“Clean and welcoming”

Ranked #370 of 644 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Umea, Sweden
“Clean and welcoming”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Despite the cheesy name, this place is awesome and the staff super friendly. I was enthusiastically greeted by my first name when I checked in and given a brief tour. Staff was very trusting, giving me the option to either pay upfront or pay when I checked out. There were three bathrooms for ten people and the place was very clean. The beds are fortunately not bunk beds and are quite comfortable, and sheets/towels are provided as well as large locking storage boxes next to each bed. Most of the other travelers were either solo or traveling with a friend, so they were easy to chat with and share experiences. The staff will do your laundry (and even hang it to dry) for a very reasonable 3 euros per load. Wifi was fast and reliable. The staff is also very attentive to guests' needs: the morning I left, the shower head broke and upon being notified the owner promptly rushed out and purchased a new one and replaced it. The only downside I can think of is that it's on a main road and so the traffic noise can be quite loud when trucks go by which might be a problem for light sleepers (just bring earplugs, problem solved!). Overall a great place in a decent part of Budapest, wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It was a cute place with lovely staff. However going in July meant that it was really hot and we were unable to open the window as the place is near a train station and on a main road which you can here. However great breakfast and homely atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This was my first hostel experience ever and I'm glad I chose the 2night Hostel for this! Great and very friendly staff. Even before our trip every question was answered by Matt the owner. My friends and I stayed in two large Double- bedrooms. The rooms were very spacious and clean. There was a very homey feeling to the whole establishment. Breakfast was simple but good. All in all I would definitly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Callmekk12
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I've been there in September 2011. My plan was to stay just 1 night there but It was such a great hostel is such a nice city that I've changed my plans and stayed longer! Hostel is very clean, good facilities, and quite cheap! Staff is really friendly and helpful! I'm always recommending this place to my friend visiting Budapest! We'll be back! best regards from Greg Tom Hostel, Krakow!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveller993
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Comfortable hostel at a good location. The staff is very friendly and a lot of facilities are offered for free (breakfast, internet and computer, clean towels, drinks). It's a nice hostel for young people that travel alone or in groups. The rooms are not too crowded and there is more privacy than in the average hostel. We enjoyed our trip to the beautiful Budapest, also thanks to this hostel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Eva B
Aheloy, Bulgaria
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Very good hostel for young people. Clean rooms , Great breskfast , close to Metro Nyagati ... only 5 min . Free city map , free tea :) Friendly staff .Low price .
Noisy in the night .. there were some people who talking until 5 am .. and i cant sleep !
All everyting in OK .

I can reccomend to everyone .

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MMollov
Chisinau, Moldova
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

I will start from the idea that it was amazing choice to spend several days in Budapest with my girlfriend. We got double room, which is huuuuuge and itwas clean and nice furnished. I liked especially the location of the hostel, almost in the heart of the city with so many connections (bus, tram or metro) for social activities! The staff was friendly and waited for us on arrival, so thank you again Gabor! The only 3 star moment was the bathroom, but appart of that, big thumbs up for the team!

• Stayed September 2012