See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Breakfeast included, 3 blocks from metro, nice staff, upscale room, and only drawback is the "free" shuttle to airport... It is only free after three nights so we ended up paying 20 euros to take us to the airport. They will call it for you saying that but actually It is a taxi and it will cost a little bit more but it was a great service. I suggest doing it if your having a early or late flight as the streets to the metro have a tough neighborhood and I would walk there with the luggage or family away from the sunlight. But overall hotel experience was positive and room was very nice

• Stayed: October 2013
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear PilikaiHawaii,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at Actor Hotel Budapest. Whilst I was pleased to read that you found our room to a high standard both in comfort and cleanliness I was disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction with aspects of our shuttle service. As testified by previous reviewers on Trip Advisor this is not the experience that our guests are accustomed to receiving.
In answer to the confusion surrounding our free airport shuttle service, I would like to clarify that this offer is only valid if you stay at least 3 nights with us as you mentioned. Please also note that this service is only available between 07:00 to 22:00 (07:00 am to 10:00 pm) everyday. This information can also be found on our website and other booking sites too. I've tried to look after on your case, get in touch with you to learn the full story, but your nickname didn't help me. All I can think of that there was a misunderstanding between you and my colleague at the reception. Please accept our deepest apologies for the caused inconveniences.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Actor Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed in Actor hotel for a five days in mid-September 2013. Our choice was obvious - nice and peaceful hotel within walking distance from the town center within a reasonable price.

And whow, we were surprised - this hotel was cozy and relaxed, silent (for old-timers like us ;-), the staff was friendly and always to willing to help. Both breakfast and dinner was good. As mentioned lower, it took only five minutes to walk to subway station or couple of minutes to tram stop. You can buy tickets for subway, tram, bath, from the hotel. Of course, You can walk wherever You want (as we did). The airport shuttle was also working - but remember to check the transportation before arriving/departing.

Thanks, folks of Actor Hotel, for successful vacation in Budapest!

Room Tip: We did have a superior room, which was cozy and clean
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JKokkonen
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear JKokkonen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is wonderful to know that you found our hotel to be cozy, relaxed and silent and that you enjoyed the services provided by our staff. I'm especially glad to hear that our hotel's location met with your expectations and you could easily discover all the sights that our beautiful capital city Budapest has to offer.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We visited this lovely hotel in September 2013. The hotel is located in a nice quiet neighborhood just a short walk from the metro station and it comes easily to get to the center of town. The rooms are large and we were so lucky to get one with a balcony. The hotel and the rooms appear very clean and maintained and has everything you need: Nice wide beds with very good mattresses, nice bathrooms, hairdryer, television, mini bar and a small safe. The service and the staff at the hotel are fantastic and the free airport shuttle makes it easy to get there from airport. Hopefully it will not be the last time we visit this nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HelleFrandsen
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear HelleFrandsen,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at Actor Hotel Budapest. I am thrilled to hear that from the moment you arrived until the moment you left everything was great. The team at our hotel pride themselves on ensuring that each and every guest enjoys a special time with us, and I'm glad to see we succeed to deliver this to you.

We truly hope too that you will visit us again soon and we all already look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I made a reservation at the Actor Hotel because it is (relatively) close to the Palace of the Arts where I was going to see a concert with the prima donna assoluta Edita Gruberova.
Also it was cheap (€ 48 for a single room).

The room was clean, not big but not tiny either.
Bathroom had a large shower, a toilet and a sink.
Bed had a nice, firm mattress.
Desk was a bit dark even with the lamp turned on.
WiFi worked fine.
There was a mini bar but it was not very cold.

The young woman who checked us in was very friendly and helpful.
Other staff seemed to be not very interested.
They said their 'good evening' when we said ours but no smiles.

I was not impressed by the neighbourhood.
There were some shops (some were even open 24/7) - that was nice.
A few cafe's and a few simple restaurants.
That was disappointing.

But hey! I paid € 48 for a comfortable room in a quiet street (very little street noise) that was clean and had WiFi and a nice bed.
So no complaints.

Would I go back there?
Probably not.
Not because of the hotel (it is really good considering the price) but if you plan to spend just a short time in Budapest you may want to be in a nicer neighbourhood.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear JDm452,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor following your stay with us and I am pleased that you feel that the hotel is good and nice, even though our location didn't meet with your expectations. I'm sure I would be able to advice you routes, places, things to do in our neighborhood that would change a bit your opinion. Unfortunately only a 1 or 2 nights stay is simply not enough to get to know Budapest. Hope you enjoyed the concert with the prima donna assoluta Edita Gruberova at the Palace of the Arts.

I truly hope you will grant us an other opportunity (after my response) to prove you there are a lot great things to do in our neighborhood that you missed during your short stay and I will have a chance to personally guide you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time, I will be more than happy to assist!

Warm regards,
Konstantin kovats

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I visited this hotel in March with my school on our 7 day Europe trip. The thing with this hotel is that it has very confident - relaxing rooms which is exactly the thing we needed after an exhausting (but beautiful) walk to both Buda and Pest cities :) . Nice bathrooms , normal breakfast and fast/large elevators. The only problem we had was to park the bus into that narrow road in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Konstantin K, General Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear AlexandrosKaz,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us back in March and I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience. I am also glad that you found your room to be elegant, nice and comfortable. Actor Hotel Budapest has one of the biggest rooms in the 4 star category here in Budapest and we are proud of it :).

I am so glad that your overall stay was so enjoyable and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your group back to the Actor Hotel Budapest on a future visit to our wonderful capital city.

Kind Regards,