Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
US$85
US$140
US$119
  • Pool
La Prima Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
US$116
US$104
1,746 results
All reviewsmulled winefree sangrial'occitane toiletriessmall bottle of wineroof terracedeluxe apartmentsmall kitchenettelittle toucheshot wingspedestrian streetkitchen areaexcellent hotelst stephen's basilicawithin walking distancebreakfast was deliciousevery eveningbreakfast room
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This small hotel is in an exceptionally good and quiet location near to the Opera House. Very friendly and helpful staff who can advise of restaurants and must see sights. A stylish room with all facilities breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear „GillySouthampton”,
I would like to thank you very much for your kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and you enjoyed the style and facilities of your room as well as the central location of the hotel. I was personally proud to see that you highlighted the service oriented attitude of our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel combines outstanding quality and service with cozyness. If you want quality without the pomposity of typical 4-5 star hotels, this is your choice!
The two bedroom apartment was spacious and modern. The very own kitchen makes it possible to stay for a long time. There was hardly any traffic noise.
Even though the hotel is not situated a few kilometers from the main attractions of Budapest, it is located between two metro lines (M1 and M3), thus giving excellent access to the airport nad the whole city.
Breakfast was one of the best I've evers had and the staff made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear „PetriSuominen”,
Thank you for your kind words posted on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that overall you were satisfied with the location and the style of our hotel’s décor, as well as with the level of the service of our staff. Let me thank you for mentioning the well equipped kitchenette, as well as the rich breakfast selection we offer. I honestly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

On a business trip in May 2014, spending four nights in the hotel. The place is very well located, just a few blocks from the opera. The whole building appears to be recently fully renovated, so everything looks modern and clean. The rooms are huge (note: European standards) but because the building is old, they do seem to vary a bit in size and shape, making the hotel more personal and unique experience than many others. The breakfast was very good; the space is small and there are not millions of variations in it but you can order your own omelet and eat their custom-made yoghurts.

But then to the few annoyances. First the airconditioning: in my room it blew just above the bed. If your turn it down, you will hear everything from the street. The street is normally very quiet, but that actually makes it worse; if there is any noise, you will be certain to pay attention to it. So in order to make the room perfect either windows of the air conditioning should have been fixed.

Then the check in incidence of my colleague traveling with us. We had a group of five traveling at the same time. There was a bit of hassle when we all checked in at the same time, and quite soon after we had settled down she gets a call from the reception that she needs to move to another room next day because of the maintenance or whatever reason. It turned out that the new room was smaller and much darker with a small window. It may be that she originally got too good room but you just don't downgrade a room for a mistake of the staff, even if the visitor is a young woman from another European country. But of course it does not end here: the next day it turns out that the new room has a sort of plumbing problem. The problem was soon fixed but instead of for instance changing her room (or upgrading it) they compensated the trouble with a wine bottle. A nice gesture but sometimes just a gesture is not enough, especially in a hotel that according to Budapest standards was not one of the cheapest ones.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ExoB
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear ExoB,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was pleased to see that our location and also the style and comfort of your room have met your expectations. Further I was happy to see that you described our breakfast very good and that you could take advantage of our extra menu.
Regarding your evaluation about the air-conditioning let me highlight that it can be turned off anytime and all the windows we have are sound-proof therefore a good night sleep is assured. Certainly we accept that our central location is not perfect for light sleepers however we have some courtyard rooms for them to avoid any noise. For request we immediate make actions if any guest problem occurs and we are informed about it.
According to your comment of the incidence with your colleague let me inform you that an unexpected technical issue occurred therefore we had to empty her room on the next day. Let me highlight that no mistake happened. The other room we offered was also the same category nice Executive room. Unfortunately your colleague did not report anything to us regarding the size of the other room. If we had been informed another room would have been offered immediately. However I deeply understand that this could cause inconveniences for your colleague and please accept my sincerest apologies again. I am also sorry about the plumbing problem. Please note that we take all the complaints very seriously and we respond promptly to all comments therefore this issue was solved immediately.
I would be happy to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments to show you that our aim is to fulfil all of your requests and to make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Lovely clean, modern hotel in a great location! Room was spacious and modern, but you also felt the old world charm of the city. Easy walking distance to everything. It had a little kitchen which was nice. Breakfast was good and staff was very accommodating. We highly recommend this hotel and would go back. Great value as well. We also had dinner at a charming restaurant called - PILVAX BISZTRO (Address Pilvax Koz 3) We just found it when we were walking around, but loved it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear „SZKlein”,
Let me thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on Tripadvisor. It was my pleasure to reas that you liked the downtown location and enjoyed the cleanliness and the comfort of your room. I was happy to see that you highlighted the breakfast we offer and the service of our staff. Should you plan your next visit to Budapest, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

As a party of 5 we booked 1 double room and an apartment and we all enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were spotless and the beds were comfy. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff from providing additional hairdryers, making a restaurant recommendation (which turned out to be excellent), confirming our airport transfer and providing additional pillows late at night from their pillow menu. There were other little touches too to enjoy after returning from a day's sightseeing from a jug of sangria and bowl of fruit left near the lift. We booked the hotel 5 months in advance of our visit and got an excellent value for money deal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear „wilsherewoman”,
I cannot be grateful enough for your great review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you found the rooms spotless clean and enjoyed staying in our double room and in the apartment as well. Your words about the attitude and the service of the staff made me truly happy. I would especially like to that you for mentioning the extra amenities like the sangria and the fruit by the elevator, and those are available upon request such as the additional hair dryer or the pillows from the pillow menu. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the near future.