“Friendly and affordable luxury, fantastic hotel”

Marmara Hotel Budapest
Ranked #106 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed here for 6 nightsin march in the middle of a 3 week trip through Europe. This was my luxury hotel in between hostels and guest houses.

Check in was very friendly and efficient. You can get wifi, tv channels and movies in your room for 3700 HUF a day which I was happy to pay. Breakfast is from 7am to 10am Monday to Friday and extended by an hour at the weekend. There are hot and cold meets, scrambled and boiled eggs, lots of cheeses, croissants (3 types), buns, breads, spreads, cereals, fresh and dried fruits, coffee and diluted juice with fresh organge 3 euro extra. I walked a lot on my trip and breakfast saw me over very well until lunch time. They also do a 2 course lunch for 5 euros but I did not partake as I was always out. There is a bar too.

Wifi never dropped - not once.

I had a single special which was a double bed - large room, double wardrobe, two chests, 1 large desk with a chair and 1 table. The bathroom was large with a toilet, large basin and large shower stall. The shower was hot and powerful and complimentary body lotion, shampoo and body wash were provided. Towels were plentiful. Cleaning is fine and they leave you alone too if you want them to- just pop the do not disturb thing on your door.

There are 2 lifts and stairs and all areas bar the lobby are carpetted. There is a deck outside (no seats) for smokers (like me :-)

Staff are brilliant! They speak English well and are super friendly and helpful. Big up to the man who checked me out and patiently changed all my change for me and sorted an airport transfer out. It is close to shops in Pest, not far to work to Buda and City Park. I loved my stay, I would definitely come back - it was superb!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Jo P

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Perfect location for every thing, sight seeing, shops and bars. All within walking distance wear comfy boots though it is a big city to get round. The hotel was lovely very clean, nice rooms and bed, shower best yet. The staff were also very good. Could have been more choice at breakfast but for what we paid was good. We ate out at okay pizza so nice and cheap, best pizas,pastas and steak ever. The hungarian kitchens are also nice but dont have a starter they are massive portions. The cellar bars are great and so cheap, got 2 pints o larger and 2 pinocoladas and had change from equivalent of £5.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sally h
Reviewed 17 March 2013

new, clean, nice and welcome stuff, nice breakfast and close to Nyugaty train station.
i make a reservation every time i come to budapest. close to metro st, tram st, bus st.
take a room with atrium view so will be get even more quite.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a short trip. Excellent location, spotless rooms.. Comfortable. Modern facilities... Couldn't fault it!
Fabulous bathroom... My room was sold as a single... I was given a double ... What more can I say... Polite and. Helpful staff

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The breakfast was great, more of an American buffet style, but internet access was only in the lobby, not very convenient. Overall a great place to stay though. They may have the internet access fixed by now.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The staff of the Maramar hotel in Budapest are Superior. They were very friendly and helpful to our group of American tourists. There were 7 of us staying in Budapest together, so we needed 3 rooms here. The rooms are good sized rooms for European hotels, small by American Standards. The breakfast buffet was very good, nice variety of foods for our picky American pallettes. We were traveling with our 3 kids, two teens and one 11 year old and they all were filled each morning after breakfast.

The staff was simply amazing, friendly, available for help on any front we needed. Very nice hotel, my 11 year old even commented on how fancy the place was. Our 3 kids stayed in a room alone and we felt very comfortable with them being in a room by themselves, very safe environment here despite being located right in the middle of the city.

Close to all major attractions, and they even helped us with our transfer to the airport in the wee morning hours . Never saw anything but smiles and courteous help from the staff.

The only reason I would not give it 5 stars is because it was very warm the last day of our stay. We didn't know if it was the air conditioning broken or that it was just so hot the air conditioning wouldn't keep up with the heat. It was August and uncomfortably warm our last night, but also one of the only places in Eastern Europe that even offered air conditioning of any sort.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2013

A nice hotel to stay while in Budapest. It is very convenient to the city sights. It is in the Parliament area about two blocks down from the Margaret Bridge. The metro station is close by which was very easy to use. The West End shopping Mall is a short walk down through the underpass of the Metro Station. There is a buffet breakfast with hot and cold dishes. We were there for four nights but were only given one shower gel... should have asked for more but didnt bother, just bought our own.

If you want a reasonably priced hotel in Budapest I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends