Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
US$119
US$77
US$75
  • Breakfast included
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$116
US$104
1,747 results
All reviewsmulled winefree sangrial'occitane toiletriessmall bottle of wineroof terracedeluxe apartmentsmall kitchenettelittle toucheshot wingspedestrian streetkitchen areaexcellent hotelst stephen's basilicawithin walking distancebreakfast was deliciousevery eveningbreakfast room
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Opera Garden Hotel for four nights at the beginning of April 2014.
The location was perfect; 10 minutes from the Parliament and 5 minutes from St Stephen's Basilica on a pedestrianized street. The staff were all very helpful; nothing was too much trouble. There was a wide selection of food at breakfast, from homemade yogurt to scrambled eggs and bacon. The room (203) had all the facilities you could need; a fridge, a safe, a TV and wi-fi all at no extra cost.

There were two very small issues; the breakfast room was a bit small but we could always get a table and the air conditioning didn’t seem to cool the room very well but that was probably my fault for not being able to operate it correctly. I am sure if we had really needed it the staff would have shown us how to operate it correctly.

This is the first 4 star hotel we have stayed at in the last couple of years that has lived up to the 4 star rating (and exceeded it). We would have no hestitation in booking this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear „t_n_f”,
I cannot be grateful enough for your superb post on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to see how much you have enjoyed our central location in the downtown of Pest. I was also glad to learn that besides the service of our staff you were also satisfied with the breakfast selection and the amenities of your room. Regarding your comment about the air conditioning let me highlight that this could have been easily solved by our staff. As our main goal is to provide a perfect stay in a memorable environment it makes me really proud to read that Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments was able to live up to your expectations and what is more we exceeded them. Should you decide to visit Budapest again do not hesitate to turn to me directly.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Stay 4 nights, the hotel is clean and tidy. Excellent breakfast, great room has a roof terrace. Superb hotel
location. 2 Min' walk from the main street and the Basile. The hotel staff were kind and nice, they help with all we need. The price was includ airport transfer, we didn't check the spa

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear „Eyal T”,
I do appreciate your short but comprehensive review you left on TripAdvisor about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It made me happy to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and the location of the Hotel and you were pleased with our breakfast selection and the roof-top terrace as well. It made me personally proud that you enjoyed the service of our dedicated staff. Your praising words are highly appreciated. We look forward welcoming you back in case your plans bring you back to Budapest.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our family traveled to Europe for the first time and finished the trip at the Opera Garden in Budapest. We had read good reviews on Tripadvisor so expected a nice visit but were pleasantly surprised that the service far surpassed our expectations. The room was very clean, comfortable, with good wifi, and the hotel conveniently located to the metro and sights of Budapest. This is our very first tripadvisor review and we couldn't be more pleased to recommend the Opera Garden. If we ever return, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MNChrisR

Dear „MNChrisR”,
I would like to thank you very much for your kind post on TripAdvisor about your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you made studies before arrival and we were exceed your expectations in terms of the level of service. It was great to read that you highlighted our location and you found your room clean and comfortable. It makes me really proud that we were able to provide you an experience which was worth to leave your first TripAdvisor comment about it. Let me thank you again for your recommendation, we cannot wait to welcome you back again at our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very well located, the staff is amazing, the breakfast generous and diverse, they even serve for free hot tea during the days and hot wine in the evenings! Whereas the design might revise a little the colouring (we expect from a boutique hotel to be more colourful and diverse) it remains a very nice place to spend your time, get rest, eat well, enjoy good comfort of the room, have access to nice facilities such as sauna and jacuzzi, even eat an icecream in the room (yes, besides the kitchen with all ameneities, the fridge has also icecream). And again, the staff is amaizing... any hotel might learn from such an approach - client oriented, smiling and polite, keen to help at any moment and with any request! Great experience

Room Tip: The executive rooms are the best. Be sure the small amount you will pay for it worths a lot!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear „Mihai M”,
Let me thank you very much for your superb review you posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all the amenities and the little touches from us. I was also happy to learn that you liked the style of your room. As we have different style of rooms on every floor, let me assure you that upon your next visit we will give you the most colourful room we have. It made me really proud reading your kind words regarding to our Front Desk Staff. Thank you for describing them to be amazing, polite and helpful. Should you decide to visit Budapest again please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed for five days while having dental treatment in Budapest. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful and sympathetic. Small extra were all produced as soon as asked for, as were room meals even at busy times.

When I finally felt OK to explore the city, the front desk staff were very helpful. The location was great - only 10 mins walk to the bus stop for rides to the Castle, good shops, bistros and bars all around and a quick 4 stops on the Metro (well explained by the desk staff) to the Central Market (best thing I found while exploring).

The room inself (3rd floor, street side) was brilliant and though there was the occasional sound from outside during the evening or from inside during the day, they weren't intrusive.

Comfy bed, good sized TV, small kitchen were all good too.

Cannot recommend Opera Garden highly enough.

Room Tip: The higher up the better - hardly rocket science in a city.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Banjax2003
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear „Banjax2003”,
First and foremost allow me to thank you very much for your kind comment you have left on Tripadvisor about your recent sty at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. All your kind words on our Front Desk Staff are highly appreciated. I was pleased to read that they could be at your service during your stay and you described them to be helpful. It was my pleasure to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your room. I would also like to thank you for highlighting our central location to other travellers. I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the near future.