“Fantastic experience”

The Three Corners Hotel Bristol
Ranked #82 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I am very pleased with my stay at the Bristol hotel in Budapest. It's very conveniently located (just off the main street), the grocery shop is literally on the corner of the road, the tourist hop on- hop off bus stop is 3 minutes away, which makes getting out and about very easy. The most beautiful New York Cafe is about 10 mins walk, there is a great choice of shops and restaurants nearby.

The hotel itself is quite compact and beautifully done, starting with grand chandelier in the entrance hall, spacey conservatory bar/ breakfast room, finishing with bijou gym and sauna in the basement, the use of which is free, including complimentary towels, showers and lockers, which makes a pleasant change in a capitalist world where we are so used to pay for everything! The lift takes you directly to the basement, so you don't need to go via reception in order to get to the sauna and no need to worry that other people might see your red face after it!

The rooms are quite big and warm, the bathrooms are very modern and immaculate, there is a minibar as well. The beds are generously sized and very, very comfortable! Flat-screen TVs with the choice of channels in all major languages, including Russian! The windows are openable, which is fantastic if you get de-hydrated from the air-conditioning and want some fresh air! The curtains are good quality black-outs - perfect for a sleepy-head like me AND the breakfast is served till 11, which is a great bonus!

The breakfast deserves a special mentioning, as it really is lush, with a huge variety of drinks, meats, cheeses, fruit, veg, yoghurts, cereals, full English breakfast with 3 types of eggs and even goose liver pate! Decent coffee as well, which is a rarity nowadays!

The staff could not be better: all young, fit, polite, good-looking, perfect-English-speaking males, who would give you recommendations on dining (and even negotiating a free taxi ride to or from the restaurant for you), know everything about the local attractions and deliver a tea/ coffee set to your room upon request with a smile on their face!

The hotel also has a storage room for your luggage at no extra charge, which is superb if you are on a later flight.

Last, but not least, the hotel's bar has a "happy hour" (or 2 hours, to be precise), from 5 to 7p.m. when you pay for one drink and get the second free. EVERY DAY!!!

They also accept Euros everywhere we went in Budapest (including the hotel), which makes life easier.

Overall, my friends and I had a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody considering a trip to this beautiful Hungarian capital.

Room Tip: The end rooms are bigger than others.
3  Thank Oly-B
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear "Oly-B",

I was very happy to read your nice review. I was delighted to hear that your stay was really comfortable.

Many thanks for your post.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

We went on a budget trip with friends booked through Travelzoo . What a gem of a hotel . VERY pleasant and helpful staff . From the off they advised the green and pink hop on/ hop off buses which lasted 2 days and included 2 boat trips on the Danube as well and also included a book of vouchers with discounts/free beer or wine /free goulash soup plus more . cost of 2 day ticket was about £17-£18.On the last day they recommended Hero's square , also brilliant with castle etc.
As for the hotel , very clean and great breakfast . Also happy hour in bar between 5 and 7 pm.
Great 3 night break , and many thanks to all the staff at The Bristol.

3  Thank Barrie H
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear "Berrie H",

many thanks for your positive review. It was a pleasure for me to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Such nice reviews mean for me and our staff new motivation in serving our guests.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 10 November 2012

I have just returned from Budapest after spending three nights at this lovely unassuming hotel. We went on a budget offer including air fares through Travelzoo and were prepared for it to be a bit basic, but on these breaks the hotel is just to lay your head down, isn't it. How surprised we were to discover it appeared to have been recently refurbished. The rooms were neither large nor pokey and very comfortable. My only regret is that, like many hotels which have been upgraded to en-suite, there was no bath. To compensate however, the shower was superb and the "bathroom" quite roomy.

On these cheap deals in the past we have found the breakfast to be a bit spartan. Not so the Bristol; there was a great choice for both hot and cold breakfasts. Pity they don't do evening meals.

To cap it all, the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

It was a delight to stay there and we wouldn't hesitate touse it again.

