“Be careful with the shuttle...Good place in budapest” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Actor Hotel

Actor Hotel
Ranked #243 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
“Be careful with the shuttle...Good place in budapest”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Breakfeast included, 3 blocks from metro, nice staff, upscale room, and only drawback is the "free" shuttle to airport... It is only free after three nights so we ended up paying 20 euros to take us to the airport. They will call it for you saying that but actually It is a taxi and it will cost a little bit more but it was a great service. I suggest doing it if your having a early or late flight as the streets to the metro have a tough neighborhood and I would walk there with the luggage or family away from the sunlight. But overall hotel experience was positive and room was very nice

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear PilikaiHawaii,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at Actor Hotel Budapest. Whilst I was pleased to read that you found our room to a high standard both in comfort and cleanliness I was disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction with aspects of our shuttle service. As testified by previous reviewers on Trip Advisor this is not the experience that our guests are accustomed to receiving.
In answer to the confusion surrounding our free airport shuttle service, I would like to clarify that this offer is only valid if you stay at least 3 nights with us as you mentioned. Please also note that this service is only available between 07:00 to 22:00 (07:00 am to 10:00 pm) everyday. This information can also be found on our website and other booking sites too. I've tried to look after on your case, get in touch with you to learn the full story, but your nickname didn't help me. All I can think of that there was a misunderstanding between you and my colleague at the reception. Please accept our deepest apologies for the caused inconveniences.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Actor Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future.

Konstantin Kovats

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Iisalmi, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed in Actor hotel for a five days in mid-September 2013. Our choice was obvious - nice and peaceful hotel within walking distance from the town center within a reasonable price.

And whow, we were surprised - this hotel was cozy and relaxed, silent (for old-timers like us ;-), the staff was friendly and always to willing to help. Both breakfast and dinner was good. As mentioned lower, it took only five minutes to walk to subway station or couple of minutes to tram stop. You can buy tickets for subway, tram, bath, from the hotel. Of course, You can walk wherever You want (as we did). The airport shuttle was also working - but remember to check the transportation before arriving/departing.

Thanks, folks of Actor Hotel, for successful vacation in Budapest!

Room Tip: We did have a superior room, which was cozy and clean
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JKokkonen
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear JKokkonen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is wonderful to know that you found our hotel to be cozy, relaxed and silent and that you enjoyed the services provided by our staff. I'm especially glad to hear that our hotel's location met with your expectations and you could easily discover all the sights that our beautiful capital city Budapest has to offer.

Yours sincerely,

Korsoer, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

We visited this lovely hotel in September 2013. The hotel is located in a nice quiet neighborhood just a short walk from the metro station and it comes easily to get to the center of town. The rooms are large and we were so lucky to get one with a balcony. The hotel and the rooms appear very clean and maintained and has everything you need: Nice wide beds with very good mattresses, nice bathrooms, hairdryer, television, mini bar and a small safe. The service and the staff at the hotel are fantastic and the free airport shuttle makes it easy to get there from airport. Hopefully it will not be the last time we visit this nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HelleFrandsen
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear HelleFrandsen,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Actor Hotel Budapest. I am thrilled to hear that from the moment you arrived until the moment you left everything was great. The team at our hotel pride themselves on ensuring that each and every guest enjoys a special time with us, and I'm glad to see we succeed to deliver this to you.

We truly hope too that you will visit us again soon and we all already look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm Regards,
Grootschermer, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I made a reservation at the Actor Hotel because it is (relatively) close to the Palace of the Arts where I was going to see a concert with the prima donna assoluta Edita Gruberova.
Also it was cheap (€ 48 for a single room).

The room was clean, not big but not tiny either.
Bathroom had a large shower, a toilet and a sink.
Bed had a nice, firm mattress.
Desk was a bit dark even with the lamp turned on.
WiFi worked fine.
There was a mini bar but it was not very cold.

The young woman who checked us in was very friendly and helpful.
Other staff seemed to be not very interested.
They said their 'good evening' when we said ours but no smiles.

I was not impressed by the neighbourhood.
There were some shops (some were even open 24/7) - that was nice.
A few cafe's and a few simple restaurants.
That was disappointing.

But hey! I paid € 48 for a comfortable room in a quiet street (very little street noise) that was clean and had WiFi and a nice bed.
So no complaints.

