“Best Choice for a stay in Budapest”

The Three Corners Hotel Bristol
Ranked #78 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Budapest
“Best Choice for a stay in Budapest”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed for one night with a friend earlier this week, we had two very spacious rooms and my friend's room was even larger than mine! This Hotel has my highest recommendation, in every respect. Clean, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast with a good choice of hot and cold food. Extremely good, modern, bathrooms with hot, powerful shower - my friend also had a bath in his room. The soap/shampoo dispensers work well, which was something of a novelty as I hate these things - they are normally useless. Quiet at night and no disturbance. There is a spa in the basement, although we did not use it. Well deserves all its good reviews, and I would recommend the Hotel Bristol to any visitor.

About the location - I live in Hungary and I know Budapest very well. The Hotel is situated just off the Rakoczi main road which runs from the Elizabeth bridge to the Eastern railway station, and it is a very convenient address for all sightseeing. The nearest Metro is a short walk to the Eastern Stn and not much further to Blaha Luiza Metro, which intersects the central "ring" of main avenues around the inner city. Although it is in District VIII which has been rather run down for a long time, the edges of District VIII are rapidly being renovated and no-one need feel at all unsafe about the surrounding area. The Hotel has a list of recommended restaurants in the immediate area, and we were very pleased with the Huszar round the corner which served excellent food, charming service. The Bristol is also round the corner from the Erkel Opera House, which is Budapest's second opera house, it has been closed for renovations but opens again next year. When it does the Bristol will be the perfect location for attending performances there.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Csengery
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear "Csengery",

we would like to thank you for taking time on your Tripadvisor review. We gladly learned that we could contribute to making your Budapest trip to a perfect experience with our location, attentiveness of our staff, excellent breakfast.
I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Kind regards,

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Really helpful staff both at reception and breakfast - excellent choice at breakfast - great location with excellent links to metro,subarban rail and tour buses - very clean with good room size and modern bathroom.

• Stayed April 2012
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear "Jerry1919",

Thank you very much for your positive and kind review. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Kind regards,

Hod Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night.

Service:
Though I arrived long before the check-in time, the guy at the reception found me a room right away! My request for a late checkout was accommodated immediately, and I appreciated it greatly, as my schedule did not fit common check-in\out times very well.
Though staff were not "nice and smiling", they were definitely helpful and "correct" in their attitude.

Room:
The basic room is fairly large, clean and the decor is decent, and solid. The bathroom was new and had an almost-luxurious look and feel! However, I disliked the parquet flooring of the room, which caught a lot of marks from previous guests and thus appeared dirty. A subtle, strange odor in the room turned out to be probably certain cleaning agents with a scent not to my liking.

Food:
The breakfast was quite nice with a decent selection and surprising croissants (a key testing point for me, though don't expect the real thing). It is situated adjacent to the lobby, and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

Location and amenities:
The location itself is great, a short walking distance from the east train station (which is also a metro station). Wi-Fi was available in my room with good reception, and throughout the hotel as well.

Value and summary:
A very nice hotel with good "performance" across all categories, and the price was very fair (though Hungary is quite cheap compared to the rest of Europe).

Room Tip: Though my room was directly in front of the elevator, I did not hear any noise (from it or other roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Dear "DorAmram",

I am truly delighted to know that you were satisfied with our hotel and staff. Thank you for the kind words about our services. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Boutique Hotel Bristol**** soon.

Kindest regards,

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I travelled together with 6 of my friends in Budapest with so much expectations and I could gladly say that our stay at the Boutique Hotel Bristol exceeded our expectations. Modern, clean and comfortable hotel. The hotel Staff speaks great English, special mention to Mr. Boulasj who patiently answered all our questions and queries re. directions and other matters. Bathroom is also equipped perfectly with a shower, hairdryer, and even a make-up mirror! I shared a room with a lady friend with 2 single beds and found the room so spacious and ample place to arrange our luggages in each corner of the rooms. A great plus that we were placed in the south end of the corridor where it is quiet and no traffic sounds at all! Budapest is a great city where you could combine a lovely city tour and fine dining and shopping! We also had a great hotel taxi service ( ask for Steven) who is very friendly and enthusiastic in helping us in our luggages. I will surely stay again at Hotel Bristol whenever I get the chance to travel again in Budapest!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank octotrip
Dear "octotrip"

My sincerest thanks for your review of the Boutique Hotel Bristol****. I am glad to note that you had a great stay here. I look forward to the opportunity of serving you during your next visit to Budapest!
Kindest regards,

Plock, Poland
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This was a short, 2 nights trip. Everything in the Hotel was good. We've got room with bathroom where was a bath. The breakfasts should be more fresh. Chips was not good. But overall impression is very good. Great reception personel, very helpfull. You can also buy there Budapest travel card with discount to any attractions. It's close to the metro station, about 300 meters. Many shops and pubs on the street on the corner. Clima is working even if you aren't in the room (if you want).

Room Tip: our choice was a good to sleep room with bath. It was not from the street side. Only rooms with bath...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear "lubiepodroze_eu"

First of all let me thank you for taking your time to leave a review about your recent stay.
We also would like to thank you for the regarding words about our great staff, location and very good impression.
Comments like yours, are very important for us. We always improve the quality and change our breakfast choices.
I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel soon.

Kent
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Sounds like a common theme, always with an excuse relating to someone I'll needing to stay on! For us it was someone whose husband had a broken leg. They did however arrange a room at a Royal Park, they booked us a taxi and gave us a beer. Still an inconvenience and am dubious regarding the truth behind the lack of availability!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JaneandJane
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear "JaneandJane",

thank you for sharing your review.

I am really sorry that you could not use our services.
I apologize that du to the unpleasant happenings you had to stay in another hotel.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you in our hotel in the future.

London
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed here recently for five nights. Good location and an easy walk to everything. Staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good and a good start to the day. Although in a quieter area I felt very safe as a woman travelling alone. The room was very clean and bright. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Clare T
bristolbudapest, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear "Clear T".

Having read your words I am getting very pleased. I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay in Boutique Hotel Bristol****.
Thank you for highlighting our wide range of breakfast selection, helpful and friendly staff, and the good location.
Cleanless is one of the most important thing in our hotel.
I sincerely hope that we will have opportunity to welcome you back soon.