“Nothing negative”

Ranked #11 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Homosassa, Florida
“Nothing negative”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Since we tend to be a bit picky, we were more than pleasantly satisfied with the opera garden. Stayed two nights in early December in an apartment which included two bedrooms and one quite adequate bathroom as well as a small kitchenette. Rooms were comfortably small with ample storage space for clothes, luggage and moving around. Rooms were quiet with efficient climate control. Great shower, plenty of hot water and amenities. Enjoyed free wifi and their included breakfast was more than ample and delicious. Staff were professional, efficient and helpful. Also appreciated them allowing us to use the room when we arrived earlier than check in time since it was ready. Their website is very informative and registration easy to navigate on. Email correspondence with them was prompt and efficient as well. Was also gratefully appreciative that after having reserved the room months before arriving, they honorably reduced our rate significantly to that of the time of our arrival. Would absolutely stay at this contemporarily designed hotel with its own personality again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank agmfam
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Dear”agmfam”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your fabulous review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that your room and its amenities have met your expectations. I was also delighted to read that we could do everything to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was a pleasure to be heard that you found hotel staff’s service professional and helpful. Thank you again for all the appreciate words and for recommending us to other travelers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We just left this hotel last night, and we miss it already. The location was perfect - close to several metro stops and trams and within walking distance of many major sites.

We were a family of 4 (2 adults. 2 children), and we stayed in Room 201. The room was spotless and incredibly comfortable. We had a fully stocked kitchenette. The minibar prices were quite reasonable, although we only had the water. The bathroom was small but had nice amenities including L'Occitaine toiletries, towel warmer, etc. My only complaint about the hotel is that the bathroom was a little dark.

As a bonus, when we had the windows open, we could hear the music and singing from the opera house when the doors were open!

The front desk staff were very, very helpful. They arranged taxis and trains for us and made several nice recommendations for dinner and activities. They took care of our tickets for the baths (which I'd heard are sometimes difficult to navigate). We had a small electrical problem in our room (likely caused by my converter), and not only did the hotel promptly fix the issue, the manager left a bottle of Hungarian red wine in our room with a personal apology note. I was touched by the very kind gesture (and the wine was pretty tasty, too!).

Breakfast was fabulous! I cannot think of a single thing they could add to the spread. The staff in the breakfast room were quite friendly and helpful as well. They prepared omelets and smoothies on request. They started each breakfast with a complimentary glass of champagne. Each afternoon, there was mulled wine in the reception... a perfect way to wrap up a chilly afternoon of touring the city.

All in all, we found this hotel to be a really great value. It may not be a luxury, 5 star hotel, but we cannot think of a single thing that would have made this place a better experience for us. We would return to both Budapest and the Opera Garden in a heartbeat!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank lawmx6
Dear”lawmx6”, I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to place your honorific and well detailed comment on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that your stay was memorable at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and It was a pleasure to be heard that hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations and will share your kind words with them. I would like to thank you all the appreciate words and trust that we can welcome you back in the nearest future.
Ramat Gan, Israel
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We had a lovely stay at this beautiful hotel. The location is the best, the rooms are large, clean and comfortable, the breakfast was very tasty, the staff was friendly and overall we loved every minute there.
We will definitely be back again!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Dear”YAEL D”, Thank you for taking the time to leave your excellent feedback following your visit at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was a real pleasure to read that we could make your stay a memorable one and were satisfied with everything. I am looking forward of welcoming you back in the near future.
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We had a really good stay at the Opera Garden Hotel. The hotel is in the category of "small is beautiful". Clean rooms, good service. We appreciated the small perks like champagne for breakfast (not that we touched it, but we appreciated the offer) and mulled wine in the evening. The hotel is situated in a narrow and quiet street just off the busy Andrassy and the opera.

1 Thank DerJurgen
Dear”DerJurgen”, Thank you for sharing your positive comment on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you were satisfied with our rooms and the quality of services at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was also delighted to be heard that you could take advantage of our extra touches. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I was very lucky to made the choice of this hotel.
The long distance to the company was compensated by the central location of the hotel, so that my colleague and I were able to see the most famous sights of Budapest after work.
This was fantastic as you do not get a lot of opportunities during business trips.
I would choose this hotel again, because I like that the rooms are very clean and modern. Also, the breakfast buffet had everything (and even more) I needed in the morning.
Coffee to go in the morning was fantastic for the drive to the company.
We finished our day with a cup of free mulled wine in the evening.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Julia K
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Dear”JuliaK”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your excellent comment on Tripadvisor. It was a real pleasure to read that you found Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments a great place to stay even on a business trip. I was pleased to be heard that you concerned our location good and could manage to visit most of the sights. I was also delighted to read that buffet breakfast menu exceeded your expectations and were satisfied with your room. I trust that you will have the opportunity of enjoying our extra touches again in the near future.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed 20 December 2011

First of all I never do reviews but here i have to - it was so good. Me and my husband stayed in a hotel for 2 nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel is in the center of the city (forget the Vaci street as the center :), everything can be reached by foot. The breakfast room was a bit small, very domestic andy cosy, the food was great. When comming back from the city we were welcomed with muled wine. I told my husband that I felt a bit happy. I have some unfinished business with Budapest -in a good way- and will come back again.

Room Tip: When choosing the room, pick the upper flor.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear”VanjaM”, I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to write your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you had a memorable stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was also a pleasure to be heard that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and could take advantage of the complimentary mulled wine. Please let me know if I assist you with any future reservation.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed for business in the city and this hotel is perfect. The rooms are just renovated and large, there is free internet connection and the location is in the center, altough not in the most touristic part that can in any case be reached in 15 minute walk. The staff is kind and the quality price tradeoff is one of the best I found in Budapest. Highly recommended place both for tourism and for business.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear”Santa75”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your positive review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that as a business traveler you found Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments a perfect place to stay. It was also a pleasure to be heard that you were satisfied with your room and concerned our location good. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers.