“Great value”

Ranked #115 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Split, Croatia
“Great value”
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Before review I have to say I get this hotel on hrs.com 3 nights in double room with breakfast for only 98 euro (total). For that money I couldnt ask for more. Hotel is great, room is new, great bed, clean and modern bathroom, fast wi-fi, free parking, great and rich breakfast. the best thing is free wellness.After sightseeing you can relax in new and clean jacuzy on 12. floor with the view on Budapest. There is also free fitness.

Ok, hotel isnt on best location but with car you have 2 minutes to the nearest metro station (free parking) and you get to the center in 15 minutes. You have also a bus that takes you to the metro station.

Great hotel and best price.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CrazyCroat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 2 March 2010

for a new hotel, it lacks the basic modern technology such as voice mail for the room guests. I had to run down to the lobby each time i want to leave a message for my colleague who was not in her room.
sink drain was clogged on the day we checked in- phone did not work so i could not inform the hotel (did not want to wait for the very slow elevator and get down to the lobby to tell them because i was already V V tired.). it was repaired the next day after we told the receptionist.
heater- it did not work!! I set it at 26 and it stayed 21 all day, then i turned it up to 30- highest setting, then it went to 20! blanket was not thick enough for that temperature. When i brought it to the front desk's attention, all they said was- o, there's a lot of rooms that had heater problems! ??? so, that makes it ok???
Deliver problems- i left a bag of candy which i paid 11,000 for to be delivered to my friend's room at 706. She never got it. after 2 days of tracking it, it was delivered to someone else's room in 1012. Have no idea how 706 can end up in 1012??
convenient location for exhibition was about the only reason one would ever want to stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
UK
Reviewed 23 January 2010

I booked to stay here for 5 nights as I was attending an exhibition at the SYMA Centre. It is a nice hotel as it only opened about 6 months ago, and so everything is spotlessly clean and the rooms are modern, and quite large. To be honest, I don't think many people knew about it - I think there were about 6 other rooms taken during my stay, and I rarely saw another guest throughout the 5 nights I was there.

The real problem with the hotel is the location. I chose it as I thought it was close to SYMA, and I would be able to use public transport to get into the city centre. However, it is situated on a road which is not ideal for walking along as a lone female - quite quiet, lonely and probably about three quarters of a mile to the nearest Metro station. As a result I spent a fortune on taxis in order to get everywhere I wanted to go (including the SYMA Centre).

There were only a couple of small issues with regard to the actual hotel/service. The heating/AC system is a bit of mystery - I couldn't get it to warm up really, and it is quite noisy, so even if I had been able to make it work, I wouldn't have been able to sleep with it on. One night I actually slept with 2 duvets over me to try and stay warm! The other strange occurence was to do with the service - the reception staff are extremely helpful, they speak good English and will happily book taxis, but I had an odd conversation with another member of staff...I ordered room service most nights, as there are NO restaurants close by. All went well until night 3 when the member of the staff suddenly pointed out that service wasn't included. Perhaps I am strange in that I do not generally tip staff who bring the room service to my room unless they are unusually helpful, but unfortunately because of his limited English, I wasn't sure what he meant - I thought he might mean that a 10% supplement might be added to my bill on checkout, which I thought was a bit out of order. I put down the phone and thought I should check and so called reception - the man on the end of the phone went very quiet and then said he would "sort it out", then calling back and saying that the problem was solved - Basically the room service staff were requesting a cash tip from me. Bearing in mind there were about 7 guests in the whole place, they can't have been particularly busy and I really didn't appreciate being made to feel awkward about the fact that I hadn't tipped for the previous two nights. The room service menu, for the record, is a bit limited, and not great quality.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business