Would I go back there?
Probably not.
Not because of the hotel (it is really good considering the price) but if you plan to spend just a short time in Budapest you may want to be in a nicer neighbourhood.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JDm452,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us and I am pleased that you feel that the hotel is good and nice, even though our location didn't meet with your expectations. I'm sure I would be able to advice you routes, places, things to do in our neighborhood that would change a bit your opinion. Unfortunately only a 1 or 2 nights stay is simply not enough to get to know Budapest. Hope you enjoyed the concert with the prima donna assoluta Edita Gruberova at the Palace of the Arts.

I truly hope you will grant us an other opportunity (after my response) to prove you there are a lot great things to do in our neighborhood that you missed during your short stay and I will have a chance to personally guide you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time, I will be more than happy to assist!

Warm regards,
Konstantin kovats
Kozani, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I visited this hotel in March with my school on our 7 day Europe trip. The thing with this hotel is that it has very confident - relaxing rooms which is exactly the thing we needed after an exhausting (but beautiful) walk to both Buda and Pest cities :) . Nice bathrooms , normal breakfast and fast/large elevators. The only problem we had was to park the bus into that narrow road in front of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Konstantin K, General Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear AlexandrosKaz,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us back in March and I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience. I am also glad that you found your room to be elegant, nice and comfortable. Actor Hotel Budapest has one of the biggest rooms in the 4 star category here in Budapest and we are proud of it :).

I am so glad that your overall stay was so enjoyable and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your group back to the Actor Hotel Budapest on a future visit to our wonderful capital city.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel is a bit far away from center of the city, but near underground station Klinikak, so easy to get center. Peaceful location.
Breakfast is very good and the athosphere also nice.
Service is very good, staff is nice and helpful.
Room was clean.
Nice place and not an expensive hotel. I recommend!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear LauKul,

Thank you for taking the time to post a short, but helpful and positive review about your stay with us. All of our staff members work hard to ensure that our guests leaves with a feeling of satisfaction and I'm delighted to see we were able to deliver it in your case. I will definitely pass your thoughts to them for a little encouragement :).

We wish you all the best for you and your family and look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed at the Actor for 9 nights in July 2013, and think our extended stay meant we got a larger-than-average room! Most guests only seem to stop for 2 or 3 nights - which is a shame for a city that has so much to offer. We were staying whilst the Hungarian Grand Prix was on so things got a lot busier at the weekend, but the hotel seemed to cope OK, and was always quiet at night.

Our room was spacious, clean and well-equipped, apart from lack of tea/coffee faciliteis (which we knew in advance). Bed was usual 'two singles' pushed together, but wide and comfortable. Air-conditioning struggled to cope with mid-30's temperatures, but good enough to be respite from the heat outside.

There was a good choice at breakfast, and some different options throughout the week, including lots of fruit and some hot choices. Reception staff were helpful, if a little slow at times. One of the best features was the free transfer from and to the airport, especially as the hotel is a little way out of the centre. The organisation of that was very efficient.

The location of the hotel is probably the only slight drawback - it's deep into Ferencvaros and a good 5-min walk from either the metro or a tram - which while not an issue for us, could be for some. Also, the area isn't over-endowed with restaurants and bars (although there's a very good one on the closest corner!) so a trip into town is probably required for more choice. However, Raday Utca is only 10-15 min walk away, with lots of eating options.

Note for vegetarians: Budapest is difficult for veggies, especially if you or your partner wants more than pizza/Italian all week. Even fish is hard to come by in Hungarian restaurants. Our saviour was 'Hummus Bar', of which a new branch had just opened at the nearby Leonardo Hotel close to Fernec Ter, just 2 blocks away! They did a number of hummus-based meals, plus other veggie options, and plenty for the meat-eater too - and great baklava for dessert too, all at a very reasonable price!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front in the 'round window' might be larger (ending in 08/09?).
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear foxjenny,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review about your stay with us. It is always lovely to read positive guest opinions about our hotel.
You are right, you were promoted with a free upgrade to a Superior room to make it even more comfortable and enjoyable your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you appreciated it.

I am also pleased that you found our free airport transfer offer efficient, helpful and well organized. We have also updated our official website with a new transfer order form to make the arrangement procedure easier & effective.

Please allow me to recommend some new possibilities for vegetarians as I feel bad that you found our beautiful capital city to be difficult on this matter. A new great restaurant recently opened in our neighborhood called Petrus which also offers some meal options for vegetarians, and TheBigFish restaurant is waiting for those who like fish near to the Oktogon station about 20 minutes away from us.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us and We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us, if we can be of assistance at any time.