that finally you stayed in our charming hotel.
We also like to thank you for the regarding words about our location, breakfast, excellent shower and our helpful staff. Our soap is 2in1 with natural PH and clean scent. I am really sorry that you were not satisfied with it.
I am truly happy that we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Arend B
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Bristol at the end of a 3 week cycling trip. We cycled into Budapest in temperatures of 34 degrees. It was just after noon when we arrived at the hotel and we were checked in right away. We were so happy to be able to cool down and shower before exploring the city. The receptionist helped us to take our bikes downstairs where they were safely stored.
The room was spacious, clean and bright. The hotel is quiet for the most part as it is off the main busy road. There was construction on the road just outside the hotel but even that wasn't too bad.
The hotel is about a 25 minute walk to the town centre or there are many buses that will take you there.
The breakfast is excellent with plenty of variety.
I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable and clean place to stay without spending a fortune. I hope to return next year to beautiful Budapest and I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank myrtlespokes
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear "myrtlespokes,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Hopefully we will able to see you back soon in our charming hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Great stay from start to finish. A bit of a walk (30 minutes) from the Centre of Pest and not in the best part of town.

The hotel room was comfortable and clean and the staff were very attentive.

Complimentary breakfast was a welcome surprise, but take your own Tea-bags!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah-in-Henley
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear "Sarah - in - Henley",

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay.
I am really pleasedt to read that you were satisfied with the hotel rooms and the staff.
We have different kinds of tea bags. I am so sorry that you did not find a right one.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Just returned from our 15 day trip round central and Eastern Europe beginning proceedings at the Hotel Bristol. I have to say that our stay at the Bristol could not have been better and started our holiday off in style.

We arrived early evening and were greeted by the friendly and smiling receptionist who quickly checked us in and showed us to our room. The room itself was perfectly sized, clean, modern and with a swish and spacious bathroom. The only downside as we quickly found out, was that the AC was not working! - we called reception and while we were out on they attempted to fix it. On our return from a fairly inebriated evening the receptionist explained that it could not be fixed however they speediy offered us a change to the room next door which of course did have functioning AC - a quick and satisfactory solution!!

The breakfast in the morning was in the main varied, plentiful and tasty with a variety of cold meats, cheeses, breads and some hot items. The usual cold drinks and coffees were also on offer.

The most impressive feature of the hotel were its staff, all of whom were upbeat, pleasant and always willing to offer advice or assistance. The staff here are a credit to the hotel and the management should be very proud of who they have working for them. In fact we found people in Budapest to be very friendly and warm with nothing ever too much trouble.

The hotel is located slightly out of the centre but thank to Budapests excellent transport network you can be in the heart of the action in 10 minutes. We specifically chose this hotel for it's location near to Keleti station as we were moving on by train from here to Bratislava. Keleti is an easy 10 minute walk even when laden with heavy luggage.

We fell in love with Budapest and its mix of Grandeaur, quirkiness, a little grit when needed and stunning architecture. The city may not be packed with huge amounts of tourist sites but this adds to its charm as you can discover little backed streets full of interetsing features and unsual buildings.

Budapest is very friendly on the pocket with transport, food and drink all some way cheaper than the UK. Some excellent nightlife too and I must recommend the 'Ruin' Bars which are scattered around the city, these are like nothing i've ever seen before and are like a combination of beer garden and junk shop with random furninshings and funky seating arrangements all over the place. A good place to start would be Szimpla Kert the most famous of all the ruin bars, absolutely loved the place!

All in all a very enjoyable stay in a wonderful hotel. Would not choose anywhere else if i was ever lucky enough to visit Budapest again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jimbojetset
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear "jimbojetset",

First of all let me thank you for taking your time to leave a positive review about your recent stay.
I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with our hotel, staff and with our beautiful capital.
I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Boutique Hotel Bristol**** soon.