“Budapest in September”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #10 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Good Hotel in an excellent location. Decent sized studio room with Kitchen. Would definitely stay here again. the hotel is situated in a pedestrianised zone ( taxis have to drop passengers off at the corner). THe Hotel is next to the opera house and Andrássy Avenue in Pest ( the flat side of Budapest!)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EastLothianDerek
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear”EastLothianDerek”, I would like to thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you concerned our location excellent and were satisfied with your room. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Great hotel. One of the best we've stayed in. Clean, new, just plain great. The breakfast was good, the bed was comfortable. We stayed there with a 2 year old and a 1 year old. The staff was very friendly and we would gladly stay there again. My one complaint was the hot tub - it was not hot at all and was a big disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear”Ehud123”, I would like to thank you for taking your time to leave your excellent comment on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and were satisfied with the services we provide. I was sorry to read that you found the water temperature low in the Jacuzzi. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconveniences this has caused you and please note that we have already made the necessary actions to fix this issue. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

Great location. Great room with air conditioning and really comfortable bed The shower was superb. Polite and helpful staff. Impressive choice at breakfast. Highly recommend it! Only 2 min from opera house and 2 metro lines but in a quiet side street with lovely cafes and bars at hand. All in all, we really enjoyed the hotel and our week in Budapest.

1  Thank Gill P

Dear”Tripadvisor traveler”, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you concerned our location good and were satisfied with your room and its amenities. It was also a pleasure to be heard that buffet breakfast menu have met your expectations. I would like to thank you again for recommending us to other travelers.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We couldn't be happier with the Opera Garden Hotel. Our room (101) was well decorated, clean, and spacious enough to accommodate our 3 people or 4. Some people might find the rooms small but for us there was enough room to unwind after a long day exploring the city. The sauna and the hot tub were a big plus as well. We didn't think we were going to use it, but wound up going there every night to relax and soothe our sore muscles. The most memorable part of our stay at the hotel was the breakfast. I noticed a couple of reviewers said that breakfast was ok or simple, but in our opinion it was one of the best breakfasts we had during our trip throught Budapest, Prague, Geneva, and France. Eggs, meats, cheeses, omelet to order, fruits, cereal, baked goods, yogurts, juices, and wait for it.... Champagne. My boyfriend had a hard time dragging my mom and I out of the breakfast room:)

The staff was very courteous and helpful. We had a small mix up with Szechenyi bath tickets we bought at the hotel. We had 3 coupons for 500 fr off each which hotel accepted with no questions, but when we got to the bath, we were told that the coupons could only be used if you buy tickets at the bath ticket window. We had to pay the difference to cover the coupons amount in order to get in. However, when we called the hotel and explained the situation, the manager apologized and the amount was refunded during the check out at the hotel.
Can't wait to go back to Budapest and stay at the hotel again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Viktoria1980
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear”Viktoria1980”, I would like to thank you for your excellent feedback left on Tripadvisor. It was a great pleasure to read that we could make your stay memorable at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was glad that you were satisfied with your room and could take advantage on our wellness facilities. I was also delighted to be heard that buffet breakfast exceeded your expectations and found hotel staff to be both helpful and hospitable. I do apologize again for that slight mistake on our part regarding the bath tickets and trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I couldn't be more satisfied with my stay at Opera Garden. The hotel is in mint condition, it is located perfectly in one of the best areas of Budapest and last but not least the reception staff where exceptional. They went beyond their duties to ensure my stay was good. I can only recommend and compliment it.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank megamanel
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear”megamanel”, I would like to thank you for your honorific comment left on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you were absolutely satisfied with your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and found reception staff to be both helpful and hospitable. I do appreciate again for recommending us to other travelers.

Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

State of the art hotel. Order the omelettes for breakfast. Very good. Checkin let us into the room early as we were exhausted from travel. We had a split level apartment. Bedroom upstairs and bathroom downstairs. Room 101. Would suggest getting a different room

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear”mosi_10”, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with our buffet breakfast and concerned our location good. I do apologize if the distribution of the apartment caused any inconveniences for you but trust that apart from this you had an enjoyable stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

First time in Opera Garden. The hotel is very well located to explore the city center. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was simple, but nice. Rooms were nice and quiet, we didn't hear any noice from the street wich had some restaurants on it, right under our window. I highly recommend Opera Garden to everyone couples, families, friends, business and solo travelers. The next time I´m flying to Budapest I will absolutely stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna V
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear”AnnaV”, I would like to thank you for taking the time to evaluate us on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you concerned our location good and found hotel staff to be both helpful and hospitable. It was also a pleasure to be heard that you were satisfied with your room and our buffet breakfast. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.