“Great stay”

Ranked #10 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Vancouver, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here in early February. The room was spacious and lovely. The hotel staff were very helpful. It was centrally located and it was walking distance to most of the sites. The breakfast wasn't great and the cleaning staff were a little too eager to clean our room early in the morning the first day we stayed there. The minibar was very reasonably priced and it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear „Lorna_1710”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that you liked your spacious room as well as our strategic location and enjoyed the hospitality of our staff.
I was really sorry to read that you were not satisfied with our breakfast. Let me call your kind attention that according to the continuous innovation we keep on expanding the range of expected complimentary breakfast items to make our guest’s morning great. Regarding to the cleaning staff I can assure you that I will look into the issue you wrote and we will make the necessary adjustments to avoid similar situations in the future. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Really enjoyed the Opera Gardens.The people couldn't have been more good natured and helpful.
Great points: the hot tub, just ask for a dressing gown & slippers. As the hotel has typically Budapest style construction, open interior courtyard with walkways from the lift to the bedroom areas, you will need them.
Fantasically clean a real credit to the housekeeping staff.
Good sound proofed windows that really open- if like me you find most hotel rooms unbearably stuff and warm, it really makes a difference.
Good lively area, with plenty going on without being full on - which make the sound proofing important, but this is a city hotel not a rural retreat. The fact that its in a pedestrian only area is a real bonus . Loved it .

Dear „harpo1000”,
I would like to thank you for choosing Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments for your stay in Budapest. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience with us. I am really proud to read that you were satisfied with the service of our staff. Thorough cleaning is a must for Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and I thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of your room. I would like to thank you for mentioning the soundproof windows to other travelers. Your superb review is highly appreciated. Should you plan a next visit back to Budapest, please feel free to contact me directly.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our time at the Opera Garden. The location on the pest side was great- very close to the metro station, St Stephen's Basilica and a short walk to the river.

Our room had everything we needed, was nice to have a little kitchen and table area.

The breakfast was really good, lots of choice and everything cooked well. The staff throughout the whole of the hotel were attentive and friendly- they really put effort in and took pride in their job.

Great extras/ perks of the hotel was the 'wellness' area- fantastic jacuzzi to come back to after a days sight seeing- we rang reception and 2 robes and pairs of slippers were brought to our room straight away. The complimentary tea in the day and mulled wine after 4pm was a nice touch.

You have to seek out restaurants and bars around the hotel but there are quite a lot dotted about.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if anyone was visiting Budapest.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear „kirste24”,
First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments for your stay in Budapest and for the time taken to share your review on your experience. I was happy to see that you liked our central location and that you were also satisfied with size and the comfort of your room. I was delighted to read your comments on the work of our staff. As you have experienced we provide the little extra touches like bathrobes and slippers upon request and free tea and mulled wine throughout the day to make our guest’s stay even more comfortable. At last but not least let me thank you again for your recommending words. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan a next visit to Budapest.
Peacehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

A very clean and comfortable hotel in an ideal location for exploring the city. All the staff were very helpful, courteous and friendly. I would recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again when in Budapest.

Room Tip: Hotel is located in a pedestrian only street so relatively quiet even with window open!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear „greywanderer2014”,
First of all I would like to thank you very much for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see that you found our location ideal for exploring Budapest. Further, I was happy to read that you described our staff to be both helpful and friendly. Thank you very much for recommending Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments to other travellers.
Vineland, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hotel itself is nice and in a good location. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and clean. The physical aspects of the hotel are all very good. What made this hotel excellent in my mind was the level of help we received from the staff, especially at the front desk. They went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant. A hotel is only a building, it is the people who work there that create the "feel" of the place. This hotel is excellent because of the caring and professional staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear „thomaskisses”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for posting your excellent comment of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see that you liked your room and that the cleanliness of the hotel met your expectations. I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words regarding our front desk staff. It was my pleasure to read that we could make your stay memorable. I truly hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the not-too-distant future.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend.This place is fantastic.Great staff great rooms,the breakfast is excellent.Central location.You could not ask for any more than this hotel.Will be going back again.If You have plans to go to Budapest, stay here.The city is beautiful enjoyed my time there

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear „Zitziubummer”,
Thank you very much for choosing Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments for your city break. I am glad to read your superb review left for the Tripadvisor readers. It made me happy and also proud to read that we were able to live up to your expectations in all aspects and you had enjoyed your time in our Hotel. I especially would like to thank you for pointing out our strengths. Your positive review is highly appreciated and I truly hope that we will have the chance of welcoming you back again!
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel has the best value for the money Ive paid. We spend four nights in a beautiful small room in the 4th floor (therefore sunny and silent) and were really happy about everything. The service was great and nice, the breakfast also and even the cleaning stuff was pretty nice! Its amazing to see how much attention those people paid for their guests.

Tip for TV junks: Bring your own Apple TV (or whatever), because the fast internet connection allows to stream TV directly to your mobile device. The basic TV program isn't that good..

Room Tip: I would ask for a room in the upper floors, because some have their windows to the inner courtyard...
Dear „bruns-berlin”,
I am extremely happy that you liked your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Your kind praising remark regarding the work of the reception in our Hotel is much appreciated and very motivating for us to continue delivering the highest level of service.
I was really happy to read that you have highlighted the work of our Housekeeping staff, and our good breakfast selection. I would also like to thank you for honouring our Hotel with your generous remark as the best value you have ever had. Should you decide to return to Budapest again, do not hesitate to contact me directly.