“Nice location, decent price, fair rooms”

Adagio Hostel 1.0 Oktogon
Ranked #36 of 644 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
“Nice location, decent price, fair rooms”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The thing that I will remember most about this hostel is the fact that they changed their address without notifying me. When I booked, I received the address of the hostel but upon arrival it turned out that there was no hostel at that address. I arrived there at 10PM and luckily someone opened the door who was very helpfull. He called the hostel (I couldn't call myself, because my phone stopped working during the journey, but that's a different story) and was told that the hostel moved to a different location. I received the new address and walked to the new location, about 15 minutes of walking apart from their previous address. The fact that they changed their address without sending an e-mail before I arrived, I find very very disturbing and is a big downside for the hostel.
I was looking for a cheap place to crash in the city centre of Budapest and this is exactly what I found. The location (their new location is on Andrássy út) near Oktogon square is perfect with both a metrostation and a stop on the busiest tramline available. Furthermore, Andrássy út is most definately the most beautiful street of the city, so it's incredible to sleep there. The rooms were fine. Nothing special, but they were clean and lockers were available. Although it was very crowded at the time that I stayed there, sufficient (clean) showers were always available. The kitchen was well-equiped with everything you need for cooking (except for the food of course) and there were 2 computers with internet (if you plug in your USB stick in one of them, make sure you check it for viruses when you get home). Didn't really like the staff, but they were correct and that was enough for me. Although they are also responsible for the fact that I didn't receive any form of information when they changed their address.
If you're looking for luxury or romance, don't stay here. But they do offer the basics for a very good price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We were a group of 5 and stayed at an 8 people dorms and stayed for 3 nights. The rooms are specious and clean, the bathrooms were ok but not so clean all the time.
The location was great!!! Close to metro and tram stations and at walking distance of everything!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed in a dorm with shared bathroom, and my experience was good, the staff was helpful and friendly, they suggested me what to see, and help me to get there from the airport. The price is really good; facilities are good (never had to wait too long for the bathroom, and it was clean!, the location is perfect, near the city center, train station and a nice cinema-mall.
The only problem was to get enough sleep, I knew the room wouldn't be too quiet being a in dorm, but also there are not thick curtains so that in the summer, at 4-5 in the morning the light made it hard to sleep. Also, remember to bring your own towels, since they charge for them!

Room Tip: remember to bring your own towels