“True value for money!”

Ranked #10 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Stockholm, Sweden
“True value for money!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Given their prices, i didn't expect much complementary services. Was pleasantly surprised. A lot of small kind gestures and the incredibly friendly service made me absolutely fall in love with this hotel.

Location is great, breakfast is good, staff friendly, rooms clean, jacuzzi, rooftopbar, and sauna, and all at reasonable price.

Expect me again soon!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DLeatres
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dera „ArnoM”,

I would like to thank you so much for your short but comprehensive and commending review and the top rating that came along with. It was my pleasure to learn that we were able to provide a memorable experience which exceeded your previous expectations. Thank you for noting the little extra touches. As your review speaks for itself, I am only to be grateful for such guest like you who value the quality and effort a hotel like our delivers. We would be proud to have you back upon your next visit, hopefully very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me before making your next reservation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hungen, Germany
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments is a nice place, in the city centre of Pesta, in the
Pedestrian area. Lots of terasses and restaurants near by makes every guest happy.
Personnel was very nice and helpful, speak very good English and answered all my requests.

Room Tip: Elevator does not go to the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear „Cristina M”,
Let me thank you very much for the comment on your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that you highlighted our central location in the city centre of Pest. It was especially pleasant to see that you found lots of terraces and good restaurant in our close vicinity. I was also proud to learn from your review that our staff gave you processional service throughout your stay. Please let me highlight that we help to deliver every guests luggage placed on the top floor where our top roof terrace and other exclusive rooms appear. I am grateful for your kind review and so happy that we were able to give you a new and memorable experience in Budapest. We would be delighted to accommodate you on your next visit to Hungary.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We loved Budapest and enjoyed our time at this hotel. The staff were very helpful and the location was good. We had a two bedroom apartment, no lounge room but kitchen and dining room. It was great! The breakfast is delicious as was the reasonably priced room service. We left too early for breakfast on the last day so got it to go!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear „KarenG”,

I would like to thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay with us.
It was my pleasure to read that you enjoyed our central location and the welcoming attitude of our staff as well. It was also great to see that our apartment room offered enough space and comfort to accommodate you all. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast selection and pointing out that we also have a decent offer for room service. I would especially like to thank you for drawing everyone’s attention to the fact that for early departures we do provide take away breakfast boxes with a selection of sandwiches, yoghurt, fruit and a juice. We are grateful for your post and we would be honoured to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this hotel! Budapest was our last stop on our 15 day 5 country European tour. We were tired! I emailed a couple of days before we were expected to arrive to ask for a quiet room with a view. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly, all questions answered with respect and expertise, all amenities of the hotel shown to us, and we were escorted to our room...a quiet room with a most excellent street view!! We heard NO noise from the street both nights we were there! We were gone from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. the next day, leaving a "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door. A very considerate and customer oriented management left a note in our door telling us that housekeeping was available until 7 p.m. if we had made a mistake (we didn't). When we asked about transportation to the airport for our departure early the next morning, they called the cab company for us and made up 2 boxes for us to have food for breakfast on our trip...very substantial and filling! The rooms were large enough to move around in...compared to most European accommodations! It was comfortable, clean, and cool! Praise the Lord for air conditioning in Europe! Every staff member we dealt with at this hotel was accommodating, polite, and helpful! I can't say enough good things about this place! If you have ANYTHING bad to say about this place, you haven't traveled enough to deal with other loud customers, small rooms, loud or NO air conditioning, etc.!! Thank you Opera Garden Hotel and Budapest for your warmth and hospitality...we shall return one day soon!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear valued Guest,
I cannot thank you enough for your superb review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I am glad to read your motivating words you have posted. It made me truly proud to learn that my staff gave you a professional welcome and served you with care and good manner throughout your stay. We love to see your satisfaction and it made us very proud that we can fulfil our guests’ needs 100% or even more. We work very hard to reach this level of service with every of our guests. As you have noted the privacy of our guests is a high priority, we take the Do Not Disturb sign very seriously. Providing breakfast boxes for early departures is one of the little touches we believe, apart from the helpful and accommodating attitude can make one’s stay memorable. We are happy that overall we could do everything to make you feel at home in our city. We look forward to your next visit; please do not hesitate to contact me directly before making your reservation.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Opera Garden is a great hotel. The room was not that big, but it was very clean, and had everything I needed. The staff is really nice and helpful. Breakfast was great as well. The location is perfect, walking distance to Andrassy Rd and other attractions. The metro is not far either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear „KlabundeB”,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am extremely happy to note that you were enjoying your time with us and I appreciate your praising words on our staff. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our central location, the cleanliness of your room and our rich breakfast selection. I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were treated very professionally at this Hotel. I love when the staff of a hotel seem to be genuinely interested in trying to make your stay as pleasant as possible. These people went out of there way to help us any way they could. I will definitely stay here again if ever in Budapest again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jerry B
Dear „JerryB”,
I would like to thank you very much for your superb post about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It made me extremely proud to read your praising words about the level of service our staff provided. There is nothing we love more than reading that our guests felt well cared and truly enjoyed every aspect of their stay with us. I am grateful for your time to share your satisfaction with other travellers. Thank you again for your visit and the courtesy of your time; it would be our great pleasure to welcome you back at your earliest
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very good location, close to everything
Nothing fancy, has everything you need. Great value for money.
Great breakfast very very friendly service
Was very satisfied with this hotel choice.
There is a Jym outside of the hotel, supermarket and restaurants

Room Tip: Big group take the floor rooms all others take upper floors rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RanBenNer
Dear „RanBenNer”,
Firstly let me thank you very much for your kind review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was great to read that you were overall satisfied with your stay. I would especially like to thank you for pointing out our central location and our rich breakfast selection. I was happy to learn that you found our service a great value for your money. I would like to thank you for making us your choice when visiting Budapest; we would be honoured to welcome you back in the not too distant future.