“Mimosas for breakfast, sangria in the afternoon”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #10 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

What can we say, we loved this hotel. To start with it has a prime location. And then you have all the add-ons!
First of all the amazing breakfast, that includes mimosas (whats not to love)
Secondly the amazing service! We were welcomed with a bottle of champagne just for downloading their amazing app!
Then you have a very nice and welcomed sangria/cookie bar in the afternoon and to top it all the friendliest staff!!! And I haven't even started on the room, which is amazing, roomy and comfortable.
I wish I could give it an excellent, but the size of the bathroom and shower are too small, my husband couldn't really fit in the shower and every time would flood the entire bathroom!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear „Monoculoelegante”,
Firstly let me thank you very much for your comprehensive review of your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with almost every detail of your stay and highlighted the rich buffet breakfast selection and the little touches we provide. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our Smartphone Application available free of charge, which is an easy to use and very modern tool of communication. I was also glad to see that you enjoyed the style, the size and the comfort of your room; however I was sorry to read that the size of the shower did not meet your expectations. I forwarded your notice about the mimosas to our Housekeeping to take the necessary steps. Please feel free to contact me directly should you visit Budapest again and I will provide you a different room with a different size of bathroom.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My mom and I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it! The staff was extremely helpful and got our room ready early as we were arrived from Vienna in the morning. The hotel was in a great location and we walked everywhere. There was a bar close by that could get a little loud, but it didn't bother either of us.

We were surprised to find the roof area was a little lounge, and was a great place to relax at the end of the day with the hot mulled wine you could find complementary in the lobby.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear „Elyse A”,
I would like to thank you very much for your great review and rating about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on Tripadvisor. I was thrilled reading that you enjoyed your stay so much and we were able to exceed your expectations. Further, I was happy to learn from your post that you liked our central location and also enjoyed the little touches we provide free of charge. Last but not least I would like to thank you for mentioning the roof-top terrace which is a nice area to relax indeed. Should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest we would be honoured to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights. The rooms were great and clean. Not too fond of the mattresses as they were very hard but we managed by getting extra pillows that were provided by the hotel staff. Location is great just around the corner from the gorgeous Opera building.
Make sure to check the great coffee place next to the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TvKNL

Dear „TvKNL”,
First and foremost let me thank you for taking your valuable time and posting your review on TripAdvisor. It was my pleasure to read that you found your room great and clean. At the same time I was sorry to see that you rated us only 3 out of 5. As you highlighted the mattress could have caused you some discomfort. I would like to take the opportunity and emphasize that in case someone finds the mattress too hard we have some extra soft cover mattresses those we provide free of charge upon request. I am sorry that you have not informed us about your discomfort, because we could have solved it easily. As we are very keen on 100% guest satisfaction, hereby I would encourage every future guest to come to us and report any disturbing issues. We will do our best to solve all the problems may arise. I hope that we can welcome you back and provide an excellent stay in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was my second visit to the hotel and it served to confirm my opinion of what a fabulous place the hotel is. Firstly, the location is ideally situated within walking distance to many of the main attractions in the city, however, the fact that it is sited in a pedestrianized street also means that you do not have to suffer traffic noise. The staff on reception could not be more accommodating. They proved to be extremely helpful and courteous at all times with exceptional language skills. Rooms have been decorated in a modern, tasteful manner and fittings are of a good quality. The whole hotel is spotlessly clean and well appointed. There is a wide variety of food laid out in the self service dining room for breakfast. Good presentation of the food and items are continually topped up by the staff on duty. I was able to take advantage of the sun terrace on my last visit and it is a super place to sit and read or watch the wide screen television. There is also a lovely view of the skyline with St Stephen's Basilica in the distance. In my opinion Opera Garden is the only place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sel666
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear „Sel666”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for sharing your fabulous comment on TripAdvisor about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my greatest pleasure to learn from your comment that we were able exceed your expectations and made you feel even better than we did for the first time. I was glad to see that you highlighted the quiet pedestrian neighbourhood, the well appointed and clean rooms and the wide variety of our breakfast selection. I was very proud to see that you stressed the service and the language skills of our reception staff. I would especially like to thank you for featuring the roof-top terrace which is a nice little place to take a rest indeed. Your commending words are much appreciated. We cannot wait to welcome you back for your next visit. Please make sure to contact me directly before making your next reservation.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed for just one night but it was a very nice experience. The staff was nice and helpful, the room was comfortable and modern, nicely decorated. The breakfast was good. Also location is very good, pretty close to all major attractions in Budapest.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear „Cristian I”,
I do appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts about your recent experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words regarding work of our staff. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the decor and the comfort of your room and you found the room modern at the same time. I was also glad to learn from your comment that you liked our breakfast and found our location central enough close to the major attractions in the city. Should you decide to return to Budapest do not hesitate to turn to me directly.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is in very good equiped and situated in perfect place in the downtown a few steps from the undergroun. The staff provides very qickly useful information by the e-mail and is very helpful in personal meetings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Milan P

Dear „MilanP”,
I would like to thank you very much for your kind post on Tripadvisor about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Thank you for pointing out the essentials of our Hotel. I was happy to see that you enjoyed our central location. It was also my pleasure to learn from your words that the staff of the hotel provided a high level of service both in person and via e-mails as well. I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed there with 3 friends who I travel all over the world with. The customer service was one of the best we have experienced. Everyone so helpful. Good location, would go there again mainly because of the staff

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christinedukes

Dear „Christinedukes”,
Let me thank you for the superb review you posted on Tripadvisor about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my greatest pleasure to read that you highlighted the work and the attitude of our staff. I was also glad to learn that you enjoyed our central location as well. Reading about the appraisal of our staff made me personally proud. Your kind words are truly appreciated. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning you next visit to Budapest.