“A comfortable and elegant hotel with lovely people.”

Budapest Panorama Central
Ranked #90 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Budapest, Hungary
“A comfortable and elegant hotel with lovely people.”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I lived in Budapest for a year a while back so I know the city pretty well. I was staying for a few nights and needed something inexpensive and central. This exceeded my expectations in every sense. This hotel is a small and intimate 12 room hotel inside an old historic building in Central Pest. It is close to everything you need which is why I chose it originally, but I did not expect such a lovely room, wonderfully nice staff, and breakfast in bed room-service. I will be recommending this to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I arrived late Friday night and as dark and graffiti'ed as it might be during the day it was worse late at night with the main door shut and no lights. Very dodgy creeky lift, which on numerous occasions didnt open. Reception couldnt find my reservation so offered me 3 nights instead of the booked 4 and I had to pay up front. Check-in took over 25 minutes and I was a solo traveller with nothing else beinig demanded of the receptionist! I was "upgraded" to a superior room which had a jacuzzi, but no shower!! Eventually found the booking, but had made a mistake with the conversation rate and needed to charge more. Also the breakfast was ok and you had to fill in a sheet the night before.
Overall, good location but for me I think that was it.

Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JenA73
BudapestKaroly, Manager at Budapest Panorama Central, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to provide a review regarding your stay in the Budapest Panorama Central.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused during your check in. The day that you arrived happened to be the very first shift of our brand new receptionist. We explained this situation to you in person and to express our regret and ask for your understanding we wanted to compensate you by offering a higher quality room with a jacuzzi tub (shower pipe included) and two bottles of house wine.
Unfortunately the new staff member was too slow and inexperienced, she made a mistake what we apologised for. Today, she is already trained and now we believe that she has the skills to became a valued member of our team that we are proud of.
Let me add that in the lobby area of the Budapest Panorama Central there is free coffee and tea as well as welcome cookies and other sweets to make your waiting time more convenient.
We would like to apologise again most sincerely for the inconveniences and we honestly hope that you had a nice stay in the end.
We appreciate your time, your opinion is important to us! We are constantly trying to improve our services. We are all looking forward to welcome you again!
Wishing you all the best!

The management of the Budapest Panorama Central
Paris, France
Reviewed 17 February 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend - we are in our 20s. It was easy to find using the address, and a map: We took the bus (200E) then the Metro and then it was a 5 min walk. There was some bulding work going on on the main road, but as you explore you'll find a lot of Budapest is being renovated!
The "hotel" has it's reception on the third floor of an old appartment block. We paid for the upgrade to the room with the jacuzzi, which was well worth it! The room was clean, and large, with TV, chairs, table, sofa, sink, hob, microwave, cutlery&crockery, cupboards, free wifi. The beds were small singles, so we pushed them together.
Breakfast was included in the price, and was simple (cereal/tea/juice/bread/croissant/yoghurt/apple), and delivered to our door every morning, with promise of seconds if we wanted. The heating worked well, we were never cold despite the freezing temperature outside, but the "double" windows didn't protect us from the sound of building work at 7am. This wasn't a big issue for us. The receptionist recommended us the restaurant next door (Bali) which was cheap and very tasty, and open late. We didn't do it ourselves, but I overheard the receptionist arranging tours for other guests. "Panorama" is just a 1 minute walk from the Astoria Metro stop, or a 5-10 minute walk from the Danube, and city center. Ideal location.
To me, this felt like something in between a hostel and a hotel, taking the best elements of both. It didn't have the posh-ness of a hotel, but the room was perfect, and very cheap. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob G
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I would recommend this hotel to everybody. Great position and price. Room was really clean, nice jacuzzi and friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 January 2011

For 2 nights we paid $78. The units are perfect. We got two twins, each room came with a small TV, an extendable table/desk. Bathrooms are immaculate and new. Plenty of hot water. We had the courtyard view so no much to see, but we weren't there to stay at the hotel. Beds are a bit too soft for me, but this is preference. Heaters worked great. It includes a breakfast each morning (free of charge) which will get you going (bread, cold cuts, coffee, juice, yogurt, etc). Front desk is very helpful, and they will arrange for a shuttle to come pick you up for the airport. I highly recommend and would come back here in the future!

Getting to the 3rd floor is really in American terms the 4th floor. The elevator is a bit old and sketchy, but it works. Great place for low budget, but great accommodation! Oh yea, and internet/wifi is fast!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MJWang24
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Upon arriving at the building this hotel is housed within, my husband claimed he "wasn't cool with this." The entrance of the hotel is in a sketchy building, decorated with graffiti and poorly lit. I insisted we at least check out the actual hotel and we are both very pleased we did. The hotel is on the 3rd floor and looks nicer than the ground floor. The hotel itself is very clean and the front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. The room was large, with a small fridge and microwave, TV and a great bathroom with a jacuzzi tub for two that we made great use of. My only complaint of the room was the bed. The bed was two single beds that when we pushed together kept slipping apart so one of us was constantly falling into the crack. We finally just had to sleep on our separate beds. The bedding itself also left a lot to be desired. The sheets and pillows were very poor quality.
The location, however, is great. Very easy walking distance to the river, so easy access to the Buda side to see the castle and hill district. In the other direction is the Old Jewish District which has been revamped into a trendy neighborhood with good, reasonable restaurants and cool bars. Overall, I think this hotel is great, especially for the price. If only they could light up the stairwell and get some decent sheets, I would have been raving about the place.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank allisonfclark
Montmorillon, France
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel for four nights in early October 2010 and found it a most pleasant location. The staff was helpful with suggestions on places to visit, and they responded to our needs quickly. The location is good if you wish to walk to many places on the Pest side of the river, and public transportation is close at hand.

The hotel is in a multi-use building so one gets the feeling of being a part of the community. Each morning a breakfast was brought to our room based on our requests of the day before. The rooms were of ample size and well appointed. You enter the hotel by way of an elevator that brings you to the hotel's floor. From there you go to the entrance to the hotel lobby (about five or six meters) where you are quickly directed to your room. In the lobby are facilities to make a cup of tea if you wish.

Overall, it is a very nice place to visit.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple