“Modern centrally located apartment”

Senator Apartments Budapest
Ranked #37 of 641 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Modern centrally located apartment”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We had a 6th floor apartment with a large balcony. The apartment is above a shopping centre type place but don't be put off by the location as the apartment is very nice and central to everything. An added bonus is the office for the apartments is in the building and they are very helpful booking airport transfers and spa entry tickets for us.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank dpstone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Finnish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in a one bedroom flat for three nights in July 2014. While not perfect, it does have some very good points, but a few things that could be improved:

Pros:

EXCELLENT and helpful staff (I would like to single out Robert as extremely helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. He greeted me and showed me to my room and gave me some great tips on things to do). All the staff were lovely though.

Perfect location

Very clean room with good facilities

Cons:

The wifi did not work at all well in my room

Charges - there is a list of charges for things in the room, which all feels quite strict and austere. To have to pay extra for air conditioning, for example, feels quite mean. In a city that can get hot, for a four star property, I would expect aircon to be included in the price

No shower curtain/screen in my bathroom, which meant the floor was constantly wet.

As other people have commented, the surrounding property is kind of like a derelict shopping mall, and a bit eerie, but really there is not much the management of the apartments can do about that. Overall, for the price, it was good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AndyUK76
Dallas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here with my family of 5 in the 2 bedroom apartment. We found the place easy to find (with help from the GPS) that had parking right outside. Pros: great location next to many of the tourist hot-spots and by numerous restaurants, bars and stores with a good price and strong Wi-Fi. Cons: bedding and linen did not seem fresh (smelled like mildew) and an additional charge to receive the AC remote, which after 3 hours, started to leak profusely. If I was able to award half stars, I would rate 3 1/2. If location and number of beds is a priority, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle T
Papa, Hungary
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Location is a looking like abandoned mall. The place is dirty and small. The apartment the we got is so small. We have to pay extra just to get a AC! who does that? I mean if you are traveling on a budget I guess its okay but don't expect to be comfortable in this apartment.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrive to the apartments we notices that they could be for families or friends.
The staff is very helpfull and have a great atitud. You can find a very clean and good room that fits your needs.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Agustin T
Senator A, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Senator Apartments Budapest, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Oosch ,

First of all We would like to say thank you, for choosing us and then giving such a high rating to our services on Tripadvisor.com.

We put big emphasis on our guests, and also the services that we provide.

We are trying to improve our service to make our guests feel even more comfortable.

Sincerely Senator Apartments.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The ratings here are mixed and I can see why, but I enjoyed our stay at the senator apartments. Housed in what must have been a condo/commercial building gone bust, it's not quaint, but the rooms are super spacious and worth the stay.

Pros
1. Location: Right on Kiraly street, which I didn't realize how central that really is. There is a major metro stop 2 blocks from the building, tons of restaurants, bars, a grocery store across the street which is 24hours and has wine, and nice little shops (particularly the one next to the grocery store). I loved that we stayed in this area.
2. Size: We had a three bedroom apartment, which had 3 double beds and a pull out couch. Plenty of room for a family of 5. We also had 3 bathrooms!
3. Amenities: The kitchen had everything we needed. We also had a rooftop terrace, which while not fancy ,was nice to have a picnic table outside to eat dinner that we bought at the store.
4. Price: decent price for the large group we had and parking onsite.
5. Night staff: super friendly, helpful, and really answered all our questions.

Cons
1. Noise: It's noisy, no matter where you are I think . The street is a busy one and if you leave the windows open, you'll hear noise. We heard people coming home from the bar, sirens, everything, but it's kind of like sleeping near a busy street in any city.
2. Add-ons: This place has a million add-ons when you register which just makes you feel like you constantly have to pay for little things like air conditioning, etc. At least they are spelled out, but just is annoying and doesn't feel generous. Air conditioning isn't worth it, as ours wasn't in every bedroom. I also think it's cheaper to just buy breakfast on your own. Parking was worth it.
3. AM Staff: Staff in the AM were not very helpful to us or cheerful. Super unclear instructions on checkout and how long you can stay in the parking garage

Overall, an easy place, comfortable, and I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Oosch
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Me and my friends stayed here when we visited Budapest for the weekend. It was very reasonably priced and a great location in the centre of Budapest - even the street these apartments are on has lots of bars. I'd say they are more suited for young people rather than families just because the street was so busy on both Friday and Saturday night. The apartment looked really nice and we all really enjoyed our stay here - I would definitely use them again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank smileysmiles30
Dear Embem13 ,

Thank you for your review. The opinion of our guests is very important for us.

We hope we can accomodate you again in the future.

If you plan to visit us again, do not hesitate to conctact us directly , or use our website.

All the best.