“Excellent”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #39 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Excellent hotel, very good rooms and in a nice location. The breakfast was very good, but coming from Scandinavia one probably would expect more.

The staff was very friendly and service excellent.

Can nothing but recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christian S
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Christian S,

Thank you for your delightful headline (it couldn’t be more flattering) and for your review on your stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior. We are pleased to hear that we could meet your expectations, and that you recommend our services to other travelers, looking for a relaxing city break in the heart of Budapest. I thank you also for praising our breakfast in general, and if you have some spare time, I am truly excited to hear, how we should improve our breakfast selection in order to impress even more our deeply honored Scandinavian guests.

Thank you for your cooperation, kindest regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,469)

Reviewed 13 August 2012

The location is excellent with the Danube about 15-20 mins walk away, and metro and bus access nearby. In old 'Jewish' quarter with good small restaurants, 'ruin' bars etc. The area around the hotel was quiet and felt very safe ( like all of Budapest where we visited). The staff were helpful and pleasant and had good English. Breakfast ( included in our tariff) offered extended choice, though the dining area is very large and busy, so breakfast was not a restful experience! The ensuite room( standard)was rather small we thought, but adequately provisioned. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were rather spartan.The conversion of the hotel from the original spa building, has been done well and imaginatively in the public rooms. The spa is small, and I tried a couple of times to book a last minute massage ( unsuccessfully) but I felt that the massage reception ( a separate company?) was rather off- hand in their manner, and not particularly helpful. Overall a good value hotel that we would recommend.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 284Babs
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear „284Babs”!

First of all let me thank you for taking the time and for your kind comments in regards to your stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior.
We put great emphasis on atmosphere, service, and training and it is great that you felt exactly that. It makes me also delighted, that the interior and the design of the hotel, as well as the breakfast and the location of the property were at your satisfaction – these features all contribute to the success and exceptional reputation of our property.

As the massage is one of the most popular services of the hotel, we usually recommend to make a reservation in advance – as last minute requests, just as you have mentioned, can be accepted on very few occasions. Thank you also for pointing out the inadequate manner of our colleague at the massage area, I will immedieately look into the matter, as such behaviour towards our guests is completely unaccaptable.

I sincerely hope, that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel again for another memorable stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I booked my break through Jet2 and this hotel was one of the options.I booked it on the strength of reviews on this site and wasn't disappointed!
The staff couldn't be more helpful and attentive in a genuine way, and the hotel is beautiful.Excellent facilities and reasonably priced too.Great breakfast,something for everyone.The room safe is big enough for a laptop and there is free wi-fi.Lovely bar and restaurant,and the rooftop spa and outdoor pool were great.
The area has plenty of places to eat/drink and is easy to access all the attractions.We used the hop on/off bus to introduce us to this wonderful city and this includes tickets for cruises on the Danube.After going with my daughter in July,I have booked again for Sept with my fiance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 190SAF5

Dear “190SAF5”,

First of all let me thank you for your time spent writing your comments about your first stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior on tripadvisor.com. I am delighted to read that your overall impressions of the hotel and the staff were excellent and it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.
I am thrilled that you had such a nice time at the hotel, and that you managed to provide such a comprehensive overview of our services, highlighting almost all of our main assets, the staff (what we consider to be the most important in the hospitality industry), the breakfast, the bar, the free wi-fi, the room safe, the rooftop spa, the outdoor pool and last but not least the excellent, unique location of the hotel.
It makes me particularly delighted, that you plan to return in September, on your next trip to the city. If I can be of any assistance, regarding your future stay at, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Thank you again for taking the time to record your comment on tripadvisor.com.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This is an amazing hotel. Beautifully done up with elegance. The rooms are large and quiet. Good value for money. The restaurant was fantastic. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The whole place was immaculately clean. The location is good - in the centre of the old Jewish quarter with good access to public transport to get you about the city easily. The rooftop pool was brilliant - wonderful morning wake up or evening cool down. Lots of good (and very cheap) eateries and ruin pubs close by. All in all a real find. Definitely hope to be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear Bruntie2,

I thank you very much for pointing out your extreme satisfaction regarding the high standard of services delivered at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior.

