“Loved it!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Opera Garden is a great hotel. The room was not that big, but it was very clean, and had everything I needed. The staff is really nice and helpful. Breakfast was great as well. The location is perfect, walking distance to Andrassy Rd and other attractions. The metro is not far either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear „KlabundeB”,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am extremely happy to note that you were enjoying your time with us and I appreciate your praising words on our staff. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our central location, the cleanliness of your room and our rich breakfast selection. I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were treated very professionally at this Hotel. I love when the staff of a hotel seem to be genuinely interested in trying to make your stay as pleasant as possible. These people went out of there way to help us any way they could. I will definitely stay here again if ever in Budapest again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jerry B
Dear „JerryB”,
I would like to thank you very much for your superb post about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It made me extremely proud to read your praising words about the level of service our staff provided. There is nothing we love more than reading that our guests felt well cared and truly enjoyed every aspect of their stay with us. I am grateful for your time to share your satisfaction with other travellers. Thank you again for your visit and the courtesy of your time; it would be our great pleasure to welcome you back at your earliest
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very good location, close to everything
Nothing fancy, has everything you need. Great value for money.
Great breakfast very very friendly service
Was very satisfied with this hotel choice.
There is a Jym outside of the hotel, supermarket and restaurants

Room Tip: Big group take the floor rooms all others take upper floors rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RanBenNer
Dear „RanBenNer”,
Firstly let me thank you very much for your kind review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was great to read that you were overall satisfied with your stay. I would especially like to thank you for pointing out our central location and our rich breakfast selection. I was happy to learn that you found our service a great value for your money. I would like to thank you for making us your choice when visiting Budapest; we would be honoured to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the complimentary sangria and fruit, to the bathrobes and slippers they deliver prompty before your visit to the wellness centre- this hotel is excellent! Fabulous location surrounded by resonably priced restaurants and ruin bars. Myself amd my friend (both aged 27 years) stayed here for 5 nights. Could not recommend it highly enough. A great hotel in a fantastic city. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
Dear „ANONYMOUS26739”,
I would like to thank you very much for your superb review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read your words of satisfaction. Let me thank you for highlighting our central location and many little touches we provide to make every stay memorable. I was glad to learn that you also enjoyed what our neighbourhood could offer you. We cannot thank you enough for recommending us so nicely to other travellers. We are very much looking forward to your next visit. Please make sure to contact me directly for making your next reservation.
Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

To be honest, I can't find any major shortcomings of this hotel, staff is very pleasent, friendly and welcoming, breakfast is ok, they pay attention to small gestures that means a lot (ie.umbrellas in the lobby you can take if it is rainging, complimentary bottles of water for our trip...) L'occitane shampoo and body milk in the room are nice touch, but in general I wouldn't choose this hotel again just because of the rooms. There is enough space in the room, but there is this big kitchen I don't know who would need on vacation. Air conditioning is very noisy, so we kept it off all the time, luckily it was not that hot during the night. Pillows are very thin and seems like a low quality.
All together, if you are not very picky when it comes to room details and room concept, I would recommend just because of nice welcoming feeling, pleasent staff and definitely great location.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 2strawberry
Dear „2strawberry”,
I would like to thank you very much for taking your time and leaving your honest review about your stay with us. We were disappointed to see the poor rating of yours. I am extremely proud of our staff. It was great to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations with our services. I would also like to thank you for pointing out the little touches and extra amenities we provide. On the other hand, regarding the room concept I have to tell you most of our guests are happy that they have their own fully equipped kitchenette, allowing basic self catering. I was glad to learn that even if you rejected the idea of the kitchen corner, still you were satisfied with remaining space in the room. Hereby I would like to apologize for the inconvenience the sound of the A/C and pillows caused you. We check every A/C to avoid similar issues in the future. I would like to emphasize though; that extra pillows are available upon request free of charge. What is more we have a pillow menu with different types of special pillows, those are available also upon request free of charge. Despite the poor rating I would like to thank you for your valuable feedback recommending our service and location to fellow Tripadvisor readers. I honestly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future and provide you with the highest service you ever had.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful stay at this hotel recently. The staff are impressive - professional and welcoming. Breakfast buffet was great - complete with homemade yogurt! Beautifully designed, and the rooftop lounge area is a great place to relax after exploring the city. Will definitely stay here again! Special thanks to the front desk staff for making us feel so welcome and "at home".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear „Carson P”,
First and foremost let me thank you very much for the fabulous review you posted about your recent stay with us. I was glad to read that you highlighted not only the rich breakfast selection, the style and the cleanliness of your room but the roof-top terrace as well. I was especially proud reading your kind words acknowledging the work of our reception staff. I will forward your notice about our yoghurt to our chef who is preparing our Home Made products to your enjoyment. Your praising words are highly appreciated. We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Please do not forget to contact me directly before making your next reservation.
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

What can we say, we loved this hotel. To start with it has a prime location. And then you have all the add-ons!
First of all the amazing breakfast, that includes mimosas (whats not to love)
Secondly the amazing service! We were welcomed with a bottle of champagne just for downloading their amazing app!
Then you have a very nice and welcomed sangria/cookie bar in the afternoon and to top it all the friendliest staff!!! And I haven't even started on the room, which is amazing, roomy and comfortable.
I wish I could give it an excellent, but the size of the bathroom and shower are too small, my husband couldn't really fit in the shower and every time would flood the entire bathroom!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear „Monoculoelegante”,
Firstly let me thank you very much for your comprehensive review of your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you were pleased with almost every detail of your stay and highlighted the rich buffet breakfast selection and the little touches we provide. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our Smartphone Application available free of charge, which is an easy to use and very modern tool of communication. I was also glad to see that you enjoyed the style, the size and the comfort of your room; however I was sorry to read that the size of the shower did not meet your expectations. I forwarded your notice about the mimosas to our Housekeeping to take the necessary steps. Please feel free to contact me directly should you visit Budapest again and I will provide you a different room with a different size of bathroom.