“decent”
Review of Hotel Chesscom

Hotel Chesscom
Ranked #108 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Room was a bit smelly but the stuff was very friendly and the hotel was within 3 min distance from the metro. It takes about 15min to reach the city center but you don't have to change lines or anything. It's also the ideal hotel if you are travelling by Budapest by car and would like to spend a couple of nights there since it's outside the city center,therefor easy to reach

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ptatemvan
hotelchesscom, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chesscom, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Ptatemvan,

Thank you for your feedback and compliments on your stay with us, I was happy to read that you have found the hotel to be a good choice to stay in Budapest and our location great. We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next journey to Budapest!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Excellent hotel with excellent location, service, good price, very calm room helped in deep sleeping :) the desk is very helpful and my appreciations to the reservations stuff.
really it'll be my destination always if I visit Budapest

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver C

Dear Oliver C,

Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and you had a deep sleep. :) Glad to hear that you were staisfied with our reservationist.

I do hope we will see You again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My two sons stayed at this hotel in April and both agree that it offered good value for money, friendly staff, good location close to the metro and a large shopping mall nearby. The reason I am writing this review is the excellent service I received from the hotel when I contacted them, on behalf of my sons, who had left some items of clothing in their rooms! In particular, I would like to mention Ivett who was so helpful in arranging for the items to be mailed back to the UK. Ivett kept in constant touch by email right up until the day the items arrived. As with any business, aftersales service is so important and in that regard Hotel Chesscom excelled!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul J
hotelchesscom, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chesscom, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Paul J,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that Your sons had such a pleasant time in our hotel and they were satisfied with the location as well. We always appreciate receiving compliment regarding our staff. Ivett is a wonderful and hard working employee of our hotel.

I hope to see You again!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Maybe it was our lack of expectations coming in, given the low price for the hotel, but we certainly enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The food was good, the place was generally clean, and the staff were great. The location at first was somewhat off-putting, but when we realized how connected the transport system of Budapest is, we were pleasantly surprised at how much we felt location was actually one of the hotel's strong points.
Great city + wonderful people + nice hotel + at low-cost = Extremely happy tourist!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MORLD
hotelchesscom, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chesscom, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear MORLD,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the location good, enjoyed our facilities and you were happy with our staff.

I do hope we will see You again in the near future!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I chose this hotel simply because I had a very early flight that meant I would have to take a 4am bus to the airport, and it was cheap. The bus/metro station is 5 mins walk from the hotel, so the location was ideal for me. The hotel itself is nothing special - room was OK, but I had to share a bathroom. However, not all rooms share a bathroom and I think they gave me this because I was on my own. There is a big shopping centre at the metro/bus station but otherwise not that much is happening in this locality. However, it's easy to take the metro to the city centre and takes only 15 mins max. All in all quite OK.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nigel K
hotelchesscom, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chesscom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Nigel,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you liked the location of the hotel. I would like to inform You that you booked an economy double room with a shared bathroom. We always allocate our guests to the appropriate room type they booked. We are constantly maintaning our rooms and facilities. We look forward to seeing You again. Kind Regards, Ms Andrea Palfi, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I spent 1 night at Chesscom - to be honest - just 6 hours. I had a plane early in the morning and wanted to sleep at least 6 hours before the flight.

Pros:
- Location is SUPER, 500 meters from Kobanya Kispest metro station (the final station southbound M3 line), 400 meters from the huge KOKI shopping mall (they have huge TESCO supermarket which operates till 10 pm every day). if you came there by bus from the airport or by metro or train, the hotel is located on the other side of KOKI - take left). Kobanya Kispest is a big interchange station, bus # 200E from Budapest Airport comes there, also there's metro and train stations. By metro you can reach the central Budapest in 20 mins, from the railway station you can travel to Szekesfehervar, Hungarian royal city. Remember: if you need to go to the airport early in the morning, the first bus # 200E goes at 4.05 am - the stop is in 7 mins walk from the hotel, on the side of the metro and railway stations.
- Wi-fi is good and free.
- Nice pleasant staff.
- Great price - 16Eu/night for SGL occupancy in DBL room.

Cons:
- This is an ordinary 2 star airport hotel. Some people here say that this is a good base in Budapest - NO. It's good if you have a plane early in the morning or arrived at Kobanya Kispest in the deep evening, for example, from Szekesfehervar. If no, there are many options in the center for the same price. The hotel is rather far from the city center.
- My non-smoking room had a strong smell of tobacco, the furniture was old and spartan, but the room was en-suite.

Opinion:
- I often fly to Budapest and I would definitely stay there again 'cause this is the cheapest way to get to the airport early in the morning without taking taxi from Budapest central hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sergeika30,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you liked the location of the hotel. We are very fortunate to have a great team of staff here and we will pass on your comments to our staff that you found the service excellent and the staff helpful. I am very sorry to read that your room had a strong smell of tobacco. Please note according to our policy it is not allowed to smoke in the hotel rooms. Probably guests who stayed in your room previously were smoking. We try to solve this problem as soon as we can. We look forward to seeing You again in our hotel! Kind Regards, Ms Andrea Pálfi, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The hotel is located close to the metro station and bus interchange at the airport and the mall. Front desk friendly and helpful. Room (27) small but clean. Ideal to get some sleep. Shared bathroom with one other room - clean. Adequate price for the quality. Hotel to command especially for people who have to get up in the morning to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JPopiel,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you found our hotel good value, clean and that our staff were friendly. We look forward to welcoming You here again. Kind Regards, Ms Andrea Pálfi, Front Office Manager.