“Love Opera Garden Hotel”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #10 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I enjoyed so much my stay in Opera Garden Hotel, Staff are very friendly and helpful to the maximum limits. Hotel have good facilities and is very calm and clean. Location is very good which is near by everything u would want.

Thanks for making my vacation a very pleasant one and if i have chance to come back to Budapest i would definitely stay in Opera Garden again and i would recommend to all my friends who are willing to visit Budapest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear „Eltawil”,
Let me thank you very much for taking your time and posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We are all very happy to see that our efforts paid off and we were able to provide a high level of service and make your stay a memorable one. I am glad to read that you liked not only the service of the staff, but you were also satisfied with the comfort and the facilities of your room and with our location as well. We would be more than happy to accommodate you during your next visit to Budapest, if you decide to come, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Using Trip advisor on a regular basis to select hotels to stay in, I felt for the first time to put my thoughts down in writing after staying at the Opera Garden 18th January to 20th January 2014, from the moment we arrived the staff were polite and very helpful. To be fair we arrived b4 1400hrs but this was no problem as our room was ready and we were welcomed to go to our room early, after about 10 minutes we had a phone call from reception asking whether we were happy with our room.

The room was very clean, spacious and bed was very comfortable , the bathroom was of a fair size with a shower cubicle and a decent shower.

Also there was no noise from outside, which was a bit of a concern when we arrived to see our room looked out on one of the local bars.

Breakfast was plentiful with a good choice of yoghurts, bread, cheese, meats and omelettes cooked to order if you wished. Also as a little footnote thanks for the Bucks Fizz at breakfast and the mulled wine at 1600, nice little touch !!

The hotel is located in a reasonably good location not to far from the Opera House and where you can pick up one of the hop on hop off tourist buses.

In all I would certainly stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon H

Dear „John H”,
I would like to thank you very much for taking your time and put down your kind words for the first time on Tripadvisor. We feel honoured that you have considered your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments worth mentioning. I am proud to read that our reception staff gave you a professional welcome. I am also happy to see that you have enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, the size of the bed and your bathroom in every detail and what is more, you have found the room calm and silent. I was also happy to learn that you were satisfied with the buffet breakfast and the complimentary a’la carte selection as well. Should you plan a next visit to Budapest in the near future do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a superior double for 2 nights. Rooms are spacious & clean. They are equipped with kitchen hairdryer good powerful shower & mini toiletries for the shower.

Lots of choice for breakfast including freshly made omlettes upon request. Breakfast was yummy!

Hotel is within walking distance of everywhere i.e. The buda side via the chain bridge, hero's square, st stephens palicia, the opera house & parliment!

Lots if resuarants shoos & bars nearby. Would highly recommend the river cruise dinner. Entertainment is great & food is lovely plus you get to see the beautiful city light up at night!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear „lolipop177”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.It is my pleasure to be seen how much you have enjoyed your visit to Budapest! Thank you for describing our rooms to be both spacious and clean. I am happy that the equipments have met your expectations. Further, I was glad to read that you liked the choice of our breakfast and that you took advantage of the freshly made omlettes. I would like to thank you sincerely for describing our location central. I truly hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

First of all, this is a hotel that shows high quality in everything they do. It is very clean, up to date, the service is excellent (all though the reception manager can be a bit too cold), good breakfast selection. And most of all, the location is central but you don't need to worry about noises from the street. Everything you need for a comfortable weekend trip to Budapest.

When it comes to the rooms, we had the superior room. A good way of using the room would be a large bed, a sitting arrangement and enough space for storage and moving around. But these also includes a fully equipped kitchen, stealing space from the extremely small bathroom. If you want a superior room that meets the same needs as me, you might find this arrangement a bit unuseful. But these are really "luxury problems".

Also, going to Budapest for the thermal baths, this hotel is not very close to anything. You can take the subway and change to another one, but all the good ones are on the other side of the river (except the big Széchenyi). We ended up enjoying the jacuzzi of the hotel in stead of the fuzz of getting to the other side of the river in the cold december climate.

