See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This review is long overdue.
What can I say -- Konstantin is the best sales manager ever! And I've honestly traveled to many countries and he offers up services that can beat many many 5-star hotels.
Overall, I felt that the hotel's staff team is very responsive to your needs and they try their best to make your stay in Budapest a nice one.
We booked 3 rooms and I must say all three rooms are very spacious and very clean. And the price is right.
The hotel's free shuttle to the airport/train station is reliable.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a room in Budapest.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 7375productions
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We spent luckily only one night in this so called hotel.
Stuff was guite nice.
They told us that restaurant will open at 6:00 pm. We had half-pension, arrived to the restaurant at 6:30 pm. When we steped out from the elevator couldnt move from around 100 students. We had to cut the road for ourselves. Restaurant was empty, we had to ask the receptionist, how we can eat. Finally they brought us the food, which was not bad, but very poor. Drinks were of course expensive. During the night students were very noisy, really like in a student hostel... Couldnt sleep until 3 am, and nobody asked them not to play guitar on the corridor, and so on...
The room was ok, clean and big. One mistake: not a word about how much you have to pay for drinks in the mini bar... This was the first place I have met with this. Of course we thought it is not free... :) No information is common here...
We used the garage under the hotel, but they forgot to mention that you have to pay for it... And it was very very expensive for one night.
I would be curious how they got 4 stars, as there is nothing in this hotel, only rooms...
In general they do not really inform you about anything. For sure I will never ever go back there!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cichano
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Don't really have anything negative to say about this hotel. Location is a little out of the main centre but the area is fine with plenty of local amenities.
The room was large and had everything needed and both the room and hotel as a whole was clean and tidy.
Breakfast was good with plenty of options.
Wifi was excellent, both speed and reception, a rare thing in most hotels.
Was always able to access the hotel regardless of time of day.
Special mention for the very helpful receptionist who was always willing to answer questions and provide information. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chris A
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights, very well located, good service and breakfast included. It is at walking distance to the city's center, and also very close to public transportation. Has a courtesy service to the airport and to the train station (We arrived by air and left on train).
Rooms are clean and well kept.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Breakfeast included, 3 blocks from metro, nice staff, upscale room, and only drawback is the "free" shuttle to airport... It is only free after three nights so we ended up paying 20 euros to take us to the airport. They will call it for you saying that but actually It is a taxi and it will cost a little bit more but it was a great service. I suggest doing it if your having a early or late flight as the streets to the metro have a tough neighborhood and I would walk there with the luggage or family away from the sunlight. But overall hotel experience was positive and room was very nice

• Stayed: October 2013
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear PilikaiHawaii,

Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at Actor Hotel Budapest. Whilst I was pleased to read that you found our room to a high standard both in comfort and cleanliness I was disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction with aspects of our shuttle service. As testified by previous reviewers on Trip Advisor this is not the experience that our guests are accustomed to receiving.
In answer to the confusion surrounding our free airport shuttle service, I would like to clarify that this offer is only valid if you stay at least 3 nights with us as you mentioned. Please also note that this service is only available between 07:00 to 22:00 (07:00 am to 10:00 pm) everyday. This information can also be found on our website and other booking sites too. I've tried to look after on your case, get in touch with you to learn the full story, but your nickname didn't help me. All I can think of that there was a misunderstanding between you and my colleague at the reception. Please accept our deepest apologies for the caused inconveniences.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Actor Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,