“Great to see Pest but prepare to be disappointed if you want to see Buda too. Attitude of the driver ruined the trip too.”
Review of RiverRide

and up
Budapest Sightseeing Tour by Land and Water
Ranked #67 of 335 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: First in Europe!Budapest – as you can only see it with us Until now you could choose between touring our beautiful capital on four wheels or marvelling at the city from the deck of a pleasure boat. Now you don’t need to choose: RiverRide is a special sightseeing tour on which you can see the sights of Budapest from a comfortable seat, first along its busy streets, and then, from one second to the next – to the gasps of some of your fellow travellers – you splash into the lapping water of the river.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Overall the trip was fun with a knowledgable and funny tour guide. It's a great way to see the sights of Pest but we were disappointed that the coach did not go to cross the Danube to the Buda side. If you want a complete tour I would recommend another organised event.

It was enjoyable when the bus ventured into the river and the sense of occasion was made more enjoyable with the music when entering the Danube. There was some mention of not standing whilst the bus was in the water due to balance issues which is understandable but the co-driver displayed a very aggressive attitude when I slipped to an opposite seat to take a picture of Parliament on the other side. The bus/boat experience exists as a sightseeing enterprise so I was taken aback by the attitude of the member of staff who could have asked me to remain in my seat in a more polite manner. This incident spoiled the event and if I realised you could not swop sides for a better view and to take pictures I would have booked a cruise tour instead, at a much lower price.

1  Thank M05G4N

Reviewed 28 February 2014

A fun way to see Budapest, a unique amphicoach you shouldn't miss. It takes about 2 hours and you will see the most important sights in Budapest. The water trip takes a while and the speed is slow, but the splash is awesome.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The reviews were all good, and the actual trip was fantastic! Me and my 16 year old daughter had a wonderful time on land and in the water with the RiverRide. The tour guide was a beautiful young woman who sounded just like Za Za Gabor, that did an excellent job of showing us the city of Budapest. We did not have a great deal of time to see the city, so the RiverRide let us see a lot in a short period of time. It was well worth it!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

It was a bit too long, no refreshments on board but quite a cool thing to do. Also, not cheap! Around 35 euros a person

1  Thank Kandarp T
RiverRide I, RiverRide at RiverRide, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear „Kandarp T”
Thank you for your taking part in our RiverRide Budapest Sightseeing on Land and Water and sharing your opinion with us about the program.
We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied although almost all of our guests found the program exciting, informative and well organized.
You wrote the price was around 35 EUR although the most expensive ticket costs 30 EUR and we kindly ask you to let us know where you bought your ticket and how much you paid so that we can check the situation.
Your answer to info@riverride.com would be highly appreciated.
With best regards,
George Molnar
sales manager

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We took RiverRide tour last week in December, and didn't tell our kids what we're going to do! They were stunned, and so were we. The guide was very friendly, knowledgeable and amazingly easy switched between English and German, all the time of a tour. It lasts almost 2 hours, I just don’t know how it works in Summer months, I hope they have some king of air-condition! Anyhow, information we got were just in right quantity and shape to get a nice picture of Budapest, its past but also present life.

2  Thank Alida M