“Great experience!”

US$114.00*
and up
Budapest Market Hall Tour and Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Chefparade Cooking School is contemporary cosmopolitan cooking studio where you can master the basics of Hungarian cooking in a fun and interactive atmosphere. Our hands-on courses give you the opportunity to cook and ask questions side-by-side with our Chefs. Learn about the basic ingredients and spices like paprika along with best cooking practices so that you’ll be able to regale your family and friends for a fantastic Hungarian dinner in your homecountry.The courses run in the late morning hours finishing with a lunch. Our classes are not only cooking classes, but you get the most information of Hungary and Budapest. People, traditions, moods, tastes, stories.
Moscow, Russia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I took a half day cooking class in late March and it was a great experience. I have very limited cooking skills and this was a great opportunity to learn how to cook some relatively basic yet delicious dishes, learn about Hungarian cuisine, and enjoy a delicious meal. It was me and 3 others in our class. Cili was a cheerful, helpful, and knowledgeable teacher. A definite recommend!

Visited March 2014

Phila
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Deliciously fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I think it was a great way to spend 3 hours of your day instead of sight seeing! We learned to prepare a 3 course meal and even got a chance to visit the central market. It is a actually a suitable place to know where you can eat and shop like the locals. Cecilia, our instructor, was a natural. She handled our class with ease and clarity. She was awesome! The kitchen also is equipped with gadgets you can buy that was useful in preparing the meal.

Visited April 2014
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great cultural experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This cooking class lived up to the price and expectation..
It really was a great 4 hours spent.
We had great fun and I learnt a lot..
But best of all the food was amazing
We had chicken and tarragon soup, gypsy pork and apple and walnut strudel it was very good.
Unlimited drink also with a wide variety and alcohol!

The only thing I would say is the market tour isn't worth the extra money and would be good to choose your menu if you book in advance..

Abu Dhabi
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A new experience in cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Although I often cook, I learned several new things during my Hungarian cooking lesson. The market tour was delightful and I received good information on selecting local produce, as well the best type of paprika to buy (a must in Hungarian cooking).

The cooking lesson was fun and informative. I'm so glad I chose this over just purchasing a Hungarian cookbook as I received helpful tips from my instructor. The dishes we made - potato soup, chicken paprikas, and sponge cake for dessert - were all delicious.

I opted for the premium package (which I recommend) and so was presented with an apron, cookbook and bottle of Hungarian wine at the end of the class. I also sampled several different varieties if local wine during the lesson, as well as enjoying a local rose during our meal, for which my husband joined me to share.

My instructor for the day, Anita, was charming and made the entire experience one that I will always remember.

1 Thank eglaze
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Market & Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Learned to make 3-course meal that was delicious and easy with Cecilia. Will try recipes at home! Toured market and returned to shop for paprika, wine and souvenirs. Had great time.

Visited April 2014