“Excellent hotel - lived up to all the best reviews on here..”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Cambridge
“Excellent hotel - lived up to all the best reviews on here..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed for 4 nights, 9-13th August having scoured TripAdvisor and Travelzoo for the best possible hotel in Budapest. Opera Garden Hotel lived up to everything we were hoping for - it's very quick and easy to get around the city from that location, the reception staff were extremely helpful (booking a boat cruise for us and helping us to decide on a bus route to get to a caving trip) and the room was really nice indeed. The bed was really comfortable, the breakfast was great and the jacuzzi is just like the photo. We would thoroughly recommend to anybody going to Budapest that they stay at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear „Tom O”
Thank you very much for sharing you magnificent review on Tripadvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was fascinated to read that we could live up to everything you were hoping for. Further, it was my pleasure to read that you described our staff to be extremely helpful and that they could be at your service during your stay with useful recommendations. I was happy to see that the room, the wellness area and also the breakfast have met your expectations. Thank you again for recommending Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments to other travellers. I truly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We just concluded our trip to Berlin, Dresden, Prague, Vienna, and Budapest. Opera Garden in Budapest is by far our most favorite hotel. The almost brand new apt with kitchenette is modern, quiet, super clean and with very appreciated AC. Kids had their own room and lots of storage space. It is close to Metro Line 2 Opera station and within walking distance to St. Istvan Basilica, lots of great restaurants - Calla and Alexander Bookstore. Congratulations to the young and energetic staffs, they are simply amazing. it is so obviously that they are well trained, because they never missed a beat from check-in to check-out. They prepared a welcome package for us with all the tourist info, breakfast was great, also cookies, drinks and fruits daily by the elevator. We had to depart at 4:00 am for airport, to my delight they prepared breakfast to-go for us without us asking for. We had wonderful experiences in Budapest and would love to return soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear „T L”,
I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words you have left on Tripadvisor of your recent visit to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was proud to read that you selected our hotel to be your favourite one during your trip to Europe. I was happy to see that you could take advantage of our central location. Your kind words regarding our room are highly appreciated. It is great to see that our staff could make your stay a memorable one and that you liked our small touches such as the free Sangria and cookies served every day to all our guests. I am happy that you had a wonderful experience and I hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for 4 nights in July.
Reception was very efficient and the various people working there were always friendly and helpful.
Room was of a good size, was clean and the bed comfortable. We asxed for extra pillows and they arrived within 5 minutes!
Breakfast was adequate with a reasonable choice
Would recommend this hotel which is conveniently situated for restaurants, café bars and two metro stations.

Room Tip: There is some street noise at night but with the windows closed we were not disturbed. Our room had...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear „Keith70”,
Let me thank you for taking the time and sharing your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I also thank you very much for your kind compliments regarding our reception staff. I was more than happy to see that you described them to be efficient, friendly and helpful. Further, it was my pleasure to be seen that your room and also the breakfast could live up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to turn to me should you decide to visit Budapest again.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

A group of us (13 in all) stayed there during a Central Europe trip in July 2014. It has the feel of boutique style apartments, rather than a hotel. The rooms were very well equipped, including a heated towel dryer rack, a full kitchenette, and two small bottles of wine! They also provided welcome drinks and pretzel sticks. The staff was very helpful in providing local information on sightseeing, locating places and metros. The breakfast was excellent too, with some interesting items on the menu such as beetroot juice, and options for dental patients! The location was unbeatable, with a short walk to the M1 and M3 lines, and easy access to Andrassy Boulevard, St Stephens Basilica. There are plenty of cafes, pizza parlors and bakeries as you step out of the hotel. They have a terrace on the 4th floor, which supposedly is for the guests to use, but it locks out at 10:00 pm, so we did not have a place to hang out as a group, make plans for the next day and so on. The lobby is a bit small for a group to sit down and socialize.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear „poori828”,
Let me thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that our hotel was able to make all the thirteen of you feel at home in the city. It was my pleasure to learn from comment that you found the rooms spacious and well equipped, and you also enjoyed the central location and the lively neighborhood. It made me personally proud that you highlighted the hospitality of our service minded staff. I have to tell you that our roof-top terrace is open during the whole day to relax, but as we have to care about the peaceful rest of our guests’ the terrace is open until 10 p.m. every day. Providing a calm environment during the night in the whole building is one of the most important things for us.
We would be delighted to have you and your family back in the near future.
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Opera Garden Hotel is very pleasant and comfortable, with large, quiet rooms including a full kitchenette. The staff is friendly and very helpful and the location, near the center city of Pest, is ideal! We stayed for 9 nights and really appreciated this fine lodging.