1  Thank enjoywhileyoucan
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear "enjoywhileyoucan",

thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us! I'm happy to read you recognition words of our hotel's facilities,services and staff!
It is great that we managed to contribute to a memorable experience.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Boutique Hotel Bristol very soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed for one night. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was large, well appointed, comfortable and clean. Windows opened. Good buffet breakfast with plenty of choice. Although close to the station, the room at the back of the hotel was quiet. Booked wake-up call did not happen. Overall very pleased, would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back look onto a courtyard (no view) but are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ionablue
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Dear ”ionabue",

I would like to thank you for taking your time to post your excellent comment on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and would recommend Boutique Hotel Bristol**** for other travelers.
I am really sorry that your wake up call did not happen. We had a technical problem, but we have already repaird it.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Boutique Hotel Bristol**** soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stayed for one night with a friend earlier this week, we had two very spacious rooms and my friend's room was even larger than mine! This Hotel has my highest recommendation, in every respect. Clean, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast with a good choice of hot and cold food. Extremely good, modern, bathrooms with hot, powerful shower - my friend also had a bath in his room. The soap/shampoo dispensers work well, which was something of a novelty as I hate these things - they are normally useless. Quiet at night and no disturbance. There is a spa in the basement, although we did not use it. Well deserves all its good reviews, and I would recommend the Hotel Bristol to any visitor.

About the location - I live in Hungary and I know Budapest very well. The Hotel is situated just off the Rakoczi main road which runs from the Elizabeth bridge to the Eastern railway station, and it is a very convenient address for all sightseeing. The nearest Metro is a short walk to the Eastern Stn and not much further to Blaha Luiza Metro, which intersects the central "ring" of main avenues around the inner city. Although it is in District VIII which has been rather run down for a long time, the edges of District VIII are rapidly being renovated and no-one need feel at all unsafe about the surrounding area. The Hotel has a list of recommended restaurants in the immediate area, and we were very pleased with the Huszar round the corner which served excellent food, charming service. The Bristol is also round the corner from the Erkel Opera House, which is Budapest's second opera house, it has been closed for renovations but opens again next year. When it does the Bristol will be the perfect location for attending performances there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Csengery

Dear "Csengery",

we would like to thank you for taking time on your Tripadvisor review. We gladly learned that we could contribute to making your Budapest trip to a perfect experience with our location, attentiveness of our staff, excellent breakfast.
I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Really helpful staff both at reception and breakfast - excellent choice at breakfast - great location with excellent links to metro,subarban rail and tour buses - very clean with good room size and modern bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2012
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear "Jerry1919",

Thank you very much for your positive and kind review. I am really pleased to read that you have a great stay with us. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night.

Service:
Though I arrived long before the check-in time, the guy at the reception found me a room right away! My request for a late checkout was accommodated immediately, and I appreciated it greatly, as my schedule did not fit common check-in\out times very well.
Though staff were not "nice and smiling", they were definitely helpful and "correct" in their attitude.

Room:
The basic room is fairly large, clean and the decor is decent, and solid. The bathroom was new and had an almost-luxurious look and feel! However, I disliked the parquet flooring of the room, which caught a lot of marks from previous guests and thus appeared dirty. A subtle, strange odor in the room turned out to be probably certain cleaning agents with a scent not to my liking.

Food:
The breakfast was quite nice with a decent selection and surprising croissants (a key testing point for me, though don't expect the real thing). It is situated adjacent to the lobby, and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

Location and amenities:
The location itself is great, a short walking distance from the east train station (which is also a metro station). Wi-Fi was available in my room with good reception, and throughout the hotel as well.

Value and summary:
A very nice hotel with good "performance" across all categories, and the price was very fair (though Hungary is quite cheap compared to the rest of Europe).

Room Tip: Though my room was directly in front of the elevator, I did not hear any noise (from it or other roo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear "DorAmram",

I am truly delighted to know that you were satisfied with our hotel and staff. Thank you for the kind words about our services. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Boutique Hotel Bristol**** soon.

Kindest regards,