“Good Hotel & Enjoyable stay.”

Eurostars Budapest Center Hotel
Ranked #58 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel in last August, the hotel itself is modern, bright and maybe slightly bit lack of atmosphere. The location is very center , within walking distance to the shopping / cafe/ restaurants in Budapest, the reception staff are prompt, friendly and speak good English, the room is spacious, clean, the bed is comfortable, pity there was no coffee/tea facility in the room, but there are plenty of cafe nearby, but I think it would give a plus point for the hotel if they provide it in the room, the breakfast is very good value for the price that we've paid and there is also free wifi in the entire hotel, so it's highly recommended.

Room Tip: the rooms situated in the back of hotel ate the quiet ones, just simply ask this on your reservation...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed with my parents in the hotel. Both rooms were very spacious, comfortable, clean and had a modern decoration, and so were the bathrooms. The only negative point I found was that from my room I couldn't receive wifi signal, although from my parent's room the reception was correct.

The service was great, specially the receptionist from Barcelona, who gave us some advices when we checked-in.

The breakfast was rich and varied, but also a bit too crowded. It surprised me that the hotel had no restaurant, only a bar where you could eat some small dishes.

The hotel is really central, there's a metro station nearby and with a 10 minute walk you arribe downtown.

I really liked the hotel and think it's a good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Sayed October 16th 1 night paid £65 including breakfast.

Check in was quick and efficient. We were given a room on 4th floor. As we entered the room the first thing we noticed was a dining table along a hallway on entering further we found a sitting room with comfortable chairs a dining table and flat screen TV although the only English channel was a news channel. Through the lounge into the bedroom with large bed and second TV.

The bathroom was compact but nice and had a jacuzzi bath in it which we made use of before bed time. Everywhere was immaculate. There was also a good range of toileteries. A pair of slippers was provided in the wadrobe in the halway.

Reception staff were very good at giving us directions and spoke excellent English They sell tickets for thop on hop off bus and the bus stop is 3 minutes along the street across the road from the Astoria hotel and roun the corner. The metro is also 3 minutes away.

Breakfast was very good with Eggs (scrambled and boiled), bacon and sausages, fruit juice cereals, a slection of cold meats and cheeses, yoghurts and verious pastries. The chocholate cossants were delicious. The coffee was very good too.

The hotel is extremely quite and we didn't hear a sound in the room, So we got a shock at breakfast when we saw the amount of people actually staying there you would never have realised from the other public areas and the room.

We checked out at 10.00 am and our transfer to the airport wasn't until 3.00. This was no problem as reception stored our luggage for us.

We did have a drink in the hotel bar and from the bill on our return it was expensive for Budapest but no more than English hotel prices.

In summary the hotel is immaculate, very good value, in an excellent location. If ever I go back to Budapest I will certanly stay here again. I would highly reccomend Eurostars.

I also forgot there is no smoking at all on the property.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My family of 4 stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, very modern, very well appointed suite in this hotel for less money than we normally pay for a dreary 3 star hotel. It's the bet hotel value I have ever had anywhere in the world. The staff were great too - one of them directed us to the best, small, hole in the wall restaurant I experienced in my 3 months in Europe. Great location - can't say enough good things about it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012

great location to the sites, clean modern good size room. Great bed, modern clean bath. Very good breakfast. Recommend seeing the Temple and St Stephens Church. If you want to see the Parliament make advanced reservations. The opera house is something to see.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This hotel is in an excellent position. We stayed two nights. It is clean and very modern. We asked why there were no shampoo and conditioner bottles in the bathroom - apparently you use the body shampoo for all reasons. There is no toilet brush - I know who wants to clean but when you are room sharing with a friend....... I enjoyed staying here but my friend was less than impressed. The one breakfast we had there was ordinary. Lifts and lift foyers not airconditioned. Lifts small, holding only 4 people if one or two have a case. The internet connection good but the keyboard strange and we had trouble with basic stuff on them. Press x and you get a y and this type of thing. We had to ask the desk twice to sort it out, but they wouldn't come up. Close to everything but a long walk to the railway station which we did without cases. Get a cab which the front desk ordered and it arrived right on time. Metro stations close by. Shopping local and tourist 2 minutes away. Good cafes close to the river for coffee, breakfast, etc. Recommended if you want a clean and modern hotel close to everything. On main road which is always frantically busy.

Room Tip: As for room away form the main road which the hotel fronts.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

I still dont understand how they provide such a superior service for these rates. I usually go for Ibis in order not to face any surprise but this time I took the risk and happy to say it was worth. Very close to the fancy Vacsi Street and 3 minutes walking distance to the subway. Breakfast is worth the money. It has been just renovated or decorated. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012