“Beautiful hotel”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #40 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 23 April 2012

A very classy outfit, lovely design and architecture. Only issue is charging for use of spa

• Stayed: March 2012
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your praisful words regarding the architectural solutions of our Hotel. Some of the room rates do not include the complimentary use of the wellness area, I am sorry that your agent did not inform you about it at reservation.

Many thnaks and best regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Posh interior with shining gold fabrics in a rather small sized room. Adjacent restaurant Araz can be recommended. Wellness only open from 9 am to 9 pm.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I’m very glad that our interior impressed you and that you were satisfied with ARAZ Restaurant as well. Let me recommend you to try an other type of our rooms which may be more suitable for you if you visit us next time.

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the Zara 19/4/12 and thoroughly recommend this hotel could not be faulted 1st class service throughout and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for tea and coffee making facilities at reception in not in the room already
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry G

Dear Guest,

I’m really excited whenever I read such a lovely feedback. This time I can feel that it’s worth to do it.

I hope to see you again.

Many thanks and best regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights with another couple of friends. On arrival we were told we had been upgraded, although when we got to the rooms, only my husband and I had got an upgrade to an executive suite, although it was a nice gesture I felt a bit bad for the other couple we were with as their room was really quite small compared to ours, plus the rooms were unbearably warm, we turned our heating right down and it still seemed to be warm so made sure we opened the window for half an hour before going to sleep. The good thing is that we didn't spend too much time in the rooms as we were out exploring the beautiful city.
I would say that the breakfast was a little chaotic, not enough room for everyone, we were asked to dine in another breakfast room on the last morning as the main restaurant was overflowing !! Although saying this, we were pleasantly surprised with the breakfast and the choice, even crispy bacon and paprika sausages were there :)
That is really the only down side to the hotel, the staff are extremely pleasant and friendly, the rooms are very clean and as ours was a suite it was very spacious. The interior and design of the hotel is fantastic, I loved all the glass and the odd sculptures dotted about here and there, the coffee lounge on the mezzanine is superb and they do a mean "pina colada"
It is well situated, with many bars and restaurants around that area, the szimpla kert bar area is great and we had a fab night there, so good location. (although not too noisy), plus it's only a 15 to 20 minute walk to Andrassy, The Danube and Vaci Utca, plus many other areas, so very well located if you like to have a stroll to places and not have them right on your doorstep.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Budapest and I will hopefully return one day.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are a little small so I would spend the extra few pounds and request a larger roo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mtf0508

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed description. It may be a huge help for those travelers who haven’t decided yet wich hotel to choose. Special thanks for the introduction of the location of our Continental Hotel Budapest. I really apologise for the trouble with the heating as the outside temperature changed suddenly to calm and the hotel was still in heating mode. I was happy to read that you were satisfed with the extra room opening solution for breakfast to avoid crowd.

I also hope that you will have the possibility to return to us sometime.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice and modern hotel, good service from the staff only complaint was that the rooms were a bit small, but not exceptionally. Spa was well equipped. Location was perfect for sight seeing. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

As I can read in your review you were satisfied with almost everything except the size of the room but I’m glad that instead of this inconveniency you could enjoy your time and I hope we can welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel at the end of March 2012. The lobby is very nice and classy , giving a very good first impression. The personnel at the lobby were friendly & spook English very fluently. We were quite early, but we already got the chance to enter our room. Great service!
Rooms were big & clean, there's nothing bad I can say about them. Fitness & Welness looked modern & clean as well.
The location is good: not the nicest neighbourhood, but very close to everything.
Here are some small remarks:
1/The Fitness & Welness space only opens at 09H00. I would prefer to use these facilities earlier (f.e. at 08h00).
2/The breakfast was very good, but the breakfast room was quite small. And the tables were positioned too close to the breakfast itself. This would result in hordes of people walking relatively close to your table. Not a big deal, but still something to look into.
Conclusion: a very nice hotel! Would recommend it to anyone who is visiting Budapest!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I appreciate that you took your time to share your experiences with the Tripadvisor readers. It’s really nice to know that our service met your expectations. It’s always a difficult question how to organise breakfast time. Let me inform you that we have introduced a new breakfast forecast table so that our Guests can choose the most comfortable time zone. It may help to avoid the crowd. With the arrival of the warmer season even during breakfast guests can enjoy the courtyard too. According to our experience the usage of the wellness area was minimal before 9 am, this is why we have changed the opening time. We are constantly monitoring the deamnd for it and will certainly chnage the opening time if it is necessary.

Please choose us again when you visit Budapest next time.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I had read the good reviews of this hotel which helped me to choose the Continental Zara. I was not disappointed. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The room was a good size, clean, and comfortable. As the hotel was not on the main street, it was also quiet. The breakfast buffet could not have been better with so many foods to choose from. Check in and check out were perfect. On our last day, we had to leave early before breakfast was ready. The staff was glad to provide us a breakfast bag which was perfect. i can't say enough good things about our experience here and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: I received a discount by paying at the time of booking although my credit card was not charged until...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DiscusNJ
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your satisfaction. I am very happy to hear how much we succeeded to manage your time with us enjoyable. I appreciated in particular that you found your room comfortable and good sized since coming from the Big Apple you must be used to much more spacious rooms like we have in Europe.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again.