“Great way to start Budapest. ”
Review of BudaBike Tours

BudaBike Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$26.34*
and up
Budapest Highlights Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We organize sightseeing tours by bike in Budapest and Hungary. On our Budapest highlights tour we'll show you all the important sights on an easy-paced ride. Alternatively, we cycle along the Danube on the night tour or discover the outskirts of the city on the Obuda and Retro tours. Don't worry, instead of overloading you with mind-numbing dates we prefer sharing all the basic info, fun facts and insider stories with you. Get up close and personal with Budapest - by bike!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The architecture here is overwhelming, complex history and the divide between Buda +Pest can make sight seeing decision making a problem, so it was GREAT that we started with a bike tour (nb. with a Dutch guide Peter)on our first day. Highly recommend doing this because this city is very do-able & negotiable. It makes the following days so much easier to see & understand the significance.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our evening bike tour of Budapest was all we could possibly have hoped for and more. Beautiful sights, and our tour guide Adam, was personable, knowledgeable, and even patient with my gazillions of questions about a variety of subjects (just naturally curious and had stored up a lot of questions I wanted to ask a local..) The bikes were in great shape, the ride was super safe and yet a lot of fun, and the weather was absolutely perfect---luckily as it might have rained, which was one more great thing about Budabikes, they were the only ones running an evening tour at our time of year and continued with the tour with just a few of us!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I managed personal time to Budapest while on a work trip, but had less than 24 hours to see the city. It was Wolfgang and Christina who showed me both sides of the city by day and by night. I had a great experience - here is how it went:

I contacted Budabike Tours by email asking for a recommendation based on my limited time in town. I received a quick response with the suggestion of a day-time trip for 2 hours coupled with a night (city lights) trip.

I arrived in Budapest and very easily found the meeting location where Christina was waiting for me and greeted me by name – that was nice. I went into the garage and received a warm greeting from Wolfgang who set me up with a bike. They have several bikes, all in very good condition.

The tour (both day and night) – Wolfgang and Christina did a great safely job navigating the group through the streets of Budapest. We stopped at several of the city’s historic and interesting spots where they explained the significance of the sight and when possible we took a quick look inside.

In the end, I had a great tour, saw the city and would recommend both the day-time and night-time tours. Because of their passion for the city, energy and hospitality, I walked away feeling like I have friends in Budapest.

One last piece of advice – consider taking the bike tour before going inside any of the Budapest sights. The tour will help you decide what you really want to spend your time seeing.

Pros:
Very personable and professional
SAFE!!
Great tours
Bikes are well maintained
Fantastic for planning out the rest of your trip

Cons:
Mostly outside views

Reviewed 22 April 2014

it was only my husband and me and that day.
the guide (peter) gave us more than an extra hour just because he was great and had fun with us!
peter was very knowledgeable, nice, funny and a wonderful tour guide.

the riding was easy and safe.

we highly recomand it!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderful day. Peter was extremely knowledgable and good fun. Szentdre trip well worth doing.The views of the Danube on return to Budapest were excellent. Trip was leisurely and we stopped a couple of times for drinks. We were also pleased to meet a couple from USA who added to the enjoyment of the trip.