Continental Hotel Budapest
  • Room Service
US$138
US$114
4,629 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcontinental zaraaraz restaurantgallery bargreat hotelrevolving doorjewish quarterwellness centredeluxe roomszimpla kertruin barspillow menutop floorcity breakthe riverspa facilitiesbars and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently spent 5 nights at this fab hotel.Gorgeous interior, friendly and attentive staff, good food and the added bonus of a rooftop pool and terrace with sun loungers.The location is fine if you don't mind walking a little. I.used my tripadvisor voucher to get upgraded to a delux room with no problems. The only negative I can think of is the fact that the beds in our twin room were tiny, other than that, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Debi M
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your satisfaction. I am very happy that we managed to make your time enjoyable with us. However I am very sad that your stay wasn’t perfect because you found the bed too tiny. I hope that this inconvenience couldn’t make your Budapest less gladsome.

I am looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

The Zara is located in beautifully redone building on a relatively quiet side street in the centre of Budapest. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the breakfast was good and the room was tastefully decorated and pleasant to be in. The highlight was the two swimming pools (one outdoor) and jacuzzi on the roof of the building.

The only negative thing I can say about the hotel was that the room was quite small, although not so much so that it caused us any problems. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and intend to stay there again when I am next in Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank London_Man_12

Dear Guest,

We have proudly learnt you were having a great time at Continental Hotel Budapest, thank you indeed for sharing it with us. I am sorry to hear that our room size didn’t meet your expectations, although I am delighted that you found it tastefully decorated and pleasant to stay in. I lik eto call your attention that we have for different room types as per size and amenities.

Thank you very much for the recommendation and we happily are at your service any time.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Very nice hotel well located to visit the major sightseeings but very disappointed with the room, very small,After the 1 st night we moved for a suite or deluxe room which was better but in this one it wasn't clean at all.
Very disapointed also by the breakfast room, very crowdy, very cold, very noisy not relaxing at all to start the day but the dishes were ok. The 2d day we had to wait 10 minutes for a table which wasn't clean . This is the main problem of the hotel.
The staff from the reception is great and friendly, location perfect, architecture of the builing amazing and the terrace is great with its swimming pool.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. I was really sad to read your review. It’s very regrettable that we couldn’t satisfy your expectations with the room size. Furthermore I am shocked to learn that your deluxe room wasn’t clean at all. I will surely have the cleaning service vigorously supervise and I can assure you that you won’t experience any similar case like yours once again in our hotel.

Breakfast is a difficult question (in every hotel) – when we are fully booked we have at least 400 guests who can have their breakfast between 7 am and 10.30 am. It happens that the majority of the guests come around 9 to 10 for breakfast and we can really hardly manage 150-200 guests at the same time. In order to avoid peak hours we posted a breakfast forecast at the entrance of the restaurant to inform our guests about the least crowded time zones.

Finally I am glad you consider our receptionists great, location perfect, architecture of our building amazing and the terrace is great.

Please be our guest again.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I thought I had done my research but not well enough. After coming from Vienna and staying in such a lovely hotel, was hoping for more at Zara. The staff was very nice but the hotel itself was just too big. I don't blame them, but myself for not recognizing it more of a business hotel. It also was a bit far from places and we had to take cabs to most places. The breakfast was horrible and I would not recommend it. Coffee from a big machine...cold eggs....we ended up just doing breakfast once and then running in other mornings for a quick croissant. The pool was nice but it is very small. It was clean and with exception of not taking dirty dishes away, the housekeeping was good. I can't really recommend this though.

Room Tip: Wasn't noisy and we were street side. Just not a great location for the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travel_HeidiS

Dear Guest,

I was astonished to read your comment. It’s an awful feeling to realize that one of our guests is so dissatisfied with almost everything. I can’t exactly understand how you mean that we are too big, although I am convinced that we are not absolutely a business hotel. We intend to service both businessmen and tourists, just like individuals and families.

Unfortunately I can’t agree with you on the fact that we are far from places, actually we are located in the heart of the city. All means of public transportation such as bus, tram and metro can be reached within 2 minutes walk. Our concierges are always ready to help you to organize your trips and sightseeing. Great Synagoge, Opera, Andrassy Boulevard are all nearby and a lot of sites within walking distance.

I am sorry to hear that you found the breakfast horrible. Our coffee machine gives you real Italian coffee (100% Arabica), but you can also order al a carte coffee from the waiters for free. Our chefs even make fresh scrabbled egg with any ingredients or ham and eggs if you wish, you just have to ask our waiters for it.

Continental Hotel Budapest is a city hotel not a wellness hotel with a unique outside pool on the roof and with an additional indoor pool. No city hotel in Budapest have such facilities this is why I think it is not fair to blame it for the size of the pools.

However I am glad that you found at least the the staff and the housekeeping good.

I hope you are able to return to the hotel to enjoy a more pleasant experience next time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We had an amazing stay in the Zara hotel, breakfast allways full served, very attentive, friendly, elegant and helpful staff, we'll recommend it to our friends

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest. I am glad to able to come up to your expectations. I appreciate that you recommend our Continental Hotel Budapest to your friends.

Please be our guest again!

Best regards,