“Perfect hotel, great location, great service”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #10 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Perfect hotel, great location, great service”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Beautifully located in the city's theater district, this hotel breathes luxury: service is outstanding, the rooms spacious, clean and modern. Great value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ovleeuwen
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear”ovleeuwen”, Thank you for recommending us on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and were satisfied with our services. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel is really a little gem among hotels. It is small and cosy, with perfect location and attentive service. Breakfast is better than average, and you can ask for freshly squeezed juice, omelette etc. And yes, there is sparkling wine, too! I would advice to spend a few pennies for the executive room, for the size and nicer position. Ours was number 207, view into two directions with plenty of space. Due to our late departure the receptionist let us use the spa complex downstairs, big points for that. The only possible downside could be the kitchenette, instead we could have used a sofa or so. But, good experience, many thanks for the great staff!

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive room for more space and better position. Order fresh juice, omelette etc at bre...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Maunolito
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear”Maunolito”, I would like to thank you for the honorific comment you left on Tripadvisor. It was a real pleasure to read that you found us a great place to stay and concerned our location good. I was also glad to be heard that you were satisfied with your room and the buffet breakfast too. I would like to thank you for the appreciate words regarding the hotel staff’s service. I can promise that on your next occasion at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments we will allocate you in a room with sofa.
Hastings, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night stay at the Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It suited our family with a separate room for our two children. The hotel is extremely clean and the staff are very helpful, responding quickly to any requests. Breakfast includes a buffet as well as items you can order off a menu like eggs and ham, omlet or smoothies. We seemed to be the only people ordering off the menu so I don't think they advertise the option. There was no champagne during our time there but sangria by the lift in the afternoons.
The hotel is in a great location; close to metro, sights, quiet cafes and bars.

2 Thank Baygirl69
Dear”Baygirl69”, Thank you for taking the time to post your excellent comment on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and were satisfied with your room in addition to our cleanliness and the service of hotel staff. It was also great to be heard that buffet breakfast has met your expectations and could take advantages of the extra selections. Please note that extra options are advertised on the breakfast room wall and on a small board on each table. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Coventry
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This hotel is really well placed just minutes from the Opera House and metro station (just off Andrassy Avenue) We spent 4 nights here 21-25 April - a lovely tme to visit as weather pretty good and flowers and lilac everywhere. Our room was on 4th floor - the lift goes to 3rd but it's just a few stairs from there. The room had everything we needed - comfortable bed, large tv, huge wardrobe and chest of drawers. Fridge (including minibar items) 2 ring ceramic hob, kettle and microwave. Cupboard above the sink with cups etc. There is an air conditioning/heating system which looks like a picture on the wall-this stops working when you open the window. We didn't find it too noisy with the window open apart from Wednesday morning when the dustmen came at 6 am! Pretty quiet with window closed. The operating lights on the air con units were a bit bright but not a serious problem. The shower room was compact but beautifully appointed, modern and clean. Mini toiletries provided and towels were big and soft.The hairdryer in the bathroom was pretty good too - much better than others I've had. Breakfast was lovely. Everything from cereals, fruit and yogurt to bacon and scrambled eggs. Lovely bread and rolls, little pastries etc. There are a few restaurants and bars nearby and it's so well placed for getting everywhere. We used a Budapest card (available from the airport and hotel reception) which allowed us to use all forms of public transport which was brilliant - metro, tram, trollybus etc. Would happily return to the Opera Garden asap.

Room Tip: room 407 - 4th floor overlooking the street was lovely.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SusanHCoventry
Dear”SusanHCoventry”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you concerned our location good and the apartments with its all amenities have met your expectations. I was also happy to be heard that you were satisfied with the selections at buffet breakfast. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Only had 1 night at the Opera Garden but it was ideal. Speedy check in and out. Had a deluxe apartment, perfect for 4 adults. Nice touch was a small cake for my wife for her birthday. Only complaint was that the bacon and scrambled eggs were lukewarm and no sign of the champagne at breakfast - maybe because we were up early. Contrary to other reviews no problems in getting a table for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear”Ronnie1909”, Thank you for taking the time to share your comment on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you found Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments an ideal place to stay and we could help to make your wife’s birthday a special occasion. However I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during the breakfast and can assure you that we have already made the necessary actions. Please note that we continuously serve champagne for each day at breakfast. I trust that apart from these shortcomings you had a pleasant stay with us and we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back for a longer period.
Shirley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here with my daughter April 3 -5th 2012 and I wish I had planned a longer stay. The suggested van service from the airport brought us right to the corner of the building the entrance was just steps away. We were greeted warmly and they held my bag for me while I wandered the streets until check in time. They were very helpful and kind upon hearing my daughters’ luggage was lost, they sent up refreshments to cheer us up. The jacuzzi was very clean and enjoyable, the slippers and robes also made us feel very pampered. It was nice to enjoy such a large breakfast with lots of different options and they would make your eggs your way upon request. The sangria in the evening was lovely. The staff made reservations for us at the Gellert Spa and we had a fabulous massage. The neighborhood is lively and there are very good restaurants within walking distance. I had a room facing the pedestrian zone, I did not find the noise of the city to be an issue at all. Super close to Andrassy Street, public transportation. We loved the Opera Garden Hotel, if I am lucky enough to return to Budapest I will most definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear”ScoutnBoo”, I would like to thank you for your honorific comment left on Tripadvisor. It is our pleasure that your stay was like what we are aiming to provide here at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations and were satisfied with the buffet breakfast too. I hope that you will find some time to visit us again in the very near future.
Oxfird
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay for myself and daughter (21) She was very satisfied with everything and couldn't wait to get up and enjoy the fantastic breakfast on offer each morning.It seemed as though the whole place was brand new however I learned it was three years old. The jacuzzi was very relaxing after walking around all day.Rooms were spotlessly clean and beds very comfortable.The staff spoke a high level of English and always acknowledged us. A convenient location just five minutes from the metro and ten minutes from St. Stephen's Basilica. The area nearby felt safe to walk around in during the evening and there were plenty of bars and restaurants in the location.

Room Tip: Decide what are the most important criteria with regards your room choice and make sure you inform t...
1 Thank Anita M
Dear”Anita M”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read all the appreciate words regarding our services and facilities. I was delighted to be heard that your stay was a memorable experience and trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.