Hotel Chesscom
  • Breakfast included
US$138
US$114
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the airportmetro stationshared bathroomkobanya kispestcity centretesco storelarge modern shopping centresafe parking placebudget hotelbiggest advantagesmall fridgeblue metro linerooms are basicdirect accessprivate parkingtransport systemvisit budapest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner and our 2 dogs for just 1 night. Everything at this hotel is as it should be - the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and with good linen, the staff is helpful, the location is great - right next to a metro station (the last stop of blue line) and a large shopping mall, which makes for a very convenient budget stay. The metro downtown takes some 20 minutes and costs around 1 EUR one way. There is free parking at the hotel grounds and we had air-con, a fridge and a TV in the room, non of which we tried. My only complaint is that the hotel is next to a busy road where trucks go all night long and the windows, although they help a lot, don't manage to hold all the noise away. My partner slept through it without problems, I had to use ear-plugs and a sleeping mask (quite a lot of light gets from the street through the curtains and blinds). For those interested, the price for a dog was 10 EUR per dog per night.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to budget travellers and families who do not need any luxurious extras but want all the necessities in place.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Leinka
hotelchesscom, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chesscom, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Leinka,

Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had such a great time in our hotel and you were satisfied with the location, cleaning, reception staff and with the hotel room. I am sorry to hear that you couldn't sleep well. We have rooms overlooking the courtyard. Those rooms are more quiet than the ones at the front side. On your next stay please ask for a room at the back side and we will do our best to allocate you in a nice and quiet room.

I do hope we will see You again in the near future!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

At fist I was disappointed because I've only ever experienced 4/5 star hotels in Britain. I soon came to realise it had everything we needed! Air con worked a treat, beds were comfy, pillows could have done with more filling but were okay, didn't buy breakfast at the hotel as it looked mediocre but there's a Tesco right by it and the local restaurants are delish! The stay was well organised and staff were brilliant, helped every time I had a question. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DBellfield
hotelchesscom, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chesscom, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear DBellfield,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us, we are delighted to know that you have spent a nice stay here and found the hotel clean and comfortable and our team at reception efficient.
I hope next time You will try our breakfast as well. :)

We look forward to seeing You again in our hotel!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel is easy to find. If you take an express bus 200E from airport, you can get to the reception in a half hour. The hotel has not rich interior, but it is very clean. The hotel staff is very polite and helpful. There is a large shop mall, bus stop and edge metro station near the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VladymyrZ
hotelchesscom, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chesscom, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear VladymyrZ,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are happy to know that You found the hotel very clean and good connection by bus and underground .

We will be happy to welcoming You again!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a very early flight out to conclude my visit to Budapest and Hungary. I wanted to find a hotel on the Metro which was closer to the airport where I could use shuttle service. My room at Hotel Chesscom was clean and basic. The staff was really good. I didn't have breakfast due to the early departure. Enjoyed the small bar in the lobby before bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear TAS14,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Glad to hear that You were satisfied with our hotel and You found the location good.

Looking forward to seeing You again in our hotel!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Hotel is situated on wider Budapest area.Nearby is located large commercial centre with several shops and a railway -sub. station.Nice , by buildings surrounded parking and standard breakast.Rooms are an average but also not below.You will not be specialy suprised by something during Your stay but You shouldnt be dissapointed too. Good relation money - value.Good for sleep ,eat and go whatever You do next , travel, visit Budapest....

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Randja
hotelchesscom, Front Office Manager at Hotel Chesscom, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Randja,

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We are happy to read that You liked the hotel and You found it good relation money - value.

We will be happy to welcoming You here again!