“Good value nice hotel”

Continental Hotel Budapest
Ranked #39 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“Good value nice hotel”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My wife and I spent four nights here in August 2012. We decided on this hotel having read previous reviews on tripadvisor and were not disappointed. We were delighted that we were able to use the offer on tripadvisor at the time for a free room upgrade. The room was excellent and whilst having modern facilities (including wifi in the room) the character of the building had been tastefully retained. The location is great and the rooftop swimming pool was ideal after a day's sightseeing as the temperature was in the mid 30s. We would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

1 Thank benandkaren
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear benandkaren,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your fantastic review on Tripadvisor. As you mention yourself, we have several guests, choosing the hotel based solely on previous guest’s reviews. That is one of the main reasons, we pay special attention to customer service and appreciate your generousity of taking the time.
It is my great pleasure to note that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and had a very pleasant experience in our wellness area. This summer was extremely hot (actually it still is), our outdoor pool was (and is) a fairly significant addition to the hotel services.
I am particularly pleased, that you liked the ambiance and the construction of the building, which is the result of a meticulous and careful planning period and a long-term and complex construction work.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next stay in the area,

Kindest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Canterbury
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We travelled across Europe by train to Budapest, and the hotel car was waiting to collect us at the station when we arrived. At the hotel we were greeted by professional friendly staff who could not do enough for us, and we were escorted to our room by a lovely porter called Lazzio who made us so welcome. The room had been upgraded to a Deluxe at no extra cost and we were very comfortable throughout out three night stay. The public areas in the hotel are beautiful, clean and bright, and we felt very relaxed. We dined in the Aras restaurant in the hotel while we were staying there, and the food was superb, the service excellent and the price very reasonable. The breakfast was to die for, everything you could possibly think of was there, and again the service was excellent. A wonderful three days and we will definitely be going back there.

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe room which was everything we needed and very comfortable.
3 Thank milo04
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
Dear Milo04,

I feel hearty satisfaction from your detailed review. This is our goal, and I am happy that we did not fail.

I really appareciate your kind words and your excellent scores and look forward to your promised return.

Sincerely yours,
Vellinge, Sweden
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Excellent hotel, very good rooms and in a nice location. The breakfast was very good, but coming from Scandinavia one probably would expect more.

The staff was very friendly and service excellent.

Can nothing but recommend this hotel!

3 Thank Christian S
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Christian S,

Thank you for your delightful headline (it couldn’t be more flattering) and for your review on your stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior. We are pleased to hear that we could meet your expectations, and that you recommend our services to other travelers, looking for a relaxing city break in the heart of Budapest. I thank you also for praising our breakfast in general, and if you have some spare time, I am truly excited to hear, how we should improve our breakfast selection in order to impress even more our deeply honored Scandinavian guests.

Thank you for your cooperation, kindest regards,
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The location is excellent with the Danube about 15-20 mins walk away, and metro and bus access nearby. In old 'Jewish' quarter with good small restaurants, 'ruin' bars etc. The area around the hotel was quiet and felt very safe ( like all of Budapest where we visited). The staff were helpful and pleasant and had good English. Breakfast ( included in our tariff) offered extended choice, though the dining area is very large and busy, so breakfast was not a restful experience! The ensuite room( standard)was rather small we thought, but adequately provisioned. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were rather spartan.The conversion of the hotel from the original spa building, has been done well and imaginatively in the public rooms. The spa is small, and I tried a couple of times to book a last minute massage ( unsuccessfully) but I felt that the massage reception ( a separate company?) was rather off- hand in their manner, and not particularly helpful. Overall a good value hotel that we would recommend.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 284Babs
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Dear „284Babs”!

First of all let me thank you for taking the time and for your kind comments in regards to your stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior.
We put great emphasis on atmosphere, service, and training and it is great that you felt exactly that. It makes me also delighted, that the interior and the design of the hotel, as well as the breakfast and the location of the property were at your satisfaction – these features all contribute to the success and exceptional reputation of our property.

As the massage is one of the most popular services of the hotel, we usually recommend to make a reservation in advance – as last minute requests, just as you have mentioned, can be accepted on very few occasions. Thank you also for pointing out the inadequate manner of our colleague at the massage area, I will immedieately look into the matter, as such behaviour towards our guests is completely unaccaptable.

I sincerely hope, that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel again for another memorable stay.

Kind regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I booked my break through Jet2 and this hotel was one of the options.I booked it on the strength of reviews on this site and wasn't disappointed!
The staff couldn't be more helpful and attentive in a genuine way, and the hotel is beautiful.Excellent facilities and reasonably priced too.Great breakfast,something for everyone.The room safe is big enough for a laptop and there is free wi-fi.Lovely bar and restaurant,and the rooftop spa and outdoor pool were great.
The area has plenty of places to eat/drink and is easy to access all the attractions.We used the hop on/off bus to introduce us to this wonderful city and this includes tickets for cruises on the Danube.After going with my daughter in July,I have booked again for Sept with my fiance.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 190SAF5
Dear “190SAF5”,

First of all let me thank you for your time spent writing your comments about your first stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior on tripadvisor.com. I am delighted to read that your overall impressions of the hotel and the staff were excellent and it will give me great pleasure to communicate your kind remarks to the entire team.
I am thrilled that you had such a nice time at the hotel, and that you managed to provide such a comprehensive overview of our services, highlighting almost all of our main assets, the staff (what we consider to be the most important in the hospitality industry), the breakfast, the bar, the free wi-fi, the room safe, the rooftop spa, the outdoor pool and last but not least the excellent, unique location of the hotel.
It makes me particularly delighted, that you plan to return in September, on your next trip to the city. If I can be of any assistance, regarding your future stay at, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Thank you again for taking the time to record your comment on tripadvisor.com.

With kind regards,
Edinburgh
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This is an amazing hotel. Beautifully done up with elegance. The rooms are large and quiet. Good value for money. The restaurant was fantastic. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The whole place was immaculately clean. The location is good - in the centre of the old Jewish quarter with good access to public transport to get you about the city easily. The rooftop pool was brilliant - wonderful morning wake up or evening cool down. Lots of good (and very cheap) eateries and ruin pubs close by. All in all a real find. Definitely hope to be back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Zoltan_Geher, General Manager at Continental Hotel Budapest, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear Bruntie2,

I thank you very much for pointing out your extreme satisfaction regarding the high standard of services delivered at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior.

I am truly glad to hear that you have had such an enjoyable experience with us, having highlights of your stay, such as our excellent ARAZ restaurant, the magnificent rooftop pool, and the unique ruin pubs in the vicinity. Thank you for praising our location, in my opinion also it is a perfect start point to your discovery of Budapest.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Budapest.

Kind regards,
Birmingham
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Lovely hotel in a great location - lovely staff and the breakfast was great with loads of choice. Definitely recommend if staying in Budapest.

The reception area is lovely and the free WiFi was great. We stayed during the Olympics and it was nice that they had it on the bar so we could have a few drinks and watch it if we didn't feel like being in our room.

Dear Lauren E,

First of all let me thank you for choosing to stay at Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to learn that you were satisfied with the hotel’s facilities and services and we really appreciate your comment regarding our breakfast selection, the professional staff and the unique reception area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Continental Hotel Budapest ****superior in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. I thank you again for your confidence, loyalty and kind words.

Yours sincerely,