“Quality Ethnical and Gastronomic Class” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$114.00*
and up
Budapest Market Hall Tour and Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: Chefparade Cooking School is contemporary cosmopolitan cooking studio where you can master the basics of Hungarian cooking in a fun and interactive atmosphere. Our hands-on courses give you the opportunity to cook and ask questions side-by-side with our Chefs. Learn about the basic ingredients and spices like paprika along with best cooking practices so that you’ll be able to regale your family and friends for a fantastic Hungarian dinner in your homecountry.The courses run in the late morning hours finishing with a lunch. Our classes are not only cooking classes, but you get the most information of Hungary and Budapest. People, traditions, moods, tastes, stories.
Las Vegas, Nevada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Quality Ethnical and Gastronomic Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I spent most of my career working internationally, have experienced a multitude of cuisines and love to cook. Now that I’m retired I continue to travel extensively to Europe and always book a cooking class in the various regions of any country I visit. Having never been to Hungary the brief class I had with Chefparade in Budapest was one of the best I’ve ever participated in.

As a bonus the class started off with a visit to Budapest’s Grand Market Hall one of the largest in Europe and we learned how to select the ingredients we would use in our cooking class. The instruction was very professional with both historic/cultural references and cooking techniques. The class was small, only six of us, the kitchen was very well equipped and the classroom area perfect for the instruction and personal interaction with classmates.

If you have the privilege of taking a class at Chefparade Cooking School don’t leave without their Hungarian Classics Cookbook by Kócsa László Chefparade’s founder. It has almost 50 beautifully illustrated, step-by-step and simple recipes. With this cookbook and the inspiration you will get from the class you can cook Hungarian classics like a native.

Visited June 2014

Swindon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our guide Cili was fun, knowledgeable and informative. She made us both feel welcome and at home as we prepared and then ate one of the most delicious three-course meals I have ever experienced. As well as a great morning's entertainment, we learnt some interesting techniques and are most definitely going to be trying out the recipes at home.

Really, really good. Highly recommended!

Visited June 2014
Brandon, Florida
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“At first, I was skeptical...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

...so taking a cooking class when you only have 3 days in Budapest...normally I would have passed. However, my wife knows how to spot unique opportunities and really had her heart set on it. She couldn't have been more right! What better way to learn more about a new culture than learning how they cook. We started in the markets that morning and received a tour of Hungary's culinary staples. We then made our way to the kitchen and proceeded to make a truly delicious meal. I enjoy cooking but am by no means an expert. Chefparade's staff were very friendly, helpful and patient. My wife and I had a lot of fun with them and the other participants. It turned out to be our favorite part of our travels through Budapest. When we go back to Budapest, we're taking another cooking class with Chefparade.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dave R
San Diego, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great day! Delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had such a great time cooking with Kinga during my class last week. The food was delicious and I loved the recipes so much that I bought the cook book. I can't wait to try these and more at home!

Visited May 2014
Moscow, Russia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I took a half day cooking class in late March and it was a great experience. I have very limited cooking skills and this was a great opportunity to learn how to cook some relatively basic yet delicious dishes, learn about Hungarian cuisine, and enjoy a delicious meal. It was me and 3 others in our class. Cili was a cheerful, helpful, and knowledgeable teacher. A definite recommend!

Visited March 2014