“Learned a lot!”

and up
Budapest Market Hall Tour and Cooking Class
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chefparade Cooking School is contemporary cosmopolitan cooking studio where you can master the basics of Hungarian cooking in a fun and interactive atmosphere. Our hands-on courses give you the opportunity to cook and ask questions side-by-side with our Chefs. Learn about the basic ingredients and spices like paprika along with best cooking practices so that you’ll be able to regale your family and friends for a fantastic Hungarian dinner in your homecountry.The courses run in the late morning hours finishing with a lunch. Our classes are not only cooking classes, but you get the most information of Hungary and Budapest. People, traditions, moods, tastes, stories.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a very enjoyable morning learning from Cecelia about Hungarian cuisine. We cooked a three-course meal, all very hands-on and fun. There was a simplicity to the dishes that surprised us, but the end result was very tasty!

1  Thank BenOregon

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My daughter, Lauren, and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at Chefparade, Budapest was our last stop on our trip and my favourite! We had actually met an American girl in Prague and she highly recommended taking the cooking class as she had just been there ( she also told us about the 'ruin bars' in Budapest , so I was quite happy that we met!)
I was impressed with Lilla from the school- they were fully booked on our chosen (and last available) morning. She accommodated us by letting us come in the afternoon to make supper instead of lunch.
Our guide and chef was Anita, such a lovely lady! She met us at the market and it made quite a difference shopping with someone in-the-know. We enjoyed the whole cooking experience (and the vino!) immensely. Anita was entertaining and informative and we had a great time even though it was just us in the class.

1  Thank karenSouthAfrica
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Just finished our Hungarian Cooking Class, just my friend and I in the class so nice and relaxed and private. The market was nice to have some translations done for us but we didn't stop to buy things which I thought was better. Everyone had bought something from a market before. Anyway the cooking class itself was great, Cilla was friendly and shared stories of her travels and history about Hungary which was really interesting. We cooked soup, a chicken main and pancakes, I liked the way we did everything at the same time. We finally sat down and stuffed ourselves silly! Just do it for a laugh and to see another side of Budapest.

1  Thank PickyPants101
somloi, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Chefparade Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear PickyPants,

thank you so much for the comment. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Hungarian cooking course and the dishes you made have achieved success. Our goal always, besides a great Hungarian lunch and well teaching is an open-armed service and creating a friendly atmospehere.
The market tour we organize is not a real shopping program but an informative, culinary walking tour around the 1st Budapest indoor Market from the 1800's.
But we will pay attention in the future to buy ingredients as well for the cooking.
Once again thank you for your review.
Warmest regards,
behalf of the Chefparade Team, Lilla

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Kinga was our tour guide and chef teacher. She was so knowledable, passionate, fun, and even made me want to cook. I never took a cooking class abroad, but now I will not visit a country without it. Kings was perfect and I don't even like to cook. Curcinam

1  Thank Daliza C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I spent most of my career working internationally, have experienced a multitude of cuisines and love to cook. Now that I’m retired I continue to travel extensively to Europe and always book a cooking class in the various regions of any country I visit. Having never been to Hungary the brief class I had with Chefparade in Budapest was one of the best I’ve ever participated in.

As a bonus the class started off with a visit to Budapest’s Grand Market Hall one of the largest in Europe and we learned how to select the ingredients we would use in our cooking class. The instruction was very professional with both historic/cultural references and cooking techniques. The class was small, only six of us, the kitchen was very well equipped and the classroom area perfect for the instruction and personal interaction with classmates.

If you have the privilege of taking a class at Chefparade Cooking School don’t leave without their Hungarian Classics Cookbook by Kócsa László Chefparade’s founder. It has almost 50 beautifully illustrated, step-by-step and simple recipes. With this cookbook and the inspiration you will get from the class you can cook Hungarian classics like a native.

1  Thank LesTrekker