“Great service, location and value”

The Three Corners Hotel Bristol
Ranked #81 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I travelled together with 6 of my friends in Budapest with so much expectations and I could gladly say that our stay at the Boutique Hotel Bristol exceeded our expectations. Modern, clean and comfortable hotel. The hotel Staff speaks great English, special mention to Mr. Boulasj who patiently answered all our questions and queries re. directions and other matters. Bathroom is also equipped perfectly with a shower, hairdryer, and even a make-up mirror! I shared a room with a lady friend with 2 single beds and found the room so spacious and ample place to arrange our luggages in each corner of the rooms. A great plus that we were placed in the south end of the corridor where it is quiet and no traffic sounds at all! Budapest is a great city where you could combine a lovely city tour and fine dining and shopping! We also had a great hotel taxi service ( ask for Steven) who is very friendly and enthusiastic in helping us in our luggages. I will surely stay again at Hotel Bristol whenever I get the chance to travel again in Budapest!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank octotrip
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear "octotrip"

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Boutique Hotel Bristol****. I am glad to note that you had a great stay here. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you during your next visit to Budapest!
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 September 2012

This was a short, 2 nights trip. Everything in the Hotel was good. We've got room with bathroom where was a bath. The breakfasts should be more fresh. Chips was not good. But overall impression is very good. Great reception personel, very helpfull. You can also buy there Budapest travel card with discount to any attractions. It's close to the metro station, about 300 meters. Many shops and pubs on the street on the corner. Clima is working even if you aren't in the room (if you want).

Room Tip: our choice was a good to sleep room with bath. It was not from the street side. Only rooms with bath...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear "lubiepodroze_eu"

First of all let me thank you for taking your time to leave a review about your recent stay.
We also would like to thank you for the regarding words about our great staff, location and very good impression.
Comments like yours, are very important for us. We always improve the quality and change our breakfast choices.
I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Sounds like a common theme, always with an excuse relating to someone I'll needing to stay on! For us it was someone whose husband had a broken leg. They did however arrange a room at a Royal Park, they booked us a taxi and gave us a beer. Still an inconvenience and am dubious regarding the truth behind the lack of availability!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneandJane
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear "JaneandJane",

thank you for sharing your review.

I am really sorry that you could not use our services.
I apologize that du to the unpleasant happenings you had to stay in another hotel.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you in our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here recently for five nights. Good location and an easy walk to everything. Staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good and a good start to the day. Although in a quieter area I felt very safe as a woman travelling alone. The room was very clean and bright. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Clare T
bristolbudapest, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear "Clear T".

Having read your words I am getting very pleased. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay in Boutique Hotel Bristol****.
Thank you for highlighting our wide range of breakfast selection, helpful and friendly staff, and the good location.
Cleanless is one of the most important thing in our hotel.
I sincerely hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We got a special deal on our rooms so the price was very cheap. Comfortable bed in a good area of town not far from an area full of cool bars and restaurants. The breakfast was basic but good, although it would be nicer if they had proper fruit juice instead of chemical tasting cordial.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank m00kin

Dear "m00kin",

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
I am really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
The proper fruit juice is a very goog idea, thank you!
I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed here for a holiday in June. Good things: great value and can't fault the concierge staff. Friendly, obliging and professional. I wanted a coffee tea set in the rooms - which was swiftly provided. Bed was small and squishy but comfortable. Good sleep and despite construction being done right opposite the hotel, can't hear a thing. The included breakfast was good: not very expansive, but enough for me. I wanted scrambled eggs and pastries. Got them! Couldn't figure out how to work the toaster though (well basically, I thought it was working but since my toast wasn't actually toasted at the end of 5 minutes, figured I did something wrong or it's just not a good toaster). Free wifi with good speed - which is excellent for me. It is about 5-10 minutes walk to the Keleti train station so it was convenient for us when we wanted to go to Vienna in the wee hours of the morning. Also about a 10-15 minutes walk to the metro station (Blaha Lujza ter) to town. Lots of supermarkets around, though not many restaurants or cafes unless you walk down to the metro. My sister likes to munch on tidbits, so easy to nip in the supermarket to get snacks. I struggled a bit without a nearby cafe that can give me my espresso and danish. The New York Cafe is 15 minutes walk away though, which is a great plus.
Things that could be improved: Housekeeping is iffy. Although the bed is made - they don't change the toiletries very often. Am not quite sure whether the towels are changed or not, as some were damp. I actually like recycling towels, but as one of them is used for the floor - am never sure whether it's the floor towel or the face towel on the railing. Well, sometimes it's on the rails, sometimes it's on the shelf - not very consistent, so confusing. Our shower was also leaking water all over the floor, which is annoying. The location is not the best ever. A bit dodgy, to be honest.
I did like my stay as the whole point of being on holiday is seeing stuff, not lounging in your hotel all the time. Plus, I definitely wanted wifi and the concierge staff is excellent. However, since I wished I was staying at the hotels I was passing by instead of the one I' staying, probably not a good sign. So, basically a B&B: adequate for sleep and a bit of breakfast before you continue on your day. However, if I would do it again, I would probably choose a hotel nearer to the metro, which is also near to the main street, and were available for about the same price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank RainSim
bristolbudapest, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear "RainSim",

First of all let me thank you for taking your time to leave your review about your recent stay. Comments like yours are very important for us since as per the feedbacks of our guest we can improve the level of our services.
Some weeks ago we bought a new toaster, so that is working well. That is turned on continuously.
The New York Cafe is not in the immediate neighborhood, but the quests can drink coffee in our Bar too. We offer a fine and good quality coffee.
Our housekeeping is working so hard. As you know we have already won so many awards. One of them is the "very clean hotel" award.
If you drop your towels the the ground, we change them every day.
We had some technical problem with your shower, but we have already repaired it.

I would like to thank you your review again.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Boutique Hotel Bristol****

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Pristine hotel, fantastic, friendly staff, great breakfast. The only negative is the location. While it is close to the Kelaty train station, it's a longish walk down an unpleasant street in order to get to the heart of the city. That being said, the hotel is great and the staff bent over backwards to be of assistance. Nearby is a great restaurant, Rosenteins...

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gabrielphiladelphia
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear GabrielpPhiladelphia,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with other travellers. I am so glad that you liked our charming hotel, our friendly staff and our great breakfast.
I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with our location. Our hotel is located next to the central artery of Budapest, close to the East Railway Station. The heart of the city can be acessed by a few-minute walk.
Rosentstein is one of the best restaurant in our neighborhood.
I sincerelly hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you back.