“A gem of a hotel in a perfect location”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #10 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
“A gem of a hotel in a perfect location”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A great value for money hotel in a perfect location in the city centre, near the opera. Really helpful staff, very clean and well equipped room and bathroom with high quality fittings, reasonably fast free WiFi and good breakfast. From the reception, into the lift and through to the room - everything exudes quality. All this for 59 euro per night (double bed including breakfast) in such a location is a real bargain. Will definitely book again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Opanta
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear „Opanta”,
Let me thank you very much for your valuable feedback you have left on TripAdvisor. It was my pleasure to learn from your review that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I was glad to see that you were satisfied with every aspect of your stay. Your praising words are highly appreciated. Our aim is to impress every guest of ours with quality, I am happy that we succeeded. We look forward to your next visit. Please make sure to contact me directly before making your upcoming booking.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Opera Gardens Hotel was very well located - close to the Opera House and other main attractions. Very easy to get into the city and see the sights. Breakfast was included, the Wifi reasonably fast and staff who were consistently helpful. The room was nice enough but we hardly spent any time in our room - too many other things to do!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear „James W”,
Firstly let me thank you for your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my pleasure to see how much you appreciated the central location of the hotel and you also found it very easy to get to the sights in the city. Let me thank you for mentioning the stable Wi-Fi connection which we provide free of charge. I was really proud to hear that you highlighted the quality service provided by the hotel staff. It was also great to read that the room was nice enough to provide comfort after a tiring day of sightseeing. As I am almost sure that you still have a lot to discover in Budapest, we would be honoured if we could welcome you back on your next visit.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room is great, very spacious with a fully equipped kitchen and fridge. The beds are very comfortable and bathroom was a good size.
The staff here are so friendly and helpful it made the whole trip that much nicer. They welcomed us into the hotel with brochures and helpful suggestions of what to do in Budapest.
The location of this hotel is fantastic, it feels like you are right in the city center however its quite and local, the Opera is down the road and its less than a 5 minute walk to St Stephan's Basilica.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nat C
Dear „Nat K”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for posting your excellent comment of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. I was really happy to see that you enjoyed our central location and also liked the comfort of your room and the bathroom size met your expectations. I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words regarding our front desk staff. It was my pleasure to be read that they could make you feel excellent during your stay. Thank you very much for your commending words. I truly hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
ukexplorer44
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The location is great. A few minutes walk from the train stop. The apartment was compact and don't expect much privacy. We requested double beds and found one room with twin - asked it to be moved together but it wasn't switched. We stayed three nights and was a great place to explore both sides of budapest. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Such a bargain.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank ukexplorer44
Dear „ukexplorer44”,
Let me thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you really liked our strategic location, and it was easy for you to explore the whole city. I was sorry to read that we could not help you regarding the two double beds, but as our apartment rooms were fully booked during your stay, we were not able to fulfil your request and change your room. In case of a fully booked house, there are limits we cannot cross even if we wanted to. I would like to stress that our main goal is to reach 100% guest satisfaction, so we always try to fulfil such requests. Hereby let me apologize for any inconveniences this might have been caused to you. However it was my pleasure to see that despite this issue, you found our breakfast selection plentiful and the price/quality ratio also remarkable. We are grateful for the top rating you gave us. We honestly hope that we will have the chance to accommodate you in the not too distant future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I knew this hotel would be good as they emailed me to confirm and ask what they could do to help with our arrival (one week ahead). A car was organized to collect us from the station, with advice as to how much to pay. On arrival, staff recommended a fantastic restaurant nearby and reserved us a late night table as we were starving. The rooms have a decent kitchenette with microwave, hot plates, kitchen implements etc and the bathroom is supplied with lovely L'Occitane products. In the foyer of the hotel stands a table with complimentary sangria and biscuits. There's even a cute little cutout of running shoes in each room, tied with laces, directing guests to the best place to go for an early morning city run (awesome for a runner like me). It seems like nothing is too much trouble in this small but very smart hotel. A great find.
Michelle
Sydney

Room Tip: If traveling in a bigger group the apartments with a second bedroom would be advisable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle T
Dear „Michelle T”,

I would like to thank you very much for your superb review and for the top rating you posted on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you appreciated our service minded attitude and also thank you for promoting that it is really a smart idea to rely on our care and service during and even before the stay. It was my pleasure to read that you have found your room comfy and well equipped. Let me also thank you for mentioning the extra amenities and the little touches we provide free of charge. We only introduced the cut out shoes with instructions for runners only a few months ago, we are more than happy that they are noted and appreciated by a runner. You are right, we are very keen on guest satisfaction and we always go an extra mile to make our guest happy. Comments like yours are making us just more passionate in our day-to-day routine. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Given their prices, i didn't expect much complementary services. Was pleasantly surprised. A lot of small kind gestures and the incredibly friendly service made me absolutely fall in love with this hotel.

Location is great, breakfast is good, staff friendly, rooms clean, jacuzzi, rooftopbar, and sauna, and all at reasonable price.

Expect me again soon!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DLeatres
Dera „ArnoM”,

I would like to thank you so much for your short but comprehensive and commending review and the top rating that came along with. It was my pleasure to learn that we were able to provide a memorable experience which exceeded your previous expectations. Thank you for noting the little extra touches. As your review speaks for itself, I am only to be grateful for such guest like you who value the quality and effort a hotel like our delivers. We would be proud to have you back upon your next visit, hopefully very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me before making your next reservation.
Hungen, Germany
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments is a nice place, in the city centre of Pesta, in the
Pedestrian area. Lots of terasses and restaurants near by makes every guest happy.
Personnel was very nice and helpful, speak very good English and answered all my requests.

Room Tip: Elevator does not go to the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear „Cristina M”,
Let me thank you very much for the comment on your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that you highlighted our central location in the city centre of Pest. It was especially pleasant to see that you found lots of terraces and good restaurant in our close vicinity. I was also proud to learn from your review that our staff gave you processional service throughout your stay. Please let me highlight that we help to deliver every guests luggage placed on the top floor where our top roof terrace and other exclusive rooms appear. I am grateful for your kind review and so happy that we were able to give you a new and memorable experience in Budapest. We would be delighted to accommodate you on your next visit to Hungary.