Room Tip: Room 302 is spacious, comfortable and quiet.
Dear „ThePurlpeProfessor”,
I was delighted to read your comprehensive review of your stay with us. It was my pleasure to learn from your post that we were able to make your stay comfortable for 9 nights. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the setup and the comfort of your room and our premium location as well. I would like to thank you for expressing your overall appreciation. Your kind words are valued. Should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest do not hesitate to contact me in advance.
Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I couldn't agree more with all those positive reviews.

First time in Budapest, we stayed for 3 nights in this hotel.
Staff (from the front desk to the housekeepers) is really friendly and helpful, yet professional. Room was spacious, even street orientated it was not noisy at all (noisier was the couple next door ; )
Wellness is free of charge, we tried only jacuzzi (there's also a treadmill, gym bike and sauna).
Rooftop terrace has a view of Sz. István Bazilika (ok, it's a tiny one) and anytime we walked there it was surprisingly empty.
If you avoid breakfast peak time (9:30-10:30) you can enjoy your meal in the quiet courtyard. There's a rich breakfast selection (hot, cold, pastry, fruit...) with the free a la carte menu (just ask someone from the staff).

Then there's plenty of "nice touch" stuff in this hotel - welcome bottle of wine in the room, handwritten note wishing you a pleasant stay, welcome package of brochures and maps with reccomendations about what to do and see in Budapest, working wifi connection (even on rooftop), free apples during the day and free sangria, biscuits and breadstick in the evening. Nice, smiling, helpfull staff (yes, I really need to repeat that, because it's still not so common)

Hotel is situated on pedestrian street, there are two bistros right in front of it (C'mon and Chagall cafe) and a very good restaurant around the corner (Most).
It has a great location for sightseeing. Frankly - we did not use public transport at all.
Hotel does not offer their own parking spot, but there's a parkhouse around the corner (Opera Parkolóház), fee is 16€ per day and hotel cooperate with them (prepaid parking card etc.)

We definitely recommend this hotel and we would love to come back one day : )

Room Tip: Stayed in room no. 406 (rooftop), street orientated but not noisy at all.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear „lulamaee”,
I cannot be grateful enough for kind review you have left on TripAdvisor of your previous stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I am really grateful for your comprehensive comment. It was my pleasure to see that the room, the wellness, the rooftop and also the breakfast could live up to your expectations. Further, I was happy to see that with the small touches we could add some extra to your stay. I was also glad to be read that you enjoyed our central location and that you did not have to use the public transport. Your praising words are highly appreciated. Please make sure to contact me directly before making your upcoming booking. I will be delighted to assist you.
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I would describe hotel Opera as a very decent, small hotel. It used to be an old residental building, which was completely renovated and reconstructed.
Do not expect some extra luxury, huge lobby, bars, restaurants. What you can expect is a very friendly staff, nice little area for breakfast, with some excellent specialties (try the fresh homemade fruit yogurt) and a very good position of the hotel.
Budapest's main attractions are accessible by foot and bus station is only 100m from the hotel so you can easily take advantage of hop-on-hop-off bus for the city sightseeing.

Recommendation: We purchased a romantic package that can be found on the official website of the hotel. For some small charge we got a bigger room, champagne in the room and really great dinner at a nearby restaurant.

Room Tip: Check special offers/packages on hotel web site.
Dear „Senad ABH”,
I would like to thank you very much for the excellent review and rating of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my pleasure to see that you truly enjoyed the romantic city break with us. I was glad to read that you highlighted the central location and the unique atmosphere of our hotel. I was also happy to see that you enjoyed our rich breakfast selection and the hospitality of our staff as well. I also encourage every future guests to check the packages we offer on our website. Thank you again for the detailed and commendatory description of our services. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.