Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
US$216
US$200
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$134
US$154
US$148
  • Room Service
1,733 results
All reviewsmulled winefree sangrial'occitane toiletriessmall bottle of wineroof terracedeluxe apartmentsmall kitchenettelittle toucheshot wingspedestrian streetkitchen areaexcellent hotelst stephen's basilicawithin walking distancebreakfast was deliciousevery eveningbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We spent four nights in the Opera Garden hotel just before Christmas and we thought it was excellent. The staff were friendly, professional and extremely helpful. Each evening they would recommend a restaurant then make a booking for us. Never disappointed. The hotel breakfast was superb. Lots of choice and lots to eat - even a glass of sparkly if wanted! Situated on a quiet street it is also in a superb location. We walked everywhere and then came back to complimentary mulled wine. One evening we (the whole family) enjoyed the hot tub and the sauna situated in the basement of the hotel - cosy and clean and a lovely way to relax at the end of a cold day pacing the streets of Budapest! For us, it was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara P
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear „Sara P”,
Let me thank you very much for your great review on Tripadvisor, which was positive in every possible way. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff and you were satisfied with all the recommended places. I am glad to see that you liked the rich buffet selection together with the sparkling wine at breakfast. I am also happy to read that all of your family enjoyed our Sauna and Jacuzzi after a cold day in the city. I would also like to thank you for pointing out the central location of the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is near the opera and the famous Andrassy street in a pedestrian aerea.It is very close to the centre.The room was very nice and had a modern decoration with a flat tv and a mini bar.The spa was great and the staff very helpfull and friendly.The breakfast was very tasty!Everything was in a walking distance(if you like to walk ofcourse).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vivi s

Dear „vivi s”,
Thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. It is my pleasure to see that your overall experience was far better than you have expected. I am glad to read that you have liked our central location, the layout and the setup of our rooms and our little Fittness area as well. I would also like to thank you for the positive evaluation on the manner and attitude of the staff. As opinions on our breakfast are quite converse, I am proud to see that you were satisfied with our breakfast selection. Should you decide to return to Budapest in the future we would be more than happy to accommodate you again.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Communication was very good starting with our initial booking questions through our final check out. Staff was very helpful (especially Kata) and interactions were concise.

Rates were on the upper end of what we were seeing but the promotional code that was available when booking combined with the free airport transfer offer and very gracious room upgrade, we received excellent value for our money.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Shower stall was on the smaller size (by American standards) only suited for one person.

The location is excellent . The city is very walkable. While the public transportation system is extensive with fair ease of use, soaking in the character of the city through walking the side streets was quite enjoyable. When tired or by preference, the hotel is located in between main transportation lines that provide service to/from the majority of areas we found ourselves in/around during our stay.

One of my favorite things about the hotel was the complimentary afternoon tea. Simple and enjoyable. When I was unable to get to the grocery store to buy some the staff gave me a complimentary bag. Sometimes it's the simple touches that make and experience unforgettable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quentin B
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear „Quentin B”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for your comprehensive comment you have put on Tripadvisor. As the head of front desk I am delighted to read that our reception staff did a good job, and treated you well from the very first moment. Our aim is to take care of each and every guest of ours. I will personally pass your compliments to Kata and to the rest of my colleagues as well. I am happy to learn that you could make a good use of the promotional code and the free Airport transfer we provide in case of direct reservations.
I am also glad to see that you found our room clean and comfortable and also enjoyed the central location of our Hotel. We hope that we can welcome you again during your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is simply fantastic. The place is so clise of everything. The instalation is perfect and there are a very good atmosphere. People who wirks there are very symphatic and polite. The breakfast is the best that I had in Europe. I ate a wobderful bread, the olive bread. I will never forget it.

1  Thank Elbia M

Dear „Elbia M”,
I would like to thank you for your fabulous comment on Tripadvisor. I am proud to see that you have enjoyed the style and the layout of the rooms as well as the service of our staff, and you have particularly emphasized our breakfast selection. The olive bread you enjoyed the most was introduced only three month ago and we are planning to keep it for long .
I am also delighted to learn that Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments was able to give you an all-in buzz. Should you decide to visit Budapest again do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The room, the breakfast, the cleaning, the bed, the location and the service with smile - it was all superb.
We do recommend sharpenning the recommendations at the reception regarding restaurants and thermal baths.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MisterD78
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear „MisterD78”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for the superb review you have posted on Tripadvisor. It was my pleasure to read your short but comprehensive comment. I am glad to read that you have liked and enjoyed your stay in terms of all the important aspects a guest has. I can assure you that we keep on working hard to provide high quality service to all our guests. Let me thank you again for your kind comment, I trust that we will have the chance to welcome you again in the near future.