I am truly glad to hear that you have had such an enjoyable experience with us, having highlights of your stay, such as our excellent ARAZ restaurant, the magnificent rooftop pool, and the unique ruin pubs in the vicinity. Thank you for praising our location, in my opinion also it is a perfect start point to your discovery of Budapest.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Budapest.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Lovely hotel in a great location - lovely staff and the breakfast was great with loads of choice. Definitely recommend if staying in Budapest.

The reception area is lovely and the free WiFi was great. We stayed during the Olympics and it was nice that they had it on the bar so we could have a few drinks and watch it if we didn't feel like being in our room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Lauren E,

First of all let me thank you for choosing to stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to learn that you were satisfied with the hotel’s facilities and services and we really appreciate your comment regarding our breakfast selection, the professional staff and the unique reception area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. I thank you again for your confidence, loyalty and kind words.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. The hotel has a classy atmosphere as soon as you walk in - very nice reception area, attentive staff at the door and reception, squeeky clean and tidy, etc. I had a double room on the 4th floor, no real complaints - tidy, clean, etc. Maybe a little bit on the small side but that really is nit-picking. I ate breakfast (very acceptable) and also had dinner in the restaurant - a very good meal, a great bottle of wine and very attentive and friendly staff - first class!
Two things that I noted - one is that the lifts were very slow, I waite a few minutes one two occasions. Second was that I had to keep the window in the room closed at night as it was noisy outside.
I travel a fair bit for business and stay in quite a lot of hotels. As a result, I tend to be pretty picky about what I like and why. The best compliment I can give this hotel is that I would love to take my wife there, it was great value for money and well worth a stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Arby1304,

I deeply appreciate you posting a review of Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior. Feedback is always valuable to us and I am pleased that you had such an excellent opinion about our hotel and services. Thank you also for highlighting the outstanding quality, and the generous hospitality at our restaurant, what we are very proud of, no wonder, that among tourists, as well as locals, it became recently one of the most popular restaurants of Budapest.

I regret to hear, that during the night you experienced some kind of noise from the street. As the hotel is located in the middle of the city center, surrounded by unique bars, excellent restaurants and local clubs, on the weekends it is inevitable to have some streetbazz all around the property. As we have soundproof windows, and an exceptional air-conditioning system, we do not usually have problems with this issue (some of our guests even prefer to have a room, overlooking the street to enjoy the bustling street life of the city). For future reference, I would recommend you to leave a note for us, when making the reservation, to have a room, overlooking the garden, and this way you can completely avoid the street noise.

I am pleased to hear that you would like to return and look forward to having you back with your wife anytime in the future. Please do contact me directly beforehand so that I may oversee all arrangements personally.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2012

The hotel was excellent, our deluxe room had a super large bed which was very comfortable, the sitting room was huge and comfortable and the bathroom had a bath and a separate shower cubicle. There were 2 TV sets (onein the bedroom and a large one in the sitting room).
The breakfasts were excellent, plenty of choice to cater for all choice.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly - nothing was too much for them.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank M_Edwards288
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear M_Edwards288,

Referring to your review above, first of all let me thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experiences with the rest of the TripAdvisor clients. It makes me really glad to read, that you found our room comfortable and spacious enough (which according to your description in my opinion has to be a bigger category, and not a Deluxe Room).
I was also pleased to hear how impressed you were by our breakfast selection. We pride ourselves on having one of the best breakfasts in Budapest with the choice of typical Hungarian, as well as international buffet breakfast items. It is always wonderful to hear that according to your judgement, our staff was one of the highlights of the hotel. I will be sure to share your kind words with our entire team.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior someday, and I would like to encourage you to feel free to contact me directly for future accommodations.

Sincerely Yours,