Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
  • Room Service
US$138
US$114
1,733 results
All reviewsmulled winefree sangrial'occitane toiletriessmall bottle of wineroof terracedeluxe apartmentsmall kitchenettelittle toucheshot wingspedestrian streetkitchen areaexcellent hotelst stephen's basilicawithin walking distancebreakfast was deliciousevery eveningbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am a semi-local in Budapest who had to give up my apartment one day before I left the city, so I decided to stay here for my last night. The room was excellent--very spacious. The customer service was wonderful. I needed a very early (2:30am) wake-up call and they were very nice to me, supplying me with a cold bottle of water for my trip and calling me a taxi for the trek out to the airport (they would have given me a packaged breakfast but I didn't want one since it was so early). The room was air conditioned, which was great because it was a very hot day. The wifi was also very good. The room I stayed in was one flight of stairs after the elevator and one of the employees carried my bag for me. The room had a little kitchenette, glasses and toiletries. I would definitely recommend this place for someone, especially if they were staying a bit longer and wanted a little place to do lighter cooking, but for anyone really. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily G
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear „Emily G”,
I would like to thank you very much for your superb review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I am grateful for your comprehensive comment, I was happy to read your praising word about the size and the quality setup of your room. I would also like to thank you for highlighting the fully equipped kitchenette, which can be very useful indeed. Your kind compliments on the work and the service minded attitude of our staff made me truly happy. Thank you again for recommending us for fellow Tripadvisor readers; we would be honoured to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A great value for money hotel in a perfect location in the city centre, near the opera. Really helpful staff, very clean and well equipped room and bathroom with high quality fittings, reasonably fast free WiFi and good breakfast. From the reception, into the lift and through to the room - everything exudes quality. All this for 59 euro per night (double bed including breakfast) in such a location is a real bargain. Will definitely book again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Opanta

Dear „Opanta”,
Let me thank you very much for your valuable feedback you have left on TripAdvisor. It was my pleasure to learn from your review that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I was glad to see that you were satisfied with every aspect of your stay. Your praising words are highly appreciated. Our aim is to impress every guest of ours with quality, I am happy that we succeeded. We look forward to your next visit. Please make sure to contact me directly before making your upcoming booking.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Opera Gardens Hotel was very well located - close to the Opera House and other main attractions. Very easy to get into the city and see the sights. Breakfast was included, the Wifi reasonably fast and staff who were consistently helpful. The room was nice enough but we hardly spent any time in our room - too many other things to do!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear „James W”,
Firstly let me thank you for your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my pleasure to see how much you appreciated the central location of the hotel and you also found it very easy to get to the sights in the city. Let me thank you for mentioning the stable Wi-Fi connection which we provide free of charge. I was really proud to hear that you highlighted the quality service provided by the hotel staff. It was also great to read that the room was nice enough to provide comfort after a tiring day of sightseeing. As I am almost sure that you still have a lot to discover in Budapest, we would be honoured if we could welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The room is great, very spacious with a fully equipped kitchen and fridge. The beds are very comfortable and bathroom was a good size.
The staff here are so friendly and helpful it made the whole trip that much nicer. They welcomed us into the hotel with brochures and helpful suggestions of what to do in Budapest.
The location of this hotel is fantastic, it feels like you are right in the city center however its quite and local, the Opera is down the road and its less than a 5 minute walk to St Stephan's Basilica.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nat C

Dear „Nat K”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for posting your excellent comment of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. I was really happy to see that you enjoyed our central location and also liked the comfort of your room and the bathroom size met your expectations. I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words regarding our front desk staff. It was my pleasure to be read that they could make you feel excellent during your stay. Thank you very much for your commending words. I truly hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The location is great. A few minutes walk from the train stop. The apartment was compact and don't expect much privacy. We requested double beds and found one room with twin - asked it to be moved together but it wasn't switched. We stayed three nights and was a great place to explore both sides of budapest. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Such a bargain.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank ukexplorer44

Dear „ukexplorer44”,
Let me thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that you really liked our strategic location, and it was easy for you to explore the whole city. I was sorry to read that we could not help you regarding the two double beds, but as our apartment rooms were fully booked during your stay, we were not able to fulfil your request and change your room. In case of a fully booked house, there are limits we cannot cross even if we wanted to. I would like to stress that our main goal is to reach 100% guest satisfaction, so we always try to fulfil such requests. Hereby let me apologize for any inconveniences this might have been caused to you. However it was my pleasure to see that despite this issue, you found our breakfast selection plentiful and the price/quality ratio also remarkable. We are grateful for the top rating you gave us. We honestly hope that we will have the chance to accommodate you in the not too distant future.