“Very modern”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #10 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great hotel .Very clean, breakfast was excellent .Staff very friendly and helpful
Would stay there again.TV set had lots of stations for a change
My wife enjoyed the Sangria. Decor of hotel very artisticly done

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank littlescotch
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear „littlescotch”,
Let me tell you that I was fascinated reading your great review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I would like to thank you for highlighting the decor and style of the building along with the cleanliness of our hotel and our rich breakfast selection. I am very pleased that you mentioned the level of service and the friendliness of our staff. I would especially like to thank you for your comment regarding the wide selection of TV channels. Your kind comment is much appreciated, we would be happy if we could welcome you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,678)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Immaculately clean, with modern, no-fuss décor. Lovely rooms with all amenities, including microwave, kettle, minibar, complimentary snacks, hairdryer, l'Occitane toiletries etc. Good buffet breakfast with a huge choice, including champagne. Roof terrace. Sauna and Jacuzzi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen C

Dear „Helen C”,
I would like to thank you very much for you kind review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my pleasure to read that you enjoyed the style and the overall cleanliness of our hotel. I was glad to see that you were happy with the amenities we provide in our rooms and with the small details and the little touches available for all of our guests. It was also great to note that you could make a good use of our roof-top terrace and enjoyed the little fitness area with the sauna and Jacuzzi. We would be honoured to welcome you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in an apartment that sleeps 4. The value was amazing £343 for two nights. The room was modern, clean, excellent bathroom, very comfy bed, fantastic shower, amenities were excellent in the room. It is in a great location. The thing that was above and beyond were the small details! This hotel really know how to make you feel valued, they go the extra mile (Sangera m, cookies, quote of the day, fruit, water). Staff are brilliant, cannot do enough for you. Fantastic place!! Good breakfast, modern and trendy! Loved it a definite recommendation!! Hope this is a useful review? Please let me know if you found it helpful?

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SakeSake

Dear „SakeSake”,
First and foremost let me thank you for the fabulous review you left on Tripadvisor about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my greatest pleasure to learn that you enjoyed every detail of your stay and we were able to provide an experience that exceeded your expectations and even more. It made me really proud to read that you felt valued and also noted the hard and efficient work of our staff. Our aim is to seek maximum guest satisfaction and getting such review makes us very happy. When planning your next visit to Budapest do not hesitate to contact me directly, we would be honoured to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a walking distance from Szent Istvan Church, Danube River, Szechenyi Bridge and many upscale stores of known brands. As it is in a pedestrian area, the second floor rooms are very silent. There is a solarium on the forth floor but the elevator doesn't reach this level and its rooms. We had a few problems like the shampoo dispenser that did not work properly and the exhaustion system of the bathroom that was very noisy and didn't turn off all night long and started to work by itself in the middle of the night. There was also an electric socket near the working table that did not work and they seemed not to be able to fix it even after I warned them about the problems after the first night. Breakfast is very complete and we could order many items in the menu besides what was already in display. As the space is small, they could also serve in the outside tables. The overall impression was good and probably I would recommend to a friend as all issues are easily solved.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear „Mixtraveling”,
I would like to thank you very much for your kind review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the central location of the Hotel, and the calm neighbourhood granted you peaceful stay. As 100% guest satisfaction is our main goal we are very keen on fixing every issues reported by the guests. We have investigated the bathroom ventilation and we honestly do not know what the problem was. We found that there is no way for the ventilation to start by itself. Such issue was not reported ever since. We changed the dispenser immediately after we read this comment and we checked in every room every day since then not to happen again. Let me highlight that we really would like to sort things out. It was my pleasure to read that you also liked the rich buffet breakfast selection along with the items from the menu, and enjoyed sitting outside whilst having breakfast. I would like to thank you again for the honest review, your comment is appreciated. We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Opera Garden Hotel for four nights last week with my mom and sister. The location was excellent, within walking distance to many of the highlights on the Pest side of the river. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts were very good. The staff even prepared abundant breakfast boxes (to go) on the morning of our departure, since we had to leave for the airport before breakfast was served. We are very happy we chose to stay at this wonderful hotel, and would definitely recommend it and stay again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear „Silvana541”,
Let me thank you for leaving your great post on your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It makes truly happy that we were able to make your and the rest of your families’ stay a memorable one. It was my pleasure to read that you enjoyed our favourable location and liked the size and the comfort of your room as well. It made proud to learn that our staff served you well and cared about the breakfast boxes as well. Your praising words are highly appreciated. Again thank you for recommending us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was looking for a great small locals hotel. I found it. Great rooms, comfy beds and wonderful people. Convenient location, good food... It is a winner. This is a tourist hotel price, boutique HOTEL experience. The desk acts as a concierge, breakfast is wonderful, room service and beautifully decorated. This is a big YES!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear „skier003”,
Let me thank you very much for your superb post on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my pleasure to see how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I was delighted to read that our staff made your stay memorable and you liked the style of the hotel and our services so much. Your commending words are much appreciated. We would be more than happy to welcome you back anytime in the future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Opera Garden hotel for 3 nights. Good size room, very clean, useful kitchen and mini-fridge, friendly and helpful hotel staff, great breakfast (excellent yogurt!) and very convenient location near main attractions. For sure I recommend and would stay here again!

The only negatives were:
A) Bathroom size could be bigger. Shower area is very tight. It is a new bathroom, though, and it is kept very clean.
B) Window curtain blackout lets daylight go in. This was annoying in the mornings and we had to use a sleeping eye mask.

As a suggestion to those visiting Budapest, we hired bycicles at the nearby YellowZebra bike rental. Very convenient for visiting different places in the city! And, you can keep them overnight as the Opera Garden Hotel has an internal patio where you can park the bikes.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear „Claudio C”,
Thank you very much for leaving your kind review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the clean and well equipped room along with the service of our staff and the rich breakfast selection. Regarding your comment about the size of the bathroom let me highlight that as a boutique hotel all the rooms we have are different. I can assure you that I will provide you a room with a larger bathroom should you visit us in the future. I would like to encourage all of our guests to report every issue like the courtain let the sun goes through to help you avoid it and let you stay in comfort. Let me highlight that no issue like this was reported before however we will double check all our rooms to guarantee a good night sleep to all our guests. I would like to thank you for providing such helpful tips for those who are planning to explore Budapest with a bicycle. Let me thank you again for staying with us and for recommending our hotel on Tripadvisor. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the not too distant future.