If you are in Budapest for the Opera, long walks, sightseeing or business, this is the place to stay. Everything you need will be within walking distance and the city block is welcoming and calm.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elisajan

Dear „Elisajan”,
I would like to thank you for sharing your honest comment on TripAdvisor. I cannot be grateful enough for your kind words regarding the cleanliness and the service of our staff. Please note that none of the staff members can afford to be cold therefore I will look into this matter to avoide similar situations in the future. We try to make every guest feel at home by being helpful and attentive. Thank you for describing the room so detailed. Please note that as a boutique hotel all the rooms we have are different and equipped with kitchen which might be useful for a longer stay. Let me thank you again for all your kind words. I hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We spent four nights in the Opera Garden hotel just before Christmas and we thought it was excellent. The staff were friendly, professional and extremely helpful. Each evening they would recommend a restaurant then make a booking for us. Never disappointed. The hotel breakfast was superb. Lots of choice and lots to eat - even a glass of sparkly if wanted! Situated on a quiet street it is also in a superb location. We walked everywhere and then came back to complimentary mulled wine. One evening we (the whole family) enjoyed the hot tub and the sauna situated in the basement of the hotel - cosy and clean and a lovely way to relax at the end of a cold day pacing the streets of Budapest! For us, it was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara P

Dear „Sara P”,
Let me thank you very much for your great review on Tripadvisor, which was positive in every possible way. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff and you were satisfied with all the recommended places. I am glad to see that you liked the rich buffet selection together with the sparkling wine at breakfast. I am also happy to read that all of your family enjoyed our Sauna and Jacuzzi after a cold day in the city. I would also like to thank you for pointing out the central location of the Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is near the opera and the famous Andrassy street in a pedestrian aerea.It is very close to the centre.The room was very nice and had a modern decoration with a flat tv and a mini bar.The spa was great and the staff very helpfull and friendly.The breakfast was very tasty!Everything was in a walking distance(if you like to walk ofcourse).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vivi s

Dear „vivi s”,
Thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. It is my pleasure to see that your overall experience was far better than you have expected. I am glad to read that you have liked our central location, the layout and the setup of our rooms and our little Fittness area as well. I would also like to thank you for the positive evaluation on the manner and attitude of the staff. As opinions on our breakfast are quite converse, I am proud to see that you were satisfied with our breakfast selection. Should you decide to return to Budapest in the future we would be more than happy to accommodate you again.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Communication was very good starting with our initial booking questions through our final check out. Staff was very helpful (especially Kata) and interactions were concise.

Rates were on the upper end of what we were seeing but the promotional code that was available when booking combined with the free airport transfer offer and very gracious room upgrade, we received excellent value for our money.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Shower stall was on the smaller size (by American standards) only suited for one person.

The location is excellent . The city is very walkable. While the public transportation system is extensive with fair ease of use, soaking in the character of the city through walking the side streets was quite enjoyable. When tired or by preference, the hotel is located in between main transportation lines that provide service to/from the majority of areas we found ourselves in/around during our stay.

One of my favorite things about the hotel was the complimentary afternoon tea. Simple and enjoyable. When I was unable to get to the grocery store to buy some the staff gave me a complimentary bag. Sometimes it's the simple touches that make and experience unforgettable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quentin B
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear „Quentin B”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for your comprehensive comment you have put on Tripadvisor. As the head of front desk I am delighted to read that our reception staff did a good job, and treated you well from the very first moment. Our aim is to take care of each and every guest of ours. I will personally pass your compliments to Kata and to the rest of my colleagues as well. I am happy to learn that you could make a good use of the promotional code and the free Airport transfer we provide in case of direct reservations.
I am also glad to see that you found our room clean and comfortable and also enjoyed the central location of our Hotel. We hope that we can welcome you again during your next visit to Budapest.