“awesome value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
“awesome value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Absolutely awesome. Internet and breakfast were included in A reasonable price. The rooms are modern, and clean. It comes with apartment like amenities, Micro wave, stove, kitchen ware. All this in the center of everything. This was a great find for us.

Room Tip: Book as early as you can
1 Thank Lacharles J
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear „Lacharles J”
I would like to thank you for your kind comment you left on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was glad to see your words of satisfaction about your well appointed and well equipped room. It was also good to read that you were satisfied with the services included in the price such as the breakfast and internet connection throughout the whole building. I was happy to see that you enjoyed the location and being in the middle of downtown Pest. Your kind post is truly appreciated. When planning your next trip to Budapest, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

From start to finish, it was a great little hotel. Perfect location very close to the centre of Budapest.
The hotel is extremely well appointed, and the staff were great 10/10. Great breakfast, a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris A
Dear „Chris A”,
Let me thank you very much for your great comment about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read your praising words about the overall condition of our hotel. It made me personally proud that you were so satisfied with the service of the entire team. I was also happy to learn that we were able to provide a truly enjoyable stay. Should you decide to visit Budapest in the future we would be honoured if we could welcome you back in the near future.
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed in 2 rooms for 2 nights. Checking in was very pleasant and fast. Rooms are beautifully appointed and super clean. Agree with everyone who noted that this is a 4 * hotel which meets and exceeds expectations. Breakfast is very good, location super convenient and staff friendly and helpful. Wi-fi is strong and stable. Beds are hard but that's a matter of preference (I happen to like it).

I called the property to book the rooms last minute (evening before) and was told that they're fully booked. I instantly went to booking.com and was able to book 2 rooms.

A minor thing: we left "please do not disturb" note on both doors before we left one morning because we didn't want the rooms cleaned and yet, upon our return, rooms were cleaned. Not sure why is that, we didn't bother to ask as we weren't unhappy about that, merely surprised.

We will never look for another place if we ever visit Budapest again.

Small place right next door serves amazing quality coffee (we tried espresso and cappuccino). Take this from a real coffee connoisseur :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear „sadeia”,
First and foremost let me thank you very much for the magnificent review you left on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It made me happy that you have enjoyed the comfort and the cleanliness of the room, and liked our rich breakfast selection and the service of our staff. I was happy to read that you highlighted our central location and the reliable Wi-fi connection we provide free of charge. I am sorry about the do not disturb issue as we take it really seriously not to disturb our Guests. I can assure you that I will personally talk to the Housekeeping Manager to check what could happen as we have never opened the door with the “do not disturb” sign. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit to Budapest. I would be glad to welcome you back to our hotel.
Falkirk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Opera Garden Hotel for four nights at the beginning of April 2014.
The location was perfect; 10 minutes from the Parliament and 5 minutes from St Stephen's Basilica on a pedestrianized street. The staff were all very helpful; nothing was too much trouble. There was a wide selection of food at breakfast, from homemade yogurt to scrambled eggs and bacon. The room (203) had all the facilities you could need; a fridge, a safe, a TV and wi-fi all at no extra cost.

There were two very small issues; the breakfast room was a bit small but we could always get a table and the air conditioning didn’t seem to cool the room very well but that was probably my fault for not being able to operate it correctly. I am sure if we had really needed it the staff would have shown us how to operate it correctly.

This is the first 4 star hotel we have stayed at in the last couple of years that has lived up to the 4 star rating (and exceeded it). We would have no hestitation in booking this hotel again.

Dear „t_n_f”,
I cannot be grateful enough for your superb post on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to see how much you have enjoyed our central location in the downtown of Pest. I was also glad to learn that besides the service of our staff you were also satisfied with the breakfast selection and the amenities of your room. Regarding your comment about the air conditioning let me highlight that this could have been easily solved by our staff. As our main goal is to provide a perfect stay in a memorable environment it makes me really proud to read that Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments was able to live up to your expectations and what is more we exceeded them. Should you decide to visit Budapest again do not hesitate to turn to me directly.
Holon, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Stay 4 nights, the hotel is clean and tidy. Excellent breakfast, great room has a roof terrace. Superb hotel
location. 2 Min' walk from the main street and the Basile. The hotel staff were kind and nice, they help with all we need. The price was includ airport transfer, we didn't check the spa

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear „Eyal T”,
I do appreciate your short but comprehensive review you left on TripAdvisor about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It made me happy to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and the location of the Hotel and you were pleased with our breakfast selection and the roof-top terrace as well. It made me personally proud that you enjoyed the service of our dedicated staff. Your praising words are highly appreciated. We look forward welcoming you back in case your plans bring you back to Budapest.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Our family traveled to Europe for the first time and finished the trip at the Opera Garden in Budapest. We had read good reviews on Tripadvisor so expected a nice visit but were pleasantly surprised that the service far surpassed our expectations. The room was very clean, comfortable, with good wifi, and the hotel conveniently located to the metro and sights of Budapest. This is our very first tripadvisor review and we couldn't be more pleased to recommend the Opera Garden. If we ever return, we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MNChrisR
Dear „MNChrisR”,
I would like to thank you very much for your kind post on TripAdvisor about your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you made studies before arrival and we were exceed your expectations in terms of the level of service. It was great to read that you highlighted our location and you found your room clean and comfortable. It makes me really proud that we were able to provide you an experience which was worth to leave your first TripAdvisor comment about it. Let me thank you again for your recommendation, we cannot wait to welcome you back again at our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Very well located, the staff is amazing, the breakfast generous and diverse, they even serve for free hot tea during the days and hot wine in the evenings! Whereas the design might revise a little the colouring (we expect from a boutique hotel to be more colourful and diverse) it remains a very nice place to spend your time, get rest, eat well, enjoy good comfort of the room, have access to nice facilities such as sauna and jacuzzi, even eat an icecream in the room (yes, besides the kitchen with all ameneities, the fridge has also icecream). And again, the staff is amaizing... any hotel might learn from such an approach - client oriented, smiling and polite, keen to help at any moment and with any request! Great experience

Room Tip: The executive rooms are the best. Be sure the small amount you will pay for it worths a lot!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear „Mihai M”,
Let me thank you very much for your superb review you posted on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all the amenities and the little touches from us. I was also happy to learn that you liked the style of your room. As we have different style of rooms on every floor, let me assure you that upon your next visit we will give you the most colourful room we have. It made me really proud reading your kind words regarding to our Front Desk Staff. Thank you for describing them to be amazing, polite and helpful. Should you decide to visit Budapest again please feel free to contact